Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

9 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:
11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:
After slating him all summer I’d say to stick Todorov on from the start. His finishing is usually horrendous but he makes a good nuisance of himself and his movement is good in terms of making an available target for crosses. 

Be good to see Mochrie take another corner too as his two on Saturday were possibly the worst in the history of football. The novelty factor of just how chronic they were was a highlight of Saturday’s game.

Those corners were something else! Was really weird to watch, it was like he couldn't get any kind of movement on the ball whatsoever. Watching the ball it was completely static in the air, absolutely no spin on it!

It was maybe meant to be the ones where someone steams in from midfield and volleys it in from 20 yards… except the whole team was in the box. The second one was funny, where the Kelty boy almost out on the left wing looked a bit bemused at first about why he had had a Pars corner fired at him.

I was going to see what your prices were to compare but when I click on the link it offers me tickets to a Glasgow Uni game or two possible Celtic B games. Talk about tinpot. 
Although looking on Google suggests that you do a Parent and Child gate for £20 which is very good value. In fairness, our season tickets are good value for children and youths and we chose to incentivise those who would buy a season ticket rather than folk who would come for a one off match.
As to the match itself, I'm already worried. Of the teams I'd expect to be challenging we've only faced Montrose so far and we aren't exactly blowing teams away. Our squad is paper thin and we're a couple of injuries or suspensions away from having a scratch side made up of jobbers and youngsters. Hopefully we can get a midfielder and or winger in before this as I'm not convinced our current mob would get the better of an Airdrie side many thought would struggle without Murray and Easton. 
Tickets only go on sale for home games 4/5 days before kick off and you're getting directed to tickets for Celtic B as I'd imagine they have a game this week. So it's not really tinpot, just there's not a game on to buy tickets.

A win away at Dunfermline would be an excellent result, but similar to QOS I'd take a point. Your defensive looks pretty solid and despite our excellent start, our finishing at times has been woeful, we aren't gonna get the same level of chances we did against Alloa so need to be more ruthless infront of goal or we will get punished.

Can see this being a very close game decided by a single goal.

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Be good to see Mochrie take another corner too as his two on Saturday were possibly the worst in the history of football. The novelty factor of just how chronic they were was a highlight of Saturday’s game.

I was directly behind him for both corners and was thinking "no way he will do that again" but he managed it. Made an audible "aw fuuhh" noise both times. Just needed to take a breath and concentrate on the technique. 

Dunfermline's excellent defensive record thus far suggests we're going to need a clinical edge if we've any hope of getting a win here. We took a very decent ratio of our chances versus Falkirk, granted, but I don't expect the same level of rank defending and midfield laziness from the Pars as we saw from our opponents that day. 

At home they'll fancy themselves to punish us if we do offer up the odd hairy moment as we did versus Alloa at the weekend, but if everyone's fit then we do have the movement, pace and attacking verve to cause them more problems than they'll have faced in their previous games. 

If we can get an early goal, their reaction and the reaction of their crowd would be telling. 

Hopefully a cracker, cannae wait for it. We've not started a league season this well in what feels like an age and getting something from this would top that off brilliantly. 

4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I was going to see what your prices were to compare but when I click on the link it offers me tickets to a Glasgow Uni game or two possible Celtic B games. Talk about tinpot. 

Although looking on Google suggests that you do a Parent and Child gate for £20 which is very good value. In fairness, our season tickets are good value for children and youths and we chose to incentivise those who would buy a season ticket rather than folk who would come for a one off match.

ADULT - £18
CONCESSION (Over 65) - £13
CONCESSION (Student, Unemployed, Disabled, 16-17) - £11
CHILD (Under 16) - £7
PARENT & CHILD (Under 16) - £20

Apprehensive but also buzzing for this. As bad as some games have been, 10 pts from 4 is still an excellent return and if we can get a win here its a real early statement.

Also has the potential to be a reality check though. Got a worrying sense that the performance levels vs Kelty, Montrose and Alloa just aren’t going to cut it in this one.

A good test for both sides this, we've looked good going forward so far and only conceding 1 goal in 4 suggests we are decent defensively, but I'm still not entirely convinced by us at the back yet, we concede 2 or 3 good chances a game and seems to be a combination of bad finishing (Falkirk) and excellent goalkeeping by Johnson (QOS and Alloa) that have kept the other teams from scoring a couple. I know Dunfermline aren't exactly free scoring so far but it will still be our toughest test yet.

Dunfermline have had a relatively easy start and don't seem to be playing particularly well yet, but grinding out wins in this league isn't easy so to be doing that with a lot of improvement left in them must be some encouragement.

With Falkirk playing Queens this game has added importance because the winner (if there is one) will already be potentially 8 points ahead of one of the pre-season favourites. Obviously there's a long way to go but that's already a big gap to make up and psychologically means the pressure is already on to not slip-up. Last season we picked up 5 points from the first 5 games which ultimately cost us the league (along with our horrific record against Cove), so even at this stage it's crucial to get a lead on your rivals.

4 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Tickets only go on sale for home games 4/5 days before kick off and you're getting directed to tickets for Celtic B as I'd imagine they have a game this week. So it's not really tinpot, just there's not a game on to buy tickets.

Well our website doesn't direct you to buy tickets for other clubs and their B teams is my point. 

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Well our website doesn't direct you to buy tickets for other clubs and their B teams is my point. 

The link on the website takes you through to the independent ticketing platform Future Ticketing (like Ticketmaster) whose page acts as a portal for ALL football matches at Excelsior Stadium, which as you have alluded to is a host venue for clubs including Airdrieonians FC.    

Hard to say with this one, pars definitely have the crowd behind them at the moment, and they are defending well and certainly going the 90 mins. Having said that quality hasn't been great really, and the more quality you need against better performing sides. 

Wighton has been struggling, and i hope we leave him out. He's been trying but give Mochrie the start with McCann, and one of O'Hara,/McDonald on the right. Otherwise the same unless new signing comes in.

Airdrie for me always strike me as a team who will nick a result at east end, but i cant help but feel this sides togetherness if nothing else can see us through.

Ill predict a third 1-0 home win. McDonald will score a long range deflected shot.

Have gone for a draw as I'm not convinced we won't offer up a few chances to Dunfermline but confident we will score as Calum Smith is bound to take one chance at last. It looks like both sides are well matched even this early in season. 

Hope it's like the last visit in my memory, that being the 4-3 Airdrie win. Concession

ticket of 14.00 bought today. 

Not sure what to think for this game. East End Park a hard place to go and you’re , like us, unbeaten. We’re prone to a defensive lapse or two but attacking wise it’s the best I’ve watched for a long time. If we can convert some of the chances we should create I’ll be happy. I’d take a draw at this stage in the season. 

Edited by 2lgm
Typo

If we win, it will be 1-0, but I'd probably take 0-0 if it was offered - as things stand.

If we lose the first goal early, it could be difficult viewing.  I can't see how our side, as it is at the moment, manages to get back into a game when the opposition has a lead to defend.

Nothing that 3 great signings out of nowhere won't fix though....

18 minutes ago, Diamond Sab said:

Hope there is a half time Roll Call of the East End Park ball boys just in case they go missing at half time or dont appear for the second half as happened before against Airdrie !!!

Normally the team that went missing in the past, where do they end up?