Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

I thought there was a foul at the time but the video looks to have shown the ref to have fucked it.

Overall I felt it was a good contest and a fairly even game, obviously a few teams to see so far particularly Falkirk but that looked like the best 2 sides in the division playing today. 

Love us to be more clinical but there’s a reason it’s only when you have strikers playing well below their level that they score the 30 goals that the chances available in this league deserve, the majority aren’t good enough finishers and play at this level for that reason.

If there's a foul there it's VERY soft. Possibly a push from 14 on the keeper but very soft and fortunate to get away with it. Extremely happy to take a draw with a few of our players having off days. 

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ref’s admitted his mistake. Should be getting docked pay/suspended for a few games. Absolutely can’t be disallowing goals because he’s guessed there’s a foul in there. Admitting a mistake after the game doesn’t make it ok. He cost us 2 points. Officials need to be held accountable for their actions/decisions.

ED62A954-F89F-4CEB-9929-A8CDCCD272BF.jpeg

Nah, can't agree with the docking pay or getting suspended nonsense. He got it wrong and he'll be graded accordingly, so won't be rising above League 1 level (and pay) any time soon.

Was it the refs fault we missed chances before then? Was it the refs fault we conceded a goal? Do our players get suspended and/or have pay docked for missing chances or letting in a goal? Or failing to pick up a man when it leads to a goal? For mis-hitting a pass? For being skinned? Etc.

I get the frustration and the ref definitely made a mistake, but we can't be blaming a ref for failing to win a game when we had chances to do so.

I like MacKay’s approach, the ref has made a mistake but there is plenty of players who made mistakes in the the game,  ultimately they are all at this level because of that. 

We can’t control the refs performance, we can only go back to the training ground and work on our own issues.

Edited by parsforlife

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, can't agree with the docking pay or getting suspended nonsense. He got it wrong and he'll be graded accordingly, so won't be rising above League 1 level (and pay) any time soon.

Was it the refs fault we missed chances before then? Was it the refs fault we conceded a goal? Do our players get suspended and/or have pay docked for missing chances or letting in a goal? Or failing to pick up a man when it leads to a goal? For mis-hitting a pass? For being skinned? Etc.

I get the frustration and the ref definitely made a mistake, but we can't be blaming a ref for failing to win a game when we had chances to do so.

If you don’t see a foul and the ball goes into the net, a referee shouldn’t be making any decision other than giving a goal.

On the basis it was the 93rd minute and the score was 1-1 at the time, it’s 100% accurate that he cost us 2 points (in my opinion). I wouldn’t usually describe a referee as costing us points. But I’m struggling to see how you can argue that decision didn’t cost us 2 points?

*edited to remove nonsense/stupid comments. Yeah 

Edited by CallumPar

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They have to be held accountable though. I’m not saying every mistake should result in a fine or whatever. But he’s disallowed a late winner because he’s seen the keeper miss the ball and guessed there’s a foul. A referee absolutely can’t be disallowing goals if they haven’t seen a foul. The game has no integrity at all, if officials can just guess these things. MacKay’s interview says that the referee’s explanation were that he had to make a decision and he got it wrong. If you don’t see a foul and the ball goes into the net, a referee shouldn’t be making any decision other than giving a goal.

On the basis it was the 93rd minute and the score was 1-1 at the time, it’s 100% accurate that he cost us 2 points. I wouldn’t usually describe a referee as costing us points. But I’m struggling to see how you can argue that decision didn’t cost us 2 points?

The 'guess' stuff is silly and is a cliche. I'll be generous and say that it comes from frustration. I imagine from where he was he thought he saw a foul and was shown a replay after the game where he saw he was wrong. He'll be held accountable by not progressing past his current level if he continues to make mistakes, and possibly even be demoted a level, with the resultant pay.

You've not addressed any of the questions I asked. Can you tell me please how the referee made our team miss their chances? Can you tell me how the ref cost us the equaliser?

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They have to be held accountable though. I’m not saying every mistake should result in a fine or whatever. But he’s disallowed a late winner because he’s seen the keeper miss the ball and guessed there’s a foul. A referee absolutely can’t be disallowing goals if they haven’t seen a foul. The game has no integrity at all, if officials can just guess these things. MacKay’s interview says that the referee’s explanation were that he had to make a decision and he got it wrong. If you don’t see a foul and the ball goes into the net, a referee shouldn’t be making any decision other than giving a goal.

On the basis it was the 93rd minute and the score was 1-1 at the time, it’s 100% accurate that he cost us 2 points. I wouldn’t usually describe a referee as costing us points. But I’m struggling to see how you can argue that decision didn’t cost us 2 points?

He's just not checked with his linesman who can clearly see it's a perfectly good goal.

There was a great atmosphere and he's clearly rushed the decision or whatever. Like you say it's stupid him saying it's the wrong decision unless his report he puts down 2-1 as the final score 😅

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Dunfermline with the better of the play to start with but Airdrie coming the closest to scoring, game died a death in the last 15 minutes. 

Whoever it was that was subbed for Airdrie had a right temper tantrum. 

Lewis Jamieson, an absolute toys out the pram moment and if the tunnel had been next to the dugouts like most grounds he'd have been right up it. As it was he was ready for heading down the pitchside to the changing rooms but was told to get his arse in the dugout by Prunty and Hutton, which was his cue for kicking and hitting anything nearby.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Never a foul

Clear foul from the Pars No.14 on an Airdrie defender.

