Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

I think some are reading too much into our defensive record to date.

Yes to have not conceded so far this league campaign is really good going and we have certainly been more solid than in previous campaigns.

If I were Airdrie though I’d be confident of scoring today.

We had Alloa where we had to clear the ball off the line in the opening minutes, against Montrose Rory McCallister passed up an excellent opportunity to score, and even against Edinburgh City, we let one of their boys in one on one with the keeper.

We’re not as solid at the back as on paper suggests, if you consider these teams came to frustrate rather than necessarily have a good go where we know Airdrie will come with a more attacking mentality, I think they’ll have more opportunities to score and hit the net.

Offensively, don’t think we’ve been that great at all either, didn’t really deserve to beat Alloa, an absolute fluke saved us. Struggled to breakdown Montrose if it wasn’t for Todorov and we couldn’t beat Kelty Hearts…one assured performance against Edinburgh and even then there were disappointments we didn’t punt 6 or 7 in.

I’m just happy that we’ve managed to grind out the results that we’ve had but it’s not sustainable until we bring reinforcements in.

I think there will be a bit of a reality check today and predicting a 0-2 defeat but so hoping I’ll be proven wrong.

This fixture I think is where we’ll truly see where the Pars are at I think.

8 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

2-1 Airdrie and perhaps we’ll find out why Dunfermline fans never refer to themselves as Dunfermline (pars this, pars that). Weirdo behaviour.

Not as weird as calling yourself Airdrieonians when you're really called Clydebank.

42 minutes ago, Berry said:

This fixture I think is where we’ll truly see where the Pars are at I think.

We've have had some kind fixtures so far. It's good that we have picked up points but I think today is where we realise that we have a lot of work to do. The lack of recruitment will catch up with us.

We have been pretty poor in the 3 games I've seen so far. I did miss the Edinburgh game. I think we're a middling bang average league1 side, hoping to get a play-off spot.

The attacking set-up is a shambles and there no creative midifelders. Plenty effort but no quality.

Edited by Chubbychops

I think it’s right the subs from last week have come into the starting 11.

looks like wighton’s knees have finally given up/he’s gone for treatment with him not being on the bench.

Possible change in formation this week. Could go 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 but the usual 4-3-3 is still available with mochrie going into midfield.

5 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

3-5-2, good team. Bench brutal, reinforcements surely imminent 

Yeah. Good to see some width in the team and a few changes that I've been calling for. Todorov for McCann too.

As we all know many signings are a must in the next week. 

Thought it was a decent first half hour, both sides having chances and looking like they're liable to concede. From set pieces mostly in our case.

Strange for Airdrie to make the change so close to half time, you'd think it would be better for the player coming off and the manager to do it at the break.