Dumbarton vs Elgin City

Can we make it five wins from the first five for the first time in the club's history?

Will Elgin get their first win of the season?

While they have yet to win, Elgin have only lost once so I'm expecting them to be tough opponents and I'm certainly not going along expecting them to be cannon fodder.

Discuss.

This will be an acid test to see how the team reacts and how they’ve been affected by the cup charade midweek. Hopefully there’s no hangover and the players can get fully focused on this game, given that it really matters and that silly wee cup has no importance whatsoever.

This won’t be easy as no game has been so far but given our league start we should go into this with a lot of confidence.

Not saying we are going to win, but the players feed off of positivity, go there, bring a friend and get behind the team. Runs like this don't come along often, let's help the boys on the park. I know we had a good start last year etc...but it's a different league, different days. 

Mon the Sons 

On 24/08/2022 at 10:00, Clarko_son said:

Hope we can just ignore last nights result and go back to the same team we've been using in previous weeks as well assuming no-ones injured and McLean is still out. 

Its a good thing Rangers won last night ( NO, BIG TEAM NOT FOUND)as it will distract from all the Ally Love hatred and nonsense.Ally needs to put that behind him and turn up with a clear head for Saturday.It will be extremely difficult to win again especially with a side that has kane hester in their ranks.We are capable of winning it but I expect a really tricky afternoon.In this league anyone can beat anyone.Not many would have forseen AR beating BR  last week so lets not be complacent or cocky.

Is £15 not a bit high for an automated camera stream? Jan and Chris are fantastic and if we were paying them for their services I could understand the price but surely with UK streaming gone the "set it high to encourage folk to attend" excuse is gone with it? Basically charging people in other countries full entry price.

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is £15 not a bit high for an automated camera stream? Jan and Chris are fantastic and if we were paying them for their services I could understand the price but surely with UK streaming gone the "set it high to encourage folk to attend" excuse is gone with it? Basically charging people in other countries full entry price.

I watched the first Stirling game from a poolside lounger in Ibiza.  It was worth every penny just to see the Crags.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be willing to put money on it that there will be more people in the UK taking the stream than there will be in the rest of the world

22 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I'd be willing to put money on it that there will be more people in the UK taking the stream than there will be in the rest of the world

I'm sure someone from East Fife TV said previously its quite easy for them to see when people are connecting through VPNs and they can cut their stream if they want/need to. If there is that technology available then the club could use that to limit the number in the UK streaming while also offering a fair price to those abroad. I'm not sure "well if some are going to watch it here we might as well charge everyone the same price" is a very good justification. 

So we’ve now announced you can only watch a stream abroad if you have a monthly or yearly subscription (both of which are pretty terribly priced for a Pixelott stream). The rules have clearly changed from pre pandemic where you could tune into an overseas stream for a one off payment for that particular game - most of which were priced between a fiver and 7 quid. What a joke!

59 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So we’ve now announced you can only watch a stream abroad if you have a monthly or yearly subscription (both of which are pretty terribly priced for a Pixelott stream). The rules have clearly changed from pre pandemic where you could tune into an overseas stream for a one off payment for that particular game - most of which were priced between a fiver and 7 quid. What a joke!

Who in Scottish football streamed matches pre-pandemic other than the old firm, who did so on a subscription rather than PPV basis and who geo-blocked to UK IP addresses? Where were these pre-pandemic fiver streams?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

38 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Who in Scottish football streamed matches pre-pandemic other than the old firm, who did so on a subscription rather than PPV basis and who geo-blocked to UK IP addresses? Where were these pre-pandemic fiver streams?

Numerous clubs in the lower leagues offered a stream pre pandemic. I spent many a Saturday unable to attend away games watching a stream of us playing away from home. Some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head are Raith, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Partick, East Fife. I’m sure there were more than a few others as well. The Falkirk stream was 7 quid and I’m fairly sure I’ve watched a couple of Raith ones that were a fiver. 

Do you think I’m talking shite or something? Why the hell would I make that up?

edit to add: all of the above plus a few others I can’t remember off the top of my head offered streams for overseas viewers you could purchase with a one of payment. None of them were ever more expensive than a tenner with the majority a good bit cheaper. This wasn’t even just a recent thing, I’ve been tuning into these streams for years.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery