Ayr United v Dundee Fri 26 Aug @ 7.45pm (Live on the box)

This’ll be a good test for us and an indication of how good we actually are. Dundee have got good players and an experienced manager so will our toughest game yet. I think I’d bring McAllister back in for this one as he’s a bit more solid defensively against a team that will probably have us pushed back a bit more. Kirk or McGinty is an interesting one. Kirk strolled it yesterday but wasn’t up against anything particular difficulty. McGinty has been great so far this season though so it makes it tricky to decide who plays. Besides that I’d be leaving it as is. McKenzie is due a hat trick with the amount of chances he’s been getting and hopefully Dipo can continue his own scoring form.

Be interesting to see if Bowyer makes any changes for this.  Ashcroft must be closer to a start but how you accommodate him is maybe a bit of a dilemma. Likewise, McGhee when he is ready. Still feel we lack a bit of creativity in the final third.

Will be a good test though. Aye fans, how have you been setting up? Really good start to the season!

Edited by Liam899

2 minutes ago, Liam899 said:

Be interesting to see if Bowyer makes any changes for this.  Ashcroft must be closer to a start but how you accommodate him is maybe a bit of a dilemma. Likewise, McGhee when he is ready. Still feel we lack a bit of creativity in the final third.

Will be a good test though. Aye fans, how have you been setting up? Really good start to the season!

4-4-2 with lots of energy and pressure and at least five missed sitters per half. 

48 minutes ago, The Derry said:

Any Ayr fan looking for a fight before/after the match please DM me.  Age, sex, race, sexual preference or disability doesn't matter, I will happily slap any of you.

Thank you.

He said this last week as well.

This is how his Dundee pals found him Asustad What GIF by Poo~Pourri

This should surely be an interesting game. It's always too early in August to get a real read on any team in the division, but Ayr have started well in their first 4 games, though I'd say (imo) that aside from Queen's Park their opponents have been among the weakest in the league.

We've started ok but are still a bit shaky, and I have a feeling that Bowyer is just starting to learn to come to grips with the stuffiness of away games in the Scottish Championship. I would really like for us to find a big penalty-box hogging no. 9 for Friday, the kind of find which seems to be a skill at Ayr with Akinyemi getting off to a flier.

I feel we should hopefully be able to move more freely at Somerset than at sticky Cappielow. I reckon both teams will find the net, but I expect our attacking presence to improve and a bit more bite to our final ball.

I'll take a swing and say Ayr 1-2 Dundee.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

Any Ayr fan looking for a fight before/after the match please DM me.  Age, sex, race, sexual preference or disability doesn't matter, I will happily slap any of you.

Thank you.

Hopefully you send some lower mandibles skimming into the north Atlantic...