Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

11 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Yep, and even then it was because I said this:

I am now sufficiently aware of Mark McKenzie. About as much as one could be I would even say... that being barely.

I’m glad you boys aren’t taking a throwaway remark about an Ayr player too seriously, at least.

On 23/08/2022 at 12:12, eez-eh said:

I’m glad you boys aren’t taking a throwaway remark about an Ayr player too seriously, at least.

Tbh I just wanted to shoehorn in my old throwaway remark and it was relevant to that.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 21/08/2022 at 19:14, Superhursy7 said:

How's Luke McCowan (McGowan) getting on for you guys really liked him for us just needed a bit of maturity and not let his head go down when things don't go his way.

Edited by Peadar BigDinnerO'Driscoll

After the last two away games, i don't think anyone can go into this expecting Dundee to walk away with a win unless it's a turgid 0 - 1. 

I'm happy to take the point this early in the season though as we have a run of games which should see us above these Ayrshire diddies before the conclusion of October anyway. 

Thank you. 

What are the thoughts of Dee fans on their start? Seems to be steady if unspectacular. Lot of familiar faces from their last time in this league but I think they’ll pose a really tough test on Friday night.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

What are the thoughts of Dee fans on their start? Seems to be steady if unspectacular. Lot of familiar faces from their last time in this league but I think they’ll pose a really tough test on Friday night.

It's been organised meh.

We are really needing a poacher imo, but will Sheridan be the answer? Defence needs a bit of work at left back, we are nearly there I guess. For once as a Dundee fan I have no complaints about the manager.....yet.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Par for the course imo. New manager looking how best to use a largely settled team, opening game of the season was a big wake-up call and every game has been tight. Hopefully the manager finds a clear playstyle he favours, perhaps involving players not yet added.

No need for me to assume Ayr fans are delighted at their start, but you lot are very emotional, and I remember the rough start in the League Cup was met with caution. Have thoughts on Bullen settled yet? I like him but haven't yet figured out if he's that good or not.

34 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Have thoughts on Bullen settled yet? I like him but haven't yet figured out if he's that good or not.

He was rough last season, played players and a formation that saw us tank even further than the Duffy days. Eventually dropped players that should have been dropped months before, decided to play Adeloye and O'Conner from the start and we picked up towards the end and ultimately kept us up but it was his stubbornness or inability that took it to the last day in the first place. He turned a team of disorganised, limited players in to a team of disorganised, limited shitebags.  

He reverted to the same shite as last season in the league cup and we had a howling group stage. 

Since then we haven't lost any of our first 4 games, a draw against a rotten Arbroath team that I don't think had a shot at goal, A win against Queens park that no one could quite believe. At half time folk were speculating who would replace him. A draw against Hamilton that could have been 4-2 either way and a win against a rotten Cove team. 

We have looked a lot more organised and competitive this year, we have gone goals down and not immediately conceded another, we have turned defeats in to draws and wins rather than just heavier defeats. Things have gone well for him so far in the league and the test will come when we lose a game or two, if he will be able to change things or if he'll revert to the same mistakes as last season. 

11 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He was rough last season, played players and a formation that saw us tank even further than the Duffy days. Eventually dropped players that should have been dropped months before, decided to play Adeloye and O'Conner from the start and we picked up towards the end and ultimately kept us up but it was his stubbornness or inability that took it to the last day in the first place. He turned a team of disorganised, limited players in to a team of disorganised, limited shitebags.  

He reverted to the same shite as last season in the league cup and we had a howling group stage. 

Since then we haven't lost any of our first 4 games, a draw against a rotten Arbroath team that I don't think had a shot at goal, A win against Queens park that no one could quite believe. At half time folk were speculating who would replace him. A draw against Hamilton that could have been 4-2 either way and a win against a rotten Cove team. 

We have looked a lot more organised and competitive this year, we have gone goals down and not immediately conceded another, we have turned defeats in to draws and wins rather than just heavier defeats. Things have gone well for him so far in the league and the test will come when we lose a game or two, if he will be able to change things or if he'll revert to the same mistakes as last season. 

Wow ! The fifth column  has spoken ..... What a s shocking take on being top of the league , unbeaten and having the leagues current top goal scorer .

33 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Wow ! The fifth column  has spoken ..... What a s shocking take on being top of the league , unbeaten and having the leagues current top goal scorer .

I'm all for letting the good times roll, but the squad is wafer thin and the manager is - at best - unproven. I'm happy to keep dreaming though, until reality smacks us around the lugs.

I don’t think it’s overly shocking tbh. Maybe doesn’t give us credit for how we literally took apart Arbroath but couldn’t put the ball in the net and how utterly dominant we were against Cove. However we’ve still got a lot to prove and we’ve got a piss thin squad at the minute. I’d be worried if we lost one of Dempsey or Murdoch although I think we’ll just have to utilise Hewitt and Smith in that instance. We’ve only got two actual wide players and in todays AP it says that both are carrying slight niggles but hopefully both are fine. If we lost Dipo though then we will struggle massively. For us to continue our good form then we need another striker. Another wide midfielder as well who is slightly different to what we’ve got would also be nice. Don’t think we need an actual number 10 as we’ve got nowhere to put him.

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

We are the best team in the SPFL championship and will win the league because we are the best.  All our players are the best. 

1 hour ago, Dauntless said:

Thanks.

Duffy won two in a row and folk thought we had turned a corner, we had, then immediately turned another and went backwards.

We have done well in the league this year and won points off the teams put in front of us. Bullen did nothing last season to suggest he was learning from mistakes and I made the point that the next test is when we do lose a run of games and what he has up his sleeve to fix it. I think most folk would call it cautious optimism but clearly because I am not convinced we will have the league won by Halloween it is “the fifth column” speaking. Whatever the f**k that means in relation to this.