Queen's Park vs Cove

2 hours ago, CathcartSkins said:

3-4-3: 

Davidson- Eze- Robson

Savoury - Boateng - Thomson - Thomas

Kenny-Murray-Williamson     

It's a bold strategy Cotton! Cove aren't that bad, they'll still have some threat up front. Eze hasn't done anything spectacular, or even above-average, yet and Davidson has looked much better going forward than a defender every game so far. Maybe last 20 mins but that would be unsustainable for 70-90 mins, imho.

My opinion for this game is it hinges entirely on our finishing. Good chances will be found, no question about that. There's some anxiety in the attack, including the midfielders, so a bit more accuracy and composure is the next step up. Still a young team with more game time needed.

10 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Eze hasn't done anything spectacular, or even above-average, yet

I think this is a bit harsh! For me he was one of the best players on the park up in Arbroath.

Obviously I still agree that 3 at the back would be a brave decision though. It's a very exciting, but equally terrifying idea.

10 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I think this is a bit harsh! For me he was one of the best players on the park up in Arbroath.

Obviously I still agree that 3 at the back would be a brave decision though. It's a very exciting, but equally terrifying idea.

Agreed - I think we need some consistency in the defence  - with Fox & Kilday missing games, we've not had that.

Same again please.

I don't see us taking anything from this game. First time in 3 years I've said that.

Evan Towler and Blair Yule are both confirmed out. Both guaranteed starters for us when fit. Mitch, Scott Ross and Mark Reynolds will be given late fitness tests.

Worse case scenario:

Our starting XI could look like below, maybe even worse if Scott Ross doesn't start. We don't have another recognised CB.

Bench could be;

Stuart McKenzie, Rhys Thomas, Luis Longstaff, Leighton McIntosh

Screenshot_20220826-115231.jpg

51 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I don't see us taking anything from this game. First time in 3 years I've said that.

Evan Towler and Blair Yule are both confirmed out. Both guaranteed starters for us when fit. Mitch, Scott Ross and Mark Reynolds will be given late fitness tests.

Worse case scenario:

Our starting XI could look like below, maybe even worse if Scott Ross doesn't start. We don't have another recognised CB.

Bench could be;

Stuart McKenzie, Rhys Thomas, Luis Longstaff, Leighton McIntosh

Screenshot_20220826-115231.jpg

If Gerry starts the difference in work rate and covered miles between him and Simon Murray will be stark. That doesn't equate to goals I know and they are clearly different style of players. 

We'll need to be super tight at the back as I don't see us scoring many

Scully isn't a left winger and Leitch is a makeshift right winger; done fairly well recently it must be said. Dunne is more a left winger than left back. So, a few square pegs in round holes. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Maybe last 20 mins but that would be unsustainable for 70-90 mins, imho.

Agreed; however, as a starting line-up it would be exciting to witness. Score a couple early then revert to 4-4-2. 

The fact we can speculate wildly, for me is evidence that we have an exciting squad with many possibilities of how we line up. Compared with the predictabilty for prolonged periods last season. 

1 hour ago, CathcartSkins said:

The fact we can speculate wildly, for me is evidence that we have an exciting squad with many possibilities of how we line up. Compared with the predictabilty for prolonged periods last season. 

That's a really good point. Certainly a very different feeling heading to the ground these days. 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I hope Fyvie gets closed down and kicked around a little. Too often he's left on the ball to dictate play. I want our midfield giving him a nightmare on Saturday. 

There’s something incredibly unlikeable about Fyvie whenever I see him against us 

1 hour ago, QPSpider1867 said:

I hope Fyvie gets closed down and kicked around a little. Too often he's left on the ball to dictate play. I want our midfield giving him a nightmare on Saturday. 

Fyvie was outstanding last year for large spells. When he's really up for it he can dictate play and win us games. So far this year he's not had Blair next to him, Vigurs is slower than ever and generally we're missing some talent to help him. Probably asking him to do too much.

Currently as we are right now, stop Fyvie and we won't create much

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 26/08/2022 at 09:00, CathcartSkins said:

3-4-3: 

Davidson- Eze- Robson

Savoury - Boateng - Thomson - Thomas

Kenny-Murray-Williamson     

That's mental. We're not playing Berwick 

Definitely more of a struggle than I thought it would be. Again, we go ahead and look very uncomfortable trying to defend a lead.

We'll play better and lose. Three points though; can't complain. Murray is becoming a beautiful big ginger legend.