Bairns v Queens at the Bairnabeu, 27 Aug

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looking at the Queens team that started at the weekend we shouldn't really have much to fear. 

2-0 Falkirk, Alegria & Burrell the scorers.

Very much doubt that the same team that started on Saturday will start this game. 

Mildly confident about this one……….based on precious little. A shift up from last week with Burrell finding his groove, and who knows?
No surprise that the defence had its shaky moments last week, but hopefully a good performance last week is followed by another good ‘un on Saturday.

We do tend to be the masters of the big let down when something good starts to glimmer on the horizon, but in Yeats, Burrell, and maybe even Lawal we just might have a wee group of game changers.

Maybe Alegria’s last chance as an automatic starter in search of his first goal.

I actually reckon this could be a high scoring game, and in the spirit of gross exaggeration, I am going for a 4-2 Bairns win (as a wee homage to the 69 game). That just might be the result to genuinely light the navy blue touch paper.

We shall see.

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I actually reckon this could be a high scoring game, and in the spirit of gross exaggeration, I am going for a 4-2 Bairns win (as a wee homage to the 69 game).

Was that the 7-5 game?  A couple of years before I started going to games, but something makes me think we might have lost our keeper (Alan Ball) to injury and maybe there were no keeper subs back then ... or maybe my memory is total bollocks as usual.

Was that the 7-5 game?  A couple of years before I started going to games, but something makes me think we might have lost our keeper (Alan Ball) to injury and maybe there were no keeper subs back then ... or maybe my memory is total bollocks as usual.
One of the best games I ever saw

1 hour ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

One of the best games I ever saw

That scoreline is just soooo QOS ... imagine scoring 5 times away from home and not even getting a point!

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

When do we get to the traditional crowdwank part of this thread?

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Patience we’ve still to get the Tory fermers abuse out of the way first.

... and the Borderers abuse too ... don't forget the Borderers abuse (some of us get really tetchy about being called a Borderer).

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Always an interesting game against the journeymen XI.

Oh, aye, cheers - I forgot about being Journeymen. So that'll be: Tories, Borderers and Journeymen ... that should get us really wound up. If we're gonna do this abuse thing then we need to get it right. Thanks. 👍

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I was there, but have no memory of keeper changes. I was 14, and all I remember was us being 0-3 down after quarter of an hour, but 3-3 at half time. We then battered Queens to go 7-3 up before Queens came back into it and scored two late goals. I remember thinking at the time that another 5 minutes, and it would have been 7-7. To this day it remains my favourite match ever……..although the semi-final in 97 is up there too.