Pars vs Airdrie - 27/08/2022

Big moment in our season IMO,  we’ve been reasonable defensively but not really created enough outside of the Edinburgh game, something that cost us today. It will be interesting to see how we stand up to a team who look like they will be up the top end cond the end of the season 

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Big moment in our season IMO,  we’ve been reasonable defensively but not really created enough outside of the Edinburgh game, something that cost us today. It will be interesting to see how we stand up to a team who look like they will be up the top end cond the end of the season 

Very big game for both clubs in terms of how they’ll react if they lose. Other than a tough second half in Dumfries where we rode our luck a bit, we haven’t really been tested too much in the league yet and it’ll be interesting to see how we react if we go behind in a game. We’re creating loads of chances but other than the Falkirk game haven’t been anywhere near clinical enough. Equally, we’ve caused ourselves a few problems in the last couple of weeks with overplaying around our own box and a strong attack will punish that. I think we’ll cause your defence plenty of problems, even when we lost at Arbroath we managed to get in behind a strong defence three times in the first half and wasted three great chances, but whether we’ll be ruthless enough in both boxes is a different matter.

Not that it counts for much but we have an oddly good record at East End Park, I think we’re W4 D2 L2 in our last eight visits despite being rubbish for most of that time. I’m looking forward to it heading back for the first time in a while. We took a decent support down to Dumfries last week even with no trains or buses running, so hopefully plenty make the trip for this.

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

An early season top of the table clash at EEP and the first meeting between the sides in over six years.

Hopefully Airdrie will bring through a big support and can feel like a big game.

You Were Serious Laugh GIF - You Were Serious Laugh Laughing - Discover &  Share GIFs

Just to be clear my Fife friends, not having a go at you, your crowds and ST sales are excellent. Even although Airdrie have had a great start to the season, I can't imagine them bringing through any more than say 300.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Looks like the trains might very well be running so I’m sure at least 25 of us will make it through.

Big, big test for Airdrie this one. We haven’t been able to put all parts of our game together yet and there won’t be a better time to do it than this match. Defensively I think there’s still an error in there and only against the Grangemouth Navy Blues have we been clinical.

Fingers crossed for a signing or two this week to back up the first XI. Hope Gabby’s knock isn’t serious as he showed well and took his goal very, very well.

Oh, and Frizzell might be my favourite Airdrie player ever, surpassing Taylor Morgan.

4 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You Were Serious Laugh GIF - You Were Serious Laugh Laughing - Discover &  Share GIFs

Just to be clear my Fife friends, not having a go at you, your crowds and ST sales are excellent. Even although Airdrie have had a great start to the season, I can't imagine them bringing through any more than say 300.

Hold the front pages!! Get it in bold, impact font. All caps as well as people surely won't believe it.  FALKIRK FAN IN CROWDWANK SHOCKER...

...or maybe not 🙄

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

What stand will the Airdrie support be in would imagine we will bring  around the 350 mark as already stated..

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What stand will the Airdrie support be in would imagine we will bring  around the 350 mark as already stated..

Tickets

Looks like you are behind the goals,  must have been decided that you’re a bunch of scoundrels  and that you need kept away from the home fans as supports of that size are normally in the north east.

oh-you-were.gif

[emoji23][emoji23] falkirk not even involved in this game and still talking about attendances. Superb. Such a shame you don’t get a bonus point for attendances. Falkirk would maybe get out this league for once

37 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

I don’t think I’ve ever moaned about ticket prices ever considering we were always expensive. £40 to take me and my two boys who are 13 and 8 you can get that to f**k though. Add in my dad who is 73 and I’m £55 down rite away before I’ve even travelled.

Football in Scotland costs far too much but we are going over well covered territory with this one.

As always, the only way clubs will alter pricing is if people stop paying. Since we're all sick and can't stay away, we will all continue to get fleeced.

IMG_3147.jpg
IMG_3146.jpg

Think we need to be trying either these out. Hopefully McPake has realised that fudging three strikers in to the team won’t work. Can’t really see us conceding if I’m being honest. We look completely solid defensively, but lack any real cutting edge.