Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

11 hours ago, rough diamond said:

Was the yellow card straight after for dissent or the foul?

It was for dissent Bene looks like he called him a clueless w****r which tbf was accurate.

12 hours ago, Passionate said:

Enjoyed visiting East End Park for the first time in many a year,  good venue with still a bit of the old park still prevalent,  am I right in saying that the away support used to frequent the enclosure behind the opposite goal and half of the enclosure now stand across from the old main stand..

Yes, that's right.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

https://twitter.com/emmaq1983/status/1563583564548952064?s=21&t=zwQ1a9mFClJWl58EhWlI_A

Sadly, doesn't surprise me tbh. Some of our fans are absolute c***s, especially the tedious p***k beside me today who just whinged incessantly for the full 90.

That is absolutely shocking, what a bunch of c***s. No need and not welcome back.

Lucky for them they haven't said anything to my sister she would give them a scheme booting.

That is absolutely shocking, what a bunch of c***s. No need and not welcome back.
Lucky for them they haven't said anything to my sister she would give them a scheme booting.

It happens in all supports. I’ve had it from our own fans as well as plenty of others. Wouldn’t keep me from the next tie over at your place.

Not sure what I found more amusing the Dunfermline fans singing a top of the league song for a whole 10 minutes before we equalised and went back to top of the league, or the pitch invasion for the disallowed goal. Either way point was probably a fair result and a pretty entertaining 2nd half.

1 hour ago, She who dares gins said:

It happens in all supports. I’ve had it from our own fans as well as plenty of others. Wouldn’t keep me from the next tie over at your place.

I think you've had your say now Emma and perhaps should just let the men get back to talking about it while you go prepare the Sunday dinner. 😜🤪

Unfortunately I think it'll be a while yet before casual misogyny, racism and homophobia are eradicated at all of our grounds but until then we all need to do our bit by calling it out when we hear it.

19 hours ago, 101 said:

The linesman was brilliant today Edwards made about 10 foul throws next to him but he was too busy watching the offside to notice. One day someone will tell him what he's missing 😂

I didn’t spot any foul or infringement myself at the goal but as you say, it came from a foul throw (as did the goal that counted) so… *shrugs*. Some of the heads gone from the presumably younger contingent of the Pars support on Twitter is amusing. More disappointing is us struggling to defend them. If any team should be able to defend a long-throw it should be us! 

Enjoyed that yesterday. Two good, but different, teams playing a competitive, even and fairly open game of football. Thought the draw was fair and both teams had spells on top. Dunfermline probably had the better chances but most of them were routine saves for Johnson. That being said Gal should have done better with his effort and Fordyce was unlucky with his cracker off the bar. Our goal was even better than I initially remembered. Another great long ball over from Watson, nice lay-off by Devenny and Frizzell’s finish is a cracker. The goal we lost was incredibly soft though and we got away with that at the end. Dunfermline are the best team we’ve been played so far. Edwards, MacDonald and Mochrie probably your best players yesterday. 

Enjoyed my day out. East End Park is still a proper football ground which makes a hell of a difference in terms of atmosphere. The bridies are also God-tier. 

5 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Thought Edwards was excellent yeaterday. Other than his feet being on the pitch, he finally got the long throws to cause problems. He was also very good down the left hand side and caused Airdrie problems all day. He’s probably the one player recently that has kept improving year on year. His performance was a large part of the reason for Airdrie’s first half sub. Edwards had been winning the ball off him and getting past him with ease. MacDonald also played fairly well and put some good crosses into the box. Mochrie likes to drive forward from midfield, which is something we’ve missed when he hasn’t played. But he also seems to get brushed off the ball really easily and doesn’t seem to be aware of who/what’s around him.

Todorov is our biggest threat up front right now. We missed O’Hara’s running when he got injured as well. He caused Airdrie more problems than McCann.

Towards the end of the game, both Benedictus and Breen seemed to be struggling with knocks/injuries, which is an obvious concern.

As I’ve already said, Airdrie were the best team we’ve played so far. Frizzell was very good all game and took his goal really well. It was a well designed move for the goal. Their number 9 (Gallagher?) missed a glorious chance in the second half well after some really good play. Still not convinced Gabby McGill is a footballer though. Callum Smith looked lively, without really doing much. McCabe and Fordyce did fairly well. When McCabe moved himself into a back 3, he just seemed to be in control of the whole game. Can’t be easy being player/manager, but they played well and so did the team, so it seemed to work yesterday.

I prefer seeing McCabe playing that deeper role he’s a lot more control of the game and just watches the game so well

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Maybe,  Can i ask what video you watched that showed that?  The pars review are the only ones I saw and I neither the goal or disallowed goal videos from them showed both the ball being released and the Edwards. feet   You say his throws were obviously foul throws but so were every other one today,  It'll take a good amount of evidence to shown he was significantly worse than others.

Done it every time with his foot well over the line not seen many worse than him at it. Could see it from stand behind goals no problem it was that obvious 

FB_IMG_1661699778381.jpg

21 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

Done it every time with his foot well over the line not seen many worse than him at it. Could see it from stand behind goals no problem it was that obvious 

FB_IMG_1661699778381.jpg

No matter how many of your fans post the same image, it won't change the fact his heel is on the line. Are you one of those fans who goes mental that the ball isn't in the quadrant at a corner even when part of the ball is above the line? 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

No matter how many of your fans post the same image, it won't change the fact his heel is on the line. Are you one of those fans who goes mental that the ball isn't in the quadrant at a corner even when part of the ball is above the line? 

Exactly.  What part of “on the line therefore totally within rules of the game” are they no gettin? 😂

Enjoyed the game a lot, both teams in spells had periods on top, and probably should have been a higher scoring game. From the pics i think i can maybe see why the ref disallowed the goal, but its still a poor decision and should have stood. 

Airdrie fans, thought you looked a good team, deserved a point, but did you feel you sat back happy with the point after the equaliser. I was fearing the worst at that stage and surprised how much we went on to dominate,

Oh and bbc updates,,,come on!

image.png.f444f679c922bc7e2e4bbc2f65157e2c.png

35 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

FB_IMG_1661699778381.jpg

You clearly couldn’t see it clearly from your seat and nor have you backed it up with your picture.

3 minutes ago, DiamondJack85 said:

Funnily enough the ref gave your keeper the exact same foul in the first half...dont hear much complaining about that decision!!

My position was the ref had already called that foul and wasn’t surprised to see to 2nd one given.   The foul on mehmet was more severe and didn’t end the ball being hit into the net, that and the time of the game it’s pretty obvious why there would be different reactions 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Allot of fans showing that they don't know the rules of the game on this thread. 

1 hour ago, Afc88 said:

FB_IMG_1661699778381.jpg

Ah look, another idiot.