Bairns v Queens at the Bairnabeu, 27 Aug

Better from Queens in second half. Well taken penalty from Paton. 
Connelly easily our best player. 
I'm absolutely gobsmacked to read our best player has been our best player. Time to drop the ego Wullie and get him started from now on. McKay getting sent off is good news. At least Wullie can't pick the wrong McKay next weekend.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
28 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic said:
Better from Queens in second half. Well taken penalty from Paton. 
Connelly easily our best player. 

I'm absolutely gobsmacked to read our best player has been our best player. Time to drop the ego Wullie and get him started from now on. McKay getting sent off is good news. At least Wullie can't pick the wrong McKay next weekend.

McKay poor today. Even in a defence where it's tough to pick out the worst.

He's been poor all season IMO. Big fan of him last season but as I've said already this season, Gibson definitely dropped the wrong McKay.

You know the game was up when they brought Ruth on. 
Should have been more again today. Big shout out to McGlynn for changing the midfield and CH at 2-1. Got our total dominance back after that. Lawal is going to be huge in this league. What a baller. 
Fair play to McCann. I wrote him off I was wrong. 
Queens will cause team problems if they play Paton through the middle. Utterly bizarre moving him out wide again for that utter jobber Ruth. 

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
27 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic said:

He's been poor all season IMO. Big fan of him last season but as I've said already this season, Gibson definitely dropped the wrong McKay.

Yeah would agree. Looks like a different player this year. The curse of a Queens contract extension.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You don't read tone well sometimes Bairnardo, do you?

I was over stimulated at the time. I'm sure you can give me that..

Anyway, there was a huge amount to like about today for us. Some top notch performances and the quality of the goals was really superb. Both in set up and finishing. 

I think what was really, really heartening to see today though, was that as we faded out of the match a bit after Queens got their goal, McGlynn changed it. Good that he identified the need, but great that there are guys on the bench who can influence a game to turn it back towards us. Alegria fell out of it a bit, and Burrell came on and presented a whole different problem. What was noticable even though he isn't the biggest, was the struggle they had defending him. Their defenders felt the need to have their hands all over him every time. They were terrified of him. 

Fantastic to see Lawal burying that header too, but also making the run for it, being the furthest man forward. 

The only ropey performance for me was Mackie in the secind half. He just seemed to stop concentrating. Which led to the return of Liam Henderson so clearly that's a big plus too. 

Felt McGuffie was a touch anonymous tbh, but that leads me into something I didn't think I would be saying and happy to be shouted down here, but I think Nesbitt has upped his levels in the last 2/3 weeks. Nowhere near the extent that Morrison has, but I do think I need to mention  it after the numerous pannings iv gave him. 

What about the way Coll Donaldson was swanning about at the back today aswell btw 😂

Aye a think he is ok but thats it for me. Mckenna surely wasnt RB was he? If so then f**k sake.

I think this might be the worst Queens defence I’ve seen in my lifetime. Shocking performances this afternoon. McKenna did fine, the rest were pish. McKay and Morrison being out is unfortunate for them personally, but probably good for the team. Gibson going to have to think about playing himself at right back. Special mention to Cochrane for spending 45 minutes chasing shadows and not putting in a tackle the full second half. 

Was it Paton that missed that chance at 2-1? Needs to improve his finishing. Connelly needs to start from next week. 

Fair play to Falkirk though. We had our tails up and deserved our goal, but they totally dominated the last twenty minutes and looked really composed. Really professional performance. 

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

I think this might be the worst Queens defence I’ve seen in my lifetime. Shocking performances this afternoon. McKenna did fine, the rest were pish. McKay and Morrison being out is unfortunate for them personally, but probably good for the team. Gibson going to have to think about playing himself at right back. Special mention to Cochrane for spending 45 minutes chasing shadows and not putting in a tackle the full second half. 

Was it Paton that missed that chance at 2-1? Needs to improve his finishing. Connelly needs to start from next week. 

Fair play to Falkirk though. We had our tails up and deserved our goal, but they totally dominated the last twenty minutes and looked really composed. Really professional performance. 

I thought Cochrane was good when he came on at half time. Was finding himself in space and moving the ball quicker 

Well deserved in the end. We had to hang on at the start of the second half, but did well to do so. Big Coll Donaldson was my MOTM. He is a  great leader and has bags of composure under pressure. 

Fair fucks to Alegria - I still don’t think he is the answer in the long run for us but he gives absolutely everything and deserved his goal, which was a beauty. He milked the celebration big time too which was good to see. 

Defensively aside I thought QOTS showed flashes of being quite good to be honest. They won’t be far away if they can tighten up.