Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

I thought it was poor man management by McCabe, alright LJ wasnt getting much change out of Edwards, although is that his best position. ?? But to sub the lad at a Dunfermline corner a minute before half time was bizarre,   Rhys clearly has high standards,  which is great,    Ridiculing player's  like that too much and you could lose the dressing room....

Giving him the benefit of the doubt that there was a reason for it. We likely won’t know what that was. I wouldn’t like it if it was any player, let alone a younger player. Didn’t pick anything untoward on the pitch but we were a bit away.

1 hour ago, David Fernández said:
2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:
Felt we could have finished the game early with the chances we created but Airdrie grew into it and were the more likely side until we scored.
Was impressed with how we responded to the equaliser and came very close to finding a winner late on.
Hopefully this was just the initial tussle of a long season.

Aye definitely, felt you's caused us a lot of problems down our left hand side and had a lot of joy down there and you were the better team in the first half. Arguably you should have won it with that disallowed goal. Gal should have buried that chance in the second half and we were unlucky with the shot that hit the bar. Like you said, haply to shake hands and take a point. The next clash between us at Broomfield will be good.

Pity it's not at Broomfield.  

Better atmosphere 

9 minutes ago, Yankee_Dollar said:

Pity it's not at Broomfield.  

Better atmosphere 

Fair comments but the Shyberry etc is often referred to unofficially as Broomfield and there also appears to be something called "New Broomfield park" in the website. What's in a name mind you.

On atmosphere you're right about what a few thousand sound like in old stadiums compared to today's box grounds. 

Thought for certain how close it was to half time and the fact we were defending a corner that Jamieson was injured.

Euan Deveney today had a howler of a game at left back, doubt he won a single tackle the 1st half, we are seriously too light in our squad.

Superb goal by Frizz, one of those hits that can end up in row Z. Our match report shows Dunfermline's goal was an OG by Dycey who got in front of the keeper. The one ruled out was put down to Johnson getting a dig in the ribs as he came for the ball. Was the yellow card straight after for dissent or the foul?

Agreed the Ref was rotten, was like watching netball at times, he blew for even the slightest contact. Finally where the hell did the additional time come from? It was like watching "next goal is the winner".

Giving him the benefit of the doubt that there was a reason for it. We likely won’t know what that was. I wouldn’t like it if it was any player, let alone a younger player. Didn’t pick anything untoward on the pitch but we were a bit away.
From watching the game today, there were times LJ wasn't paying attention during Dunfermline throw ins, refusing to track back and his hold up play wasn't great up front. As well as booting the ball against the Dunfermline banner. McCabe might of seen that his attitude wasn't up to it today. That's what I seen from my perspective, unless I've missed anything else.

From watching the game today, there were times LJ wasn't paying attention during Dunfermline throw ins, refusing to track back and his hold up play wasn't great up front. As well as booting the ball against the Dunfermline banner. McCabe might of seen that his attitude wasn't up to it today. That's what I seen from my perspective, unless I've missed anything else.

No issue with that if those were the reasons. Certainly didn’t seem comfortable at times out there, but wait till half-time.

57 minutes ago, Afc88 said:

Not many are as obvious as his. Good weapon tbf but his foot needs to be a yard back

Maybe,  Can i ask what video you watched that showed that?  The pars review are the only ones I saw and I neither the goal or disallowed goal videos from them showed both the ball being released and the Edwards. feet   You say his throws were obviously foul throws but so were every other one today,  It'll take a good amount of evidence to shown he was significantly worse than others.

No issue with that if those were the reasons. Certainly didn’t seem comfortable at times out there, but wait till half-time.
Aye the timing of it seemed bizarre. Trusting McCabe in his judgement so far, 11/15 points with the games we've faced has been pretty impressive. Also want to say, sorry to hear about what happened to you at the game today, you get ar*eholes at every teams fan based and they definitely are within the minority.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Maybe,  Can i ask what video you watched that showed that?  The pars review are the only ones I saw and I neither the goal or disallowed goal videos from them showed both the ball being released and the Edwards. feet   You say his throws were obviously foul throws but so were every other one today,  It'll take a good amount of evidence to shown he was significantly worse than others.

