Bairns v Queens at the Bairnabeu, 27 Aug

Could be a decent game this with both sides starting to pick up a wee bit of form after dodgy starts.  Queens could be missing the midfield energy of Iain Wilson for this which is a bit of a scunner.  Gonna miss this as I'll be overseas (Arran) which is a pain as I normally go to the Bairnabeu games.

Along with the Pars v Airdrie game we have the four pre-season "more fancied" sides going head to head on Saturday and this may start to give an indication for the season ahead.

Reminds me of the Queens Park game last season early on. After a what I would now describe as an acceptable start, we approach a home game with probably a decent crowd, against a team who’ll be there or there abouts come the season end. Last time, the wheels completely fell off. Who knows this time. 

Could be a decent game this with both sides starting to pick up a wee bit of form after dodgy starts.  Queens could be missing the midfield energy of Iain Wilson for this which is a bit of a scunner.  Gonna miss this as I'll be overseas (Arran) which is a pain as I normally go to the Bairnabeu games.
Along with the Pars v Airdrie game we have the four pre-season "more fancied" sides going head to head on Saturday and this may start to give an indication for the season ahead.

Overseas = Arran [emoji23]

Missed yesterday. Hopefully will make it along to the next two at least and be talking about 4 wins on the belt for the first time who knows how long.

I think the Airdrie game focused McGlynns mind somewhat. I am looking forward to this one.

41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Overseas = Arran emoji23.png

I go to Arran a lot ... I just tell folk I'm going "overseas" ... they usually just nod and think ... oh aye, Majorca or Tenerife or somewhere ... I don't usually enlighten them further; my wee joke ... I'm quite sad that way. 🙂

This is going to be a big big game. Was pleased with our performance yesterday even when missing so many players through injury. Not getting too excited after 2 wins on the trot. Will judge where we are come January and we're a long way off that. 

Hopefully we see; 

Hogarth 

Williamson

Donaldson

Mackie

McCann

Yeats

McGinn

Lawal

Oliver

Morrison

Burrell

2-0 Falkirk hopefully!

I thought before the season started QoS might be the side to watch, Gibson by all accounts had them playing decent stuff last season even though they went down. They like us seem to be picking up of late, be an interesting fixture. Hopefully we will have a few players back for this. Hard one to call wouldn't be surprised if it was a 2-2. 

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Gibson by all accounts had them playing decent stuff last season even though they went down ...

Aye, it could be argued that we were unlucky last season and not far away from poor Pars and Ayr sides - especially losing Aidan Fitzpatrick to injury on the run in just when he was finding form under Gibson post AJ's departure. However, truth be told relegation was overdue as we'd been stinking out the bottom places in recent season's and just escaping the drop and no more. So we're down here on merit.

Hoping for a win here to build momentum, but I'd happily take a point.

27 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Appears we don't win much in Falkirk but when we do it's a doing.

3 wins since 2005; 0-3, 1-4 and 0-3. The two most recent featuring Dobbie hat tricks.

To be fair ... I was at a 1-2 away win for Queens at Brockville in the 70s ... got a brick through the bus window for our troubles that day ...🙄

Someone ITK told me that we're planning to rest Dobbie for Saturday's game mind ... 

Haven't managed to make it along to any of the league games so far for various reasons, so looking forward to how the team shapes up on Saturday and get a proper look at some of the new signings. Vital to take the 3 points to get a proper bit of momentum and confidence building. Hopefully get a decent crowd for it 

The £2k a week we spent on Dobbie was worth it for Peter Houston’s meltdown alone. 

My recollection was that he caused a Tory land meltdown with the journeymen comment rather than have a meltdown.
A little ironic that we have been operating with journeymen ever since but he did have a point….

My first game since December 2019, we drew with Airdrie that day.

I’m not sure the last time I actually saw us win a game

Therefore, a win would be nice, thanks.