Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

This will be the biggest attacking threat we have come up against by some way so will be interesting to see how the defence holds up. 

Big few weeks coming up for us as I think we have had a kind introduction to the league so far and haven't really convinced apart from against 10 man Edinburgh. 

55 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

This will be the biggest attacking threat we have come up against by some way so will be interesting to see how the defence holds up. 

Big few weeks coming up for us as I think we have had a kind introduction to the league so far and haven't really convinced apart from against 10 man Edinburgh. 

Ironically the flip of this is true for us, our attacking players have been producing the goods and have scored in every league game so far, will be interesting to see how they do when faced with a non porous defence.

Edited by cb_diamond

25 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Defeat incoming. For all our strikers, none of them are any good where they've been playing. I'd be tempted to play Todd wide right in a 442 just to try and get 2 strikers through the middle.

Said it before but I think that Todd as a wide midfielder could be a good option, got the engine to come up and down and would tuck in a bit to stop you getting overran in the middle. 

Mehmet

Comrie-Bene-Breen-Edwards

Todd-Hamilton-Chalmers-Mochrie

Wighton-O'Hara

Would be my pick, although realistically any of the strikers could be used. 

I'd play Todorov up top, O'Hara out on the right and Mochrie on the left. Use O'Hara's pace and movement for something useful with him and Mochrie running at defenders.

Hamilton sitting behind Todd and Chalmers.

Would consider playing MacDonald instead of Comrie as I don't feel the latter is doing much to keep his place.

We're at home, it's our first big test of the season so let's have a real go and show what we're capable of. If we go same again then I'm very confident we will lose.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

After slating him all summer I’d say to stick Todorov on from the start. His finishing is usually horrendous but he makes a good nuisance of himself and his movement is good in terms of making an available target for crosses. 

Be good to see Mochrie take another corner too as his two on Saturday were possibly the worst in the history of football. The novelty factor of just how chronic they were was a highlight of Saturday’s game.

oh-you-were.gif
Just to be clear my Fife friends, not having a go at you, your crowds and ST sales are excellent. Even although Airdrie have had a great start to the season, I can't imagine them bringing through any more than say 300.

If your team put half as much effort into games as your fans do on P and B to w**k over crowd attendances you might make the play offs this year.

59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Be good to see Mochrie take another corner too as his two on Saturday were possibly the worst in the history of football. The novelty factor of just how chronic they were was a highlight of Saturday’s game.

I want to see him start a match as he clearly needs some games.

Decidedly more Liam Horsted than Adam Hammill in his cameos vs Montrose and Kelty but lots of time to start doing bits.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

If MacDonald is playing, you have to play Todorov IMO. He is the only one that gets in to positions for MacDonald’s crosses. No other striker we have attempts to get in between the lines but if you start him from the get-go, I don’t think he does enough and gets sussed out pretty fast. He is a good option to bring off the bench to cause problems to a tiring defence. We have plenty options attacking wise, but none fill me with much hope. We’ve not got a Nisbet, Kirk etc type striker, otherwise you’re going in to games expecting to score at least a couple.

After slating him all summer I’d say to stick Todorov on from the start. His finishing is usually horrendous but he makes a good nuisance of himself and his movement is good in terms of making an available target for crosses. 

Those corners were something else! Was really weird to watch, it was like he couldn't get any kind of movement on the ball whatsoever. Watching the ball it was completely static in the air, absolutely no spin on it!

22 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If MacDonald is playing, you have to play Todorov IMO. He is the only one that gets in to positions for MacDonald’s crosses. No other striker we have attempts to get in between the lines but if you start him from the get-go, I don’t think he does enough and gets sussed out pretty fast. He is a good option to bring off the bench to cause problems to a tiring defence. We have plenty options attacking wise, but none fill me with much hope. We’ve not got a Nisbet, Kirk etc type striker, otherwise you’re going in to games expecting to score at least a couple.

I'd sacrifice our entire strike force for one Andy Kirk and I'd still be paying undervalue.

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'd sacrifice our entire strike force for one Andy Kirk and I'd still be paying undervalue.

His 2011/2012 season in the SPL is one of the most underrated performances in our recent history.

Double figures for that pile of shite was some effort.

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Tickets

Looks like you are behind the goals,  must have been decided that you’re a bunch of scoundrels  and that you need kept away from the home fans as supports of that size are normally in the north east.

They have the North East Turnstile open for Pars fans this season so I doubt they will put fans in that section. Montrose fans were in the South (Main) stand I think.

20 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

I don’t think I’ve ever moaned about ticket prices ever considering we were always expensive. £40 to take me and my two boys who are 13 and 8 you can get that to f**k though. Add in my dad who is 73 and I’m £55 down rite away before I’ve even travelled. 

I was going to see what your prices were to compare but when I click on the link it offers me tickets to a Glasgow Uni game or two possible Celtic B games. Talk about tinpot. 

Although looking on Google suggests that you do a Parent and Child gate for £20 which is very good value. In fairness, our season tickets are good value for children and youths and we chose to incentivise those who would buy a season ticket rather than folk who would come for a one off match.

As to the match itself, I'm already worried. Of the teams I'd expect to be challenging we've only faced Montrose so far and we aren't exactly blowing teams away. Our squad is paper thin and we're a couple of injuries or suspensions away from having a scratch side made up of jobbers and youngsters. Hopefully we can get a midfielder and or winger in before this as I'm not convinced our current mob would get the better of an Airdrie side many thought would struggle without Murray and Easton. 

4 games in and we already have a top of the table clash. I’m not too sure how this will go tbh. We’ve looked comfortable in every game bar the second half at QOTS but the heat certainly played a part in that. 

Dunfermline have been creating plenty chances whilst not giving too many away to opposition. Our front 3 are playing very well at the moment so I can see us causing some bother. 

Frizzel has been on another level this season and is just brilliant to watch. I actually feel he offers more than Easton as he has the defensive side to his game which Easton lacked. Justin Deveney has been unplayable as well. Very composed and spreads it about very well. 

That said, we definitely do have a mistake or 2 in our back line with Dycey/Watson happy to make one danger pass per game which a good team will punish. 

Will be an interesting game and I’m sure we’ll muster up about 47 away fans. 

1-2 Airdrie.