Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ah look, another idiot. 

Aye fair point his heel is still on the touchline tbf haha 😄  back foot is in the air and not touching ground so still a foul throw in 🤣🤣 good game all round i thought 

4 hours ago, airdrieman said:

didn’t spot any foul or infringement myself at the goal but as you say, it came from a foul throw (as did the goal that counted)

I don't think the throw for the disallowed goal was a foul throw ironically, but quite a few he was clearly on the pitch.

I think you've had your say now Emma and perhaps should just let the men get back to talking about it while you go prepare the Sunday dinner. [emoji12][emoji2957]

Unfortunately I think it'll be a while yet before casual misogyny, racism and homophobia are eradicated at all of our grounds but until then we all need to do our bit by calling it out when we hear it.

Tuesdays are when I stop gloating or bitching about the weekend’s match.

5 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

What part of shove on the keeper are you lot not gettin? 😂

I’ve not said one thing about that matter on this thread.  You’re just trying to cover up you making a right tit of yourself on the long throw bit.

Turning to the disallowed goal.  The ref saying after that he made a mistake pretty much nails it for me.  He wouldn’t be saying that if he didn’t believe it.  Thems the breaks, one will go for us in the future. 

6 hours ago, parsboi said:

Turning to the disallowed goal.  The ref saying after that he made a mistake pretty much nails it for me.  He wouldn’t be saying that if he didn’t believe it.  Thems the breaks, one will go for us in the future. 

Apart from the fact that he never said that.

So Dave Mackay is lying?

“I think the ref said himself after it that he had to make a decision. I don’t know why he felt he had to make a decision but he did. It’s one that was wrong but we move on.”
That’s what Mackay is quoted as actually saying on it.
Hardly translates to “the ref told me he knew he made a mistake”.

1 hour ago, Airdrie76 said:

“I think the ref said himself after it that he had to make a decision. I don’t know why he felt he had to make a decision but he did. It’s one that was wrong but we move on.”
That’s what Mackay is quoted as actually saying on it.
Hardly translates to “the ref told me he knew he made a mistake”.

Spot on, people haven't obviously read the report. For what it's worth, it was a goal to me.

Although the foul or not on the keeper could be considered a crucial mistake,  from his angle can see why ref gave it before ball entered the net, you could then look at his other errors of which there were many, Airdrie players clearly felt ball crossed the line from header one of goal mouth scrambles (and we are 1 up) ref gave foul on Pars keeper first half when sandwiched between two of his own players (may have resulted in a goal) Pars No. 5 not being booked for continuing to 'cuddle' Airdrie player long after foul given, Edwards should have been booked first half & would he then have not tackled Airdrie player second half or taken the sending off (thus no long throws). Its all part & parcel of the game some you get some you don't. Both teams had other squandered scoring chances.

Draw fair result. Move on to next week.