Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

MOTM for me were either Musonda or Kirk. Had the cigars out for that game. Akinyemi was immense as well as was pretty much everyone. I cannot stress enough how good a find Ben Dempsey is and getting him on a three year deal is arguably the best business this club has ever done. Even if we don’t do anything this season this squad won’t be picked apart with the club getting f**k all in the summer. I can see us offering Dipo a contract in the summer and if he knocks it back we’ll try and sell him. That’s got to be our model now. No room for being sentimental and wanting to watch him for another year. Let the big man rip it up for 12 months and if we get a good offer then we take it. That’s a long way away though and we need to hope that the team can keep going the way we have and hopefully we can add a couple of bodies before the deadline next week.

Is Kirk the guy from Arsenal Academy?.....he looks a good find.

Dempsey?.... thought he was a tad pedantic but just my take.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

MOTM for me were either Musonda or Kirk. Had the cigars out for that game. Akinyemi was immense as well as was pretty much everyone. I cannot stress enough how good a find Ben Dempsey is and getting him on a three year deal is arguably the best business this club has ever done. Even if we don’t do anything this season this squad won’t be picked apart with the club getting f**k all in the summer. I can see us offering Dipo a contract in the summer and if he knocks it back we’ll try and sell him. That’s got to be our model now. No room for being sentimental and wanting to watch him for another year. Let the big man rip it up for 12 months and if we get a good offer then we take it. That’s a long way away though and we need to hope that the team can keep going the way we have and hopefully we can add a couple of bodies before the deadline next week.

Thought Musonda flogged the goal we scored. Just completely lost his man so I'd rule him out for that.

Great team performance, but Akinyemi the obvious eye catcher.

Thought Musonda flogged the goal we scored. Just completely lost his man so I'd rule him out for that.

From where I was standing it looked like Reading was trying to see it out for a goal kick and the Dundee player managed to keep it in and cut it back for Rudden. Reading mostly to blame but Musonda maybe should’ve done better.

Cannot stress how much of a cheat code it is at this level to have two centre backs who can play the ball as good as any midfielder. Aimless punts turn into attack starting passes. It’s great!

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye, this. Both played very well. Frankie Musonda is just something else, what a signing. 

The long term deals is very good stuff. It was truly painful watching our squad from 17/18 & 18/19 get ripped to shreds without any benefit to the club, especially considering that absolute dross that followed.

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Thistle fan. ** How’s the wee inbred Neds that wear Nike joggys and adidas jumpers handed  down from uncle and auntie Greenock doing anyway?

No idea you should look closer to Glasgow for fancy dress like that. I'm sure the neds in Greenock have a bit more class. 

**Nah definitely a Partick fan 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Akinyemi was indeed the eye-catcher but hes got a long season ahead of him and I well remember Thistle pumping Hamilton 6-0 (maybe 6-1....cant remember) and Zak Rudden being touted the next whatever. 

Rudden and Akinyemi could very well end up top scorers at the end of this season but Ayr fans need to realise a strikers lot is only a happy lot when he's scoring goals.... and that wont always happen.

We'll visit this topic later in the season for an update .

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Any chance the Thistle and Morton fans can f**k off now

Could do just popped on to have a laugh a Dundee but that Partick fan sidetracked it. But seens your rattled on a public forum might just hang about for a bit longer 

Fantastic performance tonight! What a signing Dipo has been. Thought he was immense tonight. 

1st goal seemed to come from little, our defence seemed to switch off andwwe were getting pummelled in the 1st five minutes. Great to see the team show grit to come back and equalise fairly quickly.

McCowan looked gubbed the second he tried to continue after getting injured. To be honest did feel somewhat relieved as he was one of Dundees main attacking threats and he's a good player. I hope it is not a serious injury he picked up.

Once Houston scored his excellent goal against the run of play Dundee were rattled. Dipos 2nd was a thing of beauty.

If Sweeney was the captain of Dundee that is a tinpot way to be sent off.

No many dees on here the night. Must be an early bed for you guys. What can I say about this. I’ve got to feel sorry for all the 84 Dee fans that were at the game tonight. I have to say I never expected your team to struggle so badly in such a weak league as this. Must be a real worry for you. I really hope you guys can improve cause I’m really missing the derby.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Thank you.

Sorry I've been an absolute dick tonight. Not having the best week. I probably need to f**k off for a while.

No apologies necessary. I’m guilty of taking the mickey but as an Ayr fan these opportunities are few and far between. 

16 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

No many dees on here the night. Must be an early bed for you guys. What can I say about this. I’ve got to feel sorry for all the 84 Dee fans that were at the game tonight. I have to say I never expected your team to struggle so badly in such a weak league as this. Must be a real worry for you. I really hope you guys can improve cause I’m really missing the derby.

I mean, you'll be joining us down here at the rate you're going.

A decent game tonight, Dundee scored early but didn't create much clear cut after that, McCowan going off and then McGowan kind of killed them off, They looked dangerous for the first half hour. 

Apart from a 10min spell in the second half, they never really had a foot hold. Sweeny was 100% getting sent off tonight after his early booking, I thought it would be for a clumsy challenge rather than a tantrum though. They defended well enough but their midfield was poor. 

Ayr had control of most of the game but seemed to rush things and try to be to quick, When we took our time and built play we were a lot better, Houston's goal was an example of that. A lot of good performances, Ben Dempsey just to be everywhere the ball was, Murdoch was excellent, the front three  worked non-stop and Albinson had his best game for the club. 

Not a comfortable win but certainly a deserved win