Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

Mainly just wanted to come on here to praise Zak rudden for going completely bald. His hair was terrible and many men try desperately to cling to a lost cause with their hair. Upmost respect to him for accepting defeat and embracing the beard. Also he is shite.

Fucking hell, the absolute opposite of that. Folk who shave their heads are trying to hide from folk exactly how bald they are while framing it as a fashion choice, they should be made to sport their shame instead of being applauded for hiding it. And as for that beard...

Finally - there are no Dundee fans complaining about the result. It was the total opposite of the Patrick game. They had 2 spells like we had last night and scored 2 flukey goals. It ended 2-3 and they were claiming it should have been 5 zip them when we had dominated the game to be undone by our bombscare defending and bad luck. I’d love to see Ayr promoted.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.  In big chunks of the game Ayr were the best team we have played this season and were worthy winners.  For chunks of the first half and even at the start of the second I actually thought we played reasonably well.  

Bowyers is going to have to get the players reacting better to well drilled and determined teams like Ayr.  We also definitely need more leaders on the park that are willing to rally the team when things are going wrong. 

Good luck with the rest of the season to Ayr as their fans seem like a decent bunch.

Got to agree and tbf to Dundee losing Mccowan and McGowan was a big blow for them, thought it was a cracking game with Dundee playing their part aswell. 

13 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Akinyemi was indeed the eye-catcher but hes got a long season ahead of him and I well remember Thistle pumping Hamilton 6-0 (maybe 6-1....cant remember) and Zak Rudden being touted the next whatever. 

Rudden and Akinyemi could very well end up top scorers at the end of this season but Ayr fans need to realise a strikers lot is only a happy lot when he's scoring goals.... and that wont always happen.

We'll visit this topic later in the season for an update .

The great thing about Dipo is that he's the opposite of Tomi both as a player and from an attitude perspective, the boy runs all day and works for the team even when not scoring and off the pitch his attitude appears to be the same, he's very grounded, well liked and doesn't get down on either himself or others.

As you say, it's very early days but my main worries with Dipo are him picking up an injury or us receiving a cheeky bid that we can't refuse...

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Finally - there are no Dundee fans complaining about the result. It was the total opposite of the Patrick game. They had 2 spells like we had last night and scored 2 flukey goals. It ended 2-3 and they were claiming it should have been 5 zip them when we had dominated the game to be undone by our bombscare defending and bad luck. I’d love to see Ayr promoted.

Well said and i think alot of Dundee fans have the benefit of recent championship campaigns to fall back on which is why there's relative calm. 

These results will happen especially early on with a new manager. I see a run of fixtures now where we can really kick on. I'll go out on a limb here and say we'll be top by November. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Fifespud said:

To finish off I thought the ref had a decent game. Let some fairly rough stuff go, but evenly. We’re hard enough on them when they’re shite.

I've never seen a modern day ref attempt to referee the game from the centre circle but Aitken gave it a go. That's why he let the rough stuff go, because he was nowhere near it to actually see it. It was the same for the countless shirt pulls. Rather than it being a conscious decision on his part imo.

In summary - he isn't the worst but not the best either.

Well said and i think alot of Dundee fans have the benefit of recent championship campaigns to fall back on which is why there's relative calm. 
These results will happen especially early on with a new manager. I see a run of fixtures now where we can really kick on. I'll go out on a limb here and say we'll be top by November. 
Thank you. 

Hope so!!

I've never seen a modern day ref attempt to referee the game from the centre circle but Aitken gave it a go. That's why he let the rough stuff go, because he was nowhere near it to actually see it. It was the same for the countless shirt pulls. Rather than it being a conscious decision on his part imo.
In summary - he isn't the worst but not the best either.

Whatever, the game was the better for it.