Enjoyable game. Pars are the best team we've played so far and we totally got out of jail with the disallowed goal. Ref was poor today, even by League 1 standards! Special mentions for the bridies (delicious) and much credit to your groundsman, that pitch was mint today.

33 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Ref’s admitted his mistake. Should be getting docked pay/suspended for a few games. Absolutely can’t be disallowing goals because he’s guessed there’s a foul in there. Admitting a mistake after the game doesn’t make it ok. He cost us 2 points. Officials need to be held accountable for their actions/decisions.

ED62A954-F89F-4CEB-9929-A8CDCCD272BF.jpeg

The vast majority of decisions by referees are 'guesses' to some extent, it's rare at any level that a referee would be 100% confident of a decision, they always have to use their best guess. Also, a decision to not give something is as much of a decision as deciding to give something. You can't just say he should ignore something he's not sure about otherwise they'd only be making a handful of decisions a game and letting numerous fouls go because he wasn't certain, refeering doesn't work that way.

The idea of dropping them every time they make a big mistake is stupid too, who are you replacing them with? The ref that was already deemed not to be as good as this guy? Whether we like it or not these guys are the best available for League 1, if you want to punt them to replace them with League 2/Lowland league referees then fine, I'd suggest that's pretty stupid though. Blaming referees is a loser's mindset, you gain nothing from it. We got lucky with it today but there will be other games where Dunfermline will get lucky, that is part of football and always will be.

29 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

You've not addressed any of the questions I asked. Can you tell me please how the referee made our team miss their chances? Can you tell me how the ref cost us the equaliser?

He didn’t. I didn’t say he did, which is why I ignored the pointless questions. If that incident had happened after 80 mins or something, I wouldn’t be saying he cost us 2 points. But we scored a legitimate goal with almost the last kick of the ball, that would have won us the game. I don’t see how that isn’t costing us 2 points.

Yes, there were other opportunities to win the game before then. We could, and should, have been more clinical (like every other week!). I’m not trying to say otherwise. But we also did score a legitimate winning goal - although, that was largely down to a goalkeeping howler. 

He could at least have lied and said it was disallowed for a foul throw - every Edwards long throw, he has both feet on the pitch. He was abysmal and that was far from his only bad decision. Both teams, at several points, had reasons to feel aggrieved. At no point did he seem to have any control of the game, or any authority over the players. It was really quite a spectacularly incompetent all round performance.

In hindsight, it was stupid to talk about fines/suspension/docked pay. I was frustrated and should have taken time to think about it properly before posting. Everyone who called me out on that is spot on. It was nonsense. In reality, it was probably just as likely he’d mess up a big decision that cost Airdrie a goal at some point. Just so happened it was a costly error at such a late/crucial stage of the game.

I enjoyed that game today and the posts above have been equally thrilling as I ponder what to say.

Thought the wide areas of Dunfermline gave us real bother and that's as well as I've seen Edwards play. The best looking football chances came from much of Airdrie's play but there was always danger from those long throws. As one poster said, some of them verged on foot over the line but thems the breaks. It's so far away that we had no idea who scored the first, nor expected that disallowed goal .

It's hard to see in the wee clip and taking McKays account in face value I wonder if a Ref really admits that. He's not the worst I've seen in the seaside leagues so  just wait and see some of the others.

Dunfermline certainly are the best side we've played and given some of our guys were a bit off the pace up front, I remain content with a fair draw.

On to beat whatever that Edinburgh team is called, for the first time!?

I thought we were excellent in the 2nd half and I was gutted when the goal went in. Felt it was a bit against the run of play, definitely made it up with that Frizzell goal. He's been outstanding for us.

Overall I feel a draw was a fair result, would 100% of bitten anyone's hand off for thst before the game. We got away with that disallowed goal. From my view behind the goal I couldn't really tell if it was a foul on the keeper or not.

Dunfermline were definitely the best team we have faced all season and will be in contention for the title.

1 minute ago, David Fernández said:

I thought we were excellent in the 2nd half and I was gutted when the goal went in. Felt it was a bit against the run of play, definitely made it up with that Frizzell goal. He's been outstanding for us.

Overall I feel a draw was a fair result, would 100% of bitten anyone's hand off for thst before the game. We got away with that disallowed goal. From my view behind the goal I couldn't really tell if it was a foul on the keeper or not.

Dunfermline were definitely the best team we have faced all season and will be in contention for the title.

Felt we could have finished the game early with the chances we created but Airdrie grew into it and were the more likely side until we scored.

Was impressed with how we responded to the equaliser and came very close to finding a winner late on.

Hopefully this was just the initial tussle of a long season.

Felt we could have finished the game early with the chances we created but Airdrie grew into it and were the more likely side until we scored.
Was impressed with how we responded to the equaliser and came very close to finding a winner late on.
Hopefully this was just the initial tussle of a long season.
Aye definitely, felt you's caused us a lot of problems down our left hand side and had a lot of joy down there and you were the better team in the first half. Arguably you should have won it with that disallowed goal. Gal should have buried that chance in the second half and we were unlucky with the shot that hit the bar. Like you said, haply to shake hands and take a point. The next clash between us at Broomfield will be good.