Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think it’s overly shocking tbh. Maybe doesn’t give us credit for how we literally took apart Arbroath but couldn’t put the ball in the net and how utterly dominant we were against Cove. However we’ve still got a lot to prove and we’ve got a piss thin squad at the minute. I’d be worried if we lost one of Dempsey or Murdoch although I think we’ll just have to utilise Hewitt and Smith in that instance. We’ve only got two actual wide players and in todays AP it says that both are carrying slight niggles but hopefully both are fine. If we lost Dipo though then we will struggle massively. For us to continue our good form then we need another striker. Another wide midfielder as well who is slightly different to what we’ve got would also be nice. Don’t think we need an actual number 10 as we’ve got nowhere to put him.

We can only judge ourselves against what's put in front of us and I do believe that some of our fans are trying to rate us against Man City or Barcelona at times, when we should be getting a sense of reality and understanding that we're in the second tier of Scottish Football with a bunch of journeymen and limited youngsters in our squad. Of course the opposition are in the same boat and so far we seem to have nothing to fear.

It is what it is.

Had we been really lucky in any of our games that we've remained unbeaten then I'd understand it, but we haven't, however, whatever happens against Dundee on Friday (who I believe have easily the best squad and will win the league comfortably) I'm happy with our start and confident enough that we'll stay up and even challenge for the play offs.

I'd take a draw right now...

We can only judge ourselves against what's put in front of us and I do believe that some of our fans are trying to rate us against Man City or Barcelona at times, when we should be getting a sense of reality and understanding that we're in the second tier of Scottish Football with a bunch of journeymen and limited youngsters in our squad. Of course the opposition are in the same boat and so far we seem to have nothing to fear.
It is what it is.
Had we been really lucky in any of our games that we've remained unbeaten then I'd understand it, but we haven't, however, whatever happens against Dundee on Friday (who I believe have easily the best squad and will win the league comfortably) I'm happy with our start and confident enough that we'll stay up and even challenge for the play offs.
I'd take a draw right now...

No one is rating us as anything of the sort. However we all remember how quickly it turned to shit last season after a few good games. It’s been a promising start but there’s absolutely nothing to say that we’ll finish top 4 or even finish above 8th. Things can change very quickly and it remains to be seen what Bullen does if we take a loss from somewhere.

Would have loved to tick Somerset Park off the list but the BBC and SPFL in their infinite wisdom making this a Friday night game has deemed this impossible for a load of people to get down there in time without taking time off work. Nice one. 

Will need to watch through the iPaella. 

1-2 Dundee in a hard fought battle. Ayr are no mugs and have started the season well so we have to be at our best.

33 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Which would still place it significantly above the city of Dundee in the attractiveness stakes.

12 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

Where as Dundee makes Beirut look like Beverly Hills.

V&A Dundee by Kengo Kuma

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Would have loved to tick Somerset Park off the list

It's now been covered but unless your list is of absolute bin fires of "stadiums" you should really be happy to be keeping a safe distance from, you'll be fine with some TV coverage.

6 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

It's now been covered but unless your list is of absolute bin fires of "stadiums" you should really be happy to be keeping a safe distance from, you'll be fine with some TV coverage.

The list is just ticking off all Scottish stadiums to be honest. Shit-hole or not.

Actually grateful to be missing out on the 2+ hour drive. Sit getting pished watching on tv sounds like a better option now.

1 hour ago, Big Gus said:

Your mum is a bin fire of a stadium that's had more people in her than a sold-out Camp Nou.

Edited by Richey Edwards