Bairns v Queens at the Bairnabeu, 27 Aug

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

OK, so Fridays are ideal days for everyone getting in our pre-match excuses.  We've started with Iain Wilson's injury and likely absence to weaken our (less than) awesome midfield ... now over to you Bairns, what's yours ...?

As mentioned Hetherington fit. I'd also add Nesbitt and McGuffie. If the three start it might be a long afternoon. Williamson being injured is par for the course, or he'd be another despite scoring a great goal against Peterhead it's probably been his most notable contribution in since he joined us. Alegria 🙄

On 25/08/2022 at 16:55, Otis Blue said:

Each to his own I guess, but if you like the natural world and scenery at its raw finest then Arran ticks the box.  I've climbed the "big hill" (Goatfell) half a dozen times but its boring as you say.  The real gems are the jaggy mountains (three Corbetts) behind in Glen Rosa and Glen Sannox and the sharp ridges and scrambles that link them which are mostly tourist free.  I'm not a whiskey fan so will take your word re the faux age (I don't think they claim to be old) of their north distillery  at Lochranza but they now also have a new distillery in the south at Lagg.  Cycling the 56 mile "tour" of the island around the edge is about as fine a day on the bike as you can get anywhere.  I am admittedly very biased though! 🙂

f**k off to Trip Advisor Judith Chalmers this is a football forum 😉

Edited by Back Post Misses

This will give Queens a feel for how they will fair this season. 
No Dobbie or Diving Dykes any more lads. You have joined us in jobber central with the likes of Ruth, Todd and McKenna stinking you squad. 
probably still have enough to get a point I would guess

I honestly don't know how many goals Burrell will score today. I think going by what he said last week, he's looking at a goal every ten minutes, so hopefully he gets the time to bag his hat trick like he said.

Alternatively, if he starts you're probably looking at 6 or 7 before being taken off for his standing ovation.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I honestly don't know how many goals Burrell will score today. I think going by what he said last week, he's looking at a goal every ten minutes, so hopefully he gets the time to bag his hat trick like he said.

Alternatively, if he starts you're probably looking at 6 or 7 before being taken off for his standing ovation.

Hmmm, full of confidence this one is ...

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

This will give Queens a feel for how they will fair this season. 
No Dobbie or Diving Dykes any more lads. You have joined us in jobber central with the likes of Ruth, Todd and McKenna stinking you squad. 
probably still have enough to get a point I would guess

I know a wee Dutch guy that stuck his finger in a dyke once. Didn't get him anywhere. 

The game where Dobbie scored his hatrick at TFS where he rightfully got a massive standing ovation from us Falkirk fans. My everlasting memorries from that game was twofold

The first was his second goal where he breezed past Harrison from the halfway line to score considering there must have been about 15 years of a difference between the two, I think Harrison is still running back [emoji23]

The second was,how the hell Dobbie only scored a hatrick that day…he should have a double hatrick at least (six)[emoji23] Our keeper had a worldie that day even though he still lost 3 goals.

I genuinely with him all the best, a fantastic talent and a miss for all football fans!!!

Ruth is going to score today isn't he?   
He's barely featured tbh. Injury has kept him out but even since being back he hasn't had much game time. Providing our forward line doesn't get any injuries I'll be surprised if Ruth gets much time today if any.

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Anyone know if there will be any Live Updates of the game on the Falkirk or Queens Club Official sites? 

Not sure if it's any use to you but I usually go to BBC Scotland football, click the game and there's live text updates posted up on there. 

Unchanged line up for us, which is a shame really. Hate seeing Williamsons chance to get a head of steam up falling by the wayside, and also that it forces Yeats to RB.

Happy Leon McCann isn't dropped.

I think another decent cameo from Lawal or Burrell this week will see them in the 11.... We shall see.