Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

48 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

No many dees on here the night. Must be an early bed for you guys. What can I say about this. I’ve got to feel sorry for all the 84 Dee fans that were at the game tonight. I have to say I never expected your team to struggle so badly in such a weak league as this. Must be a real worry for you. I really hope you guys can improve cause I’m really missing the derby.

To be fair it was nearer 184 Dee fans, but still a pathetic turnout from the "cough" title favourites. Unfair to say the league is weak, when we're only 4/5 games into the season. Dundee put in a plucky performance tonight, they were just unlucky to come up against a well organised Ayr United team, with quality performances back to front. Based on tonights display from the Dees, you'll be missing the derby for quite a while. OTIA.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Thank you.

Sorry I've been an absolute dick tonight. Not having the best week. I probably need to f**k off for a while.

Fitbaw banter buddy. All the very best to you for the weeks, months and years ahead.

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cannot stress how much of a cheat code it is at this level to have two centre backs who can play the ball as good as any midfielder. Aimless punts turn into attack starting passes. It’s great!

Absolutely this! Allows Dempsey and Murdoch to play much further forward when we are in possession as they don't need to keep coming short.

Thought Ayr where very good last night, have to say they have surprised me. certainly appear to be a dark horse so far. Mainly just wanted to come on here to praise Zak rudden for going completely bald. His hair was terrible and many men try desperately to cling to a lost cause with their hair. Upmost respect to him for accepting defeat and embracing the beard. Also he is shite.

Can't be Musonda with all those miskicks. One of his clearances went straight back over his own head.

You call them miskicks, I call it juggling the ball and taking the piss out of the opposition. Not since Michael Rose have we had two centre backs that even when they are being pressed I’m not worried in the slightest about them being caught out. I really feel for McGinty as he had started the season really well but Musonda and Kirk are absolutely imperative to the way we play now.

8 hours ago, @lb@yr said:

To be fair it was nearer 184 Dee fans, but still a pathetic turnout from the "cough" title favourites. Unfair to say the league is weak, when we're only 4/5 games into the season. Dundee put in a plucky performance tonight, they were just unlucky to come up against a well organised Ayr United team, with quality performances back to front. Based on tonights display from the Dees, you'll be missing the derby for quite a while. OTIA.

The way United are playing it could be back next season.

7 hours ago, @lb@yr said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.  In big chunks of the game Ayr were the best team we have played this season and were worthy winners.  For chunks of the first half and even at the start of the second I actually thought we played reasonably well.  

Bowyers is going to have to get the players reacting better to well drilled and determined teams like Ayr.  We also definitely need more leaders on the park that are willing to rally the team when things are going wrong. 

Good luck with the rest of the season to Ayr as their fans seem like a decent bunch.