Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

24 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

He didn’t. I didn’t say he did, which is why I ignored the pointless questions. If that incident had happened after 80 mins or something, I wouldn’t be saying he cost us 2 points. But we scored a legitimate goal with almost the last kick of the ball, that would have won us the game. I don’t see how that isn’t costing us 2 points.

Yes, there were other opportunities to win the game before then. We could, and should, have been more clinical (like every other week!). I’m not trying to say otherwise. But we also did score a legitimate winning goal - although, that was largely down to a goalkeeping howler. 

He could at least have lied and said it was disallowed for a foul throw - every Edwards long throw, he has both feet on the pitch. He was abysmal and that was far from his only bad decision. Both teams, at several points, had reasons to feel aggrieved. At no point did he seem to have any control of the game, or any authority over the players. It was really quite a spectacularly incompetent all round performance.

In hindsight, it was stupid to talk about fines/suspension/docked pay. I was frustrated and should have taken time to think about it properly before posting. Everyone who called me out on that is spot on. It was nonsense. In reality, it was probably just as likely he’d mess up a big decision that cost Airdrie a goal at some point. Just so happened it was a costly error at such a late/crucial stage of the game.

My point about the ref not missing our chances is that a late mistake (almost certainly) wouldn't matter if we had been leading.

We all get frustrated at games. If I was there I would almost certainly have been raging at the ref too! All part of the pantomime.

Decent result I suppose 

Dunfermline really should’ve had the game tucked away within the first 25 minutes but chances count for nothing if they are not taken.

Thought we started the second half on the front foot and looked like the better team. The Dunfermline goal was against the run of play but we responded well and held out for a well earned point.

Dunfermline we’re very very direct and physical, something that we’ve not came up against in a while (Cove/QP). The long throws/long balls are effective when you play them right and the pars sure know how to play them. 

I’m looking forward to getting you lot at home as I think it will be an even better game! 

Good pie, good game, good night 

30 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Good pie, good game, good night 

A fucking what?!

22 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

https://twitter.com/emmaq1983/status/1563583564548952064?s=21&t=zwQ1a9mFClJWl58EhWlI_A

Sadly, doesn't surprise me tbh. Some of our fans are absolute c***s, especially the tedious p***k beside me today who just whinged incessantly for the full 90.

That's so shite to hear about. I despise that sort of pish and it has no place in football or society. Sadly there are indeed too many c***s around, including in our support.

That's so shite to hear about. I despise that sort of pish and it has no place in football or society. Sadly there are indeed too many c***s around, including in our support.

This was me and we all have them in our supports. Just need to call it out when it happens. Irony being I was the one that gave my male pal a lift up today [emoji1787]

Thought the draw was about the correct result today. Dunfermline fans moaning about the ref should have been a goal but watch the video. Foul throw right in from of linesman foots way over the line before the ball is released so should have went our way. He got away with it full game 

18 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

Thought the draw was about the correct result today. Dunfermline fans moaning about the ref should have been a goal but watch the video. Foul throw right in from of linesman foots way over the line before the ball is released so should have went our way. He got away with it full game 

If his foot touches the line, it's fine. 

1 hour ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Lewis Jamieson, an absolute toys out the pram moment and if the tunnel had been next to the dugouts like most grounds he'd have been right up it. As it was he was ready for heading down the pitchside to the changing rooms but was told to get his arse in the dugout by Prunty and Hutton, which was his cue for kicking and hitting anything nearby.

Clear foul from the Pars No.14 on an Airdrie defender.

I did wonder what had happened as the boy didn’t look injured. Looked at my watch and it was 15:44, surely you just wait until half time and save the boy some embarrassment. 

With regards to the game, I thought it was fairly even in the first half, thought Airdrie got in better positions but it was fairly even. Funnily enough I thought we were better in the second and had a lot of the ball/chances yet I’ve seen some that think the opposite. We were fortunate with the goal, complete misunderstanding between Fordyce and the keeper but that Edwards throw is a great asset. If you’re going to lose the clean sheet record then what a goal to do it with, great finish from Frizzel. Thought we chucked the kitchen sink at it, keepers made a worldly and some sloppy finishing on our part. I didn’t see the disallowed goal as we’d left (genuinely thought the ref was about to blow for FT, was in the car up Garvock Terrace before he did), looks soft, ref was poor all day but these things happen. Frustrating but that’ll happen in a seasons.

24 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

Haven't rewatched the video but it almost certainly was a foul throw.  Just about every single one is by the law.  I think i've only seen one or two called ever tho.  No ref gives the slightest f**k.

43 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

This was me and we all have them in our supports. Just need to call it out when it happens. Irony being I was the one that gave my male pal a lift up today emoji1787.png

Sorry that happened to you. Football is for everyone and f**k any arsehole who says or thinks otherwise.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Haven't rewatched the video but it almost certainly was a foul throw.  Just about every single one is by the law.  I think i've only seen one or two called ever tho.  No ref gives the slightest f**k.

Not many are as obvious as his. Good weapon tbf but his foot needs to be a yard back

17 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I agree. Should have waited. Didn’t like the way it was done.

I thought it was poor man management by McCabe, alright LJ wasnt getting much change out of Edwards, although is that his best position. ?? But to sub the lad at a Dunfermline corner a minute before half time was bizarre,   Rhys clearly has high standards,  which is great,    Ridiculing player's  like that too much and you could lose the dressing room....

Enjoyed visiting East End Park for the first time in many a year,  good venue with still a bit of the old park still prevalent,  am I right in saying that the away support used to frequent the enclosure behind the opposite goal and half of the enclosure now stand across from the old main stand..

I like MacKay’s approach, the ref has made a mistake but there is plenty of players who made mistakes in the the game

Yep. If you are good enough, then ultimately the referee shouldn’t really matter. Sounded like, once again, we couldn’t score from our chances.

Would be handy if we could just palm off Wighton, O’Hara, and Todorov for an actual goalscorer and midfielder, but if my uncle had tits and all that…