Bairns v Queens at the Bairnabeu, 27 Aug

Terrific afternoon, first game I have truly enjoyed in a long, long time but still room for improvement as we allowed QoS back into it. 3 genuinely fantastic, out your seat goals.

Shout out to Finn Yeats, amazing game awareness for one so young. Seeing him pop up to cover McCann's side when McCann went for a wander was a particular highlight.

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Ran out of hot food during half time. Thought they were used to massive crowds? 

111D8F4C-2E25-4106-BB63-BD8C8094AFF9.jpeg

Was it the Edinburgh Queens supporters branch or the Dumfries locals that ate all the pies ?

Pleasing result, still work to do but our work rate was key today

Another dreadful performance from us - gutless and insipid all over the pitch. I haven’t seen enough of Dave McKay to form a view of his potential but if he is genuinely a poorer option than namesake Paul and Morrison………….then we really do have problems.

In East, Wilson (when fit), Todd, Paton and Connelly you have a core base to work from- the rest are miles off the standard required. Half hearted, lacking the desire necessary to “go the extra mile” to make things happen. Gibson has to start picking himself immediately as we cannot afford to do without his services on the pitch when things are repeatedly going so badly wrong.

Muir, McMahon and son, Lewis should all be challenging for game time because they have to be a better option than several of their colleagues. The way that we start games is frankly appalling- second to every ball, soft centred at the back and a GK who simply doesn’t inspire any confidence.

Sorry but the dye is well and truly cast - drastic action required or we face a basement battle. Things will go wrong in games even when the tactics and performance levels are good but things are so wrong here that we are not even giving ourselves a chance of “good things happening”.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

One thing I forgot to mention in the spirit of fairness.... Unless anyone can tell me it was clearly not a penalty (I thought it looked one), the referee was worlds apart from the usual utter doughnuts we usually get. A big improvement.

Yeah I agree, the refs in this league are usually absolute gash but I thought the boy today was decent and got all the big calls correct.

34 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

I think this might be the worst Queens defence I’ve seen in my lifetime. Shocking performances this afternoon. McKenna did fine, the rest were pish. McKay and Morrison being out is unfortunate for them personally, but probably good for the team. Gibson going to have to think about playing himself at right back. Special mention to Cochrane for spending 45 minutes chasing shadows and not putting in a tackle the full second half. 

Was it Paton that missed that chance at 2-1? Needs to improve his finishing. Connelly needs to start from next week. 

Fair play to Falkirk though. We had our tails up and deserved our goal, but they totally dominated the last twenty minutes and looked really composed. Really professional performance. 

Does Cochrane do anything except what you mention above ? Just when you think after that first half display it can’t get any worse you then see Cochrane ready to come on 🤦🏼‍♂️😳

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Christ, this is embarrassing.

I can't believe we're losing to a perennial 3rd tier outfit.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Christ, this is embarrassing.
I can't believe we're losing to a perennial 3rd tier outfit.

Just a wee bit vinegar on that mate. Plenty salt already.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I remember when you lot  were good enough to be called journeymen.

33 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

g.jpg

I think your talent's wasted MT ... looks like they just don't get the concept of irony up in Falkirk.

Didn't realise Col Donaldson played for the Bairns now ... always been excellent when I'd seen him with Livi. Would have him in our back line in a heartbeat.

Not surprised we got turned over today, wee McGlynn for all his much publicised judgement issues really knows how to put a decent team together at this level.

5 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I think your talent's wasted MT ... looks like they just don't get the concept of irony up in Falkirk.

I already acknowledged I went in 2 footed in a state of unbridled excitement. Its been a long time since we bodied someone the way we did you today  

6 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Apart from DoonhaMMers!!!!!

Queens have nothing to do with West Ham United!!!!!!

Doonhamers it is....

Telt ye. The old dependables should always be trusted.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

One thing I forgot to mention in the spirit of fairness.... Unless anyone can tell me it was clearly not a penalty (I thought it looked one), the referee was worlds apart from the usual utter doughnuts we usually get. A big improvement.

Had to love the moment where the ref and standside assistant stood looking at each other deciding who to award the throw in too. 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah well. Keep it under 4 Queens or we could be looking at conceding 10 in our next two games.

I thought you said QoS were title contenders? I did warn you that this season is about staying up for you. 

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Yeah I agree, the refs in this league are usually absolute gash but I thought the boy today was decent and got all the big calls correct.

Barry Cook's a far better standard of referee than usually seen at this level though, and he absolutely DID get all of the big calls right. It's a clear penalty, it's a clear red card. I did think he made some bizarre inconsistent decisions though if I'm being nit picky. He quite rightly played on when Stuart Morrison injured himself trying to challenge his namesake Calumn Morrison, allowing Callumn to go on and score but later in the same half when we have a promising position, he stopped play for treatment to McCann following what was neither a foul nor a head injury. He also quite rightly booked East and McKechnie for cynical fouls in the first half, but didn't do the same with a Falkirk player who chopped down Reilly just before half time (might also have been McCann). And much as it was atrocious defending from us, the 2nd goal comes after he bizarrely prevented us taking a quick throw 20 yards BACK from where the ball went out which is something that's been routinely allowed for all of the 40 years or so I've been watching football. He made us bring it back up to halfway and take it again, at which point we promptly threw it straight to Falkirk, East and McKay collided with each other like Willie Miller and Alan Hansen at the 1982 World Cup and Alegria was presented with a goal.

Not to detract from the fact that we were awful first half and the better team absolutely won. We did look like we might get back into it 2nd half and had a good 20 minutes but McGlynn's triple sub changed it back to Falkirk in charge.