Screenshot from Airdrie Twitter feed only showing both goals, this is the Dunfermline goal that stood, foot clearly over the line.

Screenshot_20220828-002917_Gallery.jpg

Edited by rough diamond

36 minutes ago, rough diamond said:

Screenshot from Airdrie Twitter feed only showing both goals, this is the Dunfermline goal that stood, foot clearly over the line.

Screenshot_20220828-002917_Gallery.jpg

No….

that photo shows no grass between the line and the front foot, so In the same way goals are decided, the foot is technically on the touch line.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Keeper had absolutely no idea how to deal with the long throws. That's never a foul in a million years.

Obvious tactic for every team playing Airdrie moving forward.

He's on an emergency loan, so I doubt you'll face him again this season.

He's been great so far, especially given his age, but clearly struggled with that tactic yesterday. It shows the importance of youngsters getting out and playing senior games because there is not a chance he has faced anything like that tactic and level of physicality before at youth level, so is great experience for him.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

9 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I have no issue with that, it's senior football not youth level. If you think someone needs subbed then make the sub, if you wait and then he gives the ball away which leads to a goal then you'd be kicking yourself.

Absolutely this, as we know Rhys spends pretty much the entire match talking to the younger players letting them know what they should be doing. Jamieson wasn't doing his job, it was as simple as that and he'd been spoken to by Rhys several times. If he can't follow the instructions then he goes off to be replaced by sometime who can. There's no point in waiting until half time to do it.

29 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Absolutely this, as we know Rhys spends pretty much the entire match talking to the younger players letting them know what they should be doing. Jamieson wasn't doing his job, it was as simple as that and he'd been spoken to by Rhys several times. If he can't follow the instructions then he goes off to be replaced by sometime who can. There's no point in waiting until half time to do it.

Completely, the sub was made in the 43rd minute so presumably McCabe made the order a couple minutes before that, add in stoppage time and you have around 5 minutes, if he wanted him subbed because he wasn't doing his job I don't understand waiting 5 minutes, those minutes are just as important as any other and could have led to a Dunfermline goal. Also as you say, I presume McCabe had spoken to him a few times already and it was the final straw.

There also wouldn't have been any embarrassment for Jamieson if he'd just walked off, everyone would just have assumed he had a slight injury, he brought any embarrassment on himself by throwing a tantrum. Like we were saying with Johnson having to deal with long throws yesterday the point of these guys going on loan is to experience the demands of senior football where players/managers are fighting for their livelihood, if players can't cope with that then it's not for them. I'm not saying Jamieson can't btw, but the criticism of the substitution because it upset him implies that he can't.

His heel is on the line though? Bizarre take.

Heel looks fine to me too. More concerned that we didn’t really get to grips with the long throw all match. I try not to get too riled up over refs at this level. Tend to find over the course of a season, things even themselves out. Comes from being a decade in league one veteran.

Thought Edwards was excellent yeaterday. Other than his feet being on the pitch, he finally got the long throws to cause problems. He was also very good down the left hand side and caused Airdrie problems all day. He’s probably the one player recently that has kept improving year on year. His performance was a large part of the reason for Airdrie’s first half sub. Edwards had been winning the ball off him and getting past him with ease. MacDonald also played fairly well and put some good crosses into the box. Mochrie likes to drive forward from midfield, which is something we’ve missed when he hasn’t played. But he also seems to get brushed off the ball really easily and doesn’t seem to be aware of who/what’s around him.

Todorov is our biggest threat up front right now. We missed O’Hara’s running when he got injured as well. He caused Airdrie more problems than McCann.

Towards the end of the game, both Benedictus and Breen seemed to be struggling with knocks/injuries, which is an obvious concern.

As I’ve already said, Airdrie were the best team we’ve played so far. Frizzell was very good all game and took his goal really well. It was a well designed move for the goal. Their number 9 (Gallagher?) missed a glorious chance in the second half well after some really good play. Still not convinced Gabby McGill is a footballer though. Callum Smith looked lively, without really doing much. McCabe and Fordyce did fairly well. When McCabe moved himself into a back 3, he just seemed to be in control of the whole game. Can’t be easy being player/manager, but they played well and so did the team, so it seemed to work yesterday.