Patrick Thistle 🔴🟡 vs Raith Rovers 🔵⚪️

See this striker we need? I wouldn't be waiting for a loan player from somebody's youth team. Even if it means going into the Lowland League, I'd be finding a big jobber in his 30s who knows how to play the game. Our game intelligence is shocking. 

Thistle totally threw away the initiative in that second half, having totally dominated the first. We created two chances, one that Gullan put off the post and one that Ross put wide, but profligacy is only one part of it. 

Each of our forward players spent that last ten minutes running around in circles underneath high balls that none of them can win. And when we do finally get the break of the ball, Connell basically runs right into Gullan because paths of their circles happen to overlap at that point. That doesn't happen if there's a Brian Graham or a John Baird or a Steven MacLean on the park. 

The players we've got work hard enough for this level, and they're individually talented enough for this level, but collectively there's not enough experience or intelligence to be a really good side. 

Deserved 3 points but thought we should’ve scored more than 2. Don’t think we were at our best but it was a solid performance. McMillan was MOTM for me.

Fair play to Raith to going to back for the last 20ish minutes then going to 1 for the last 10. Thought they looked pretty poor though.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Wasn’t there, but good three points. Who was the disallowed goal for? 

Thistle. It was a set piece that the Rovers couldn't clear, and Harry Milne hooked the second ball over the line from about two yards out. The Rovers had a defender lying on the goal line, so it's a question of whether MacDonald was ahead of Milne or not. I didn't think he was, I was surprised when the flag went up. 

Probably about fair, Partick could have got a more comfortable win with the extra goal but Rovers could also have nicked an equalizer so on the balance of play 2-1 is about right. Thought Partick looked better than the teams we’ve faced so far and will be up there end of the season. Pitch definitely looking better than last year. Overall it was a decent game to watch. Reverse fixture at Starks should be good. 

Probably deserved with first half performance but Raith could have/ should have won if they took their two guilt edged chances in the second half. 

The clown car goal seemed to really take the wind out of our sails and the crowd were grumbling rather than applauding the team off for a great first half performance.

Obviously the disallowed goal could have made a difference to the overall tone of the second half but you have to stick at it. 

Good to see big Aero come on and we were a bit more settled and stretched Rovers on the break.

Happy with the win and a lot of the performance. 

Lawless was a deserved MotM. Really coming onto a game.

Hard to judge Raith but they need some experience/ competence in that back line and a player who can finish. 

Edited by jagfox

Knew not to get too carried away with our two wins on the bounce as both Morton and Hamilton looked poor on the day. I felt today was a game to see where we were at and had my suspicions we'd struggle if I'm honest. This team, as it is, probably won't do much this season other than mid table mediocrity at best imo. 

Edited by Raithie

Always the danger when you give 2 soft as shite goals away and play 60 mins, again, with no forward.  Thistle will be dissapointed that there was even a sniff of a draw.

That said, fucking sitters in that 2nd half. Especially the one hit wide.

Real lack of communication at the back today.  I might be alone on this, but I think Mcdonald could be helping these guys out a bit more.  Couple of crosses needlessly cleared for corners that should be his ball all day long.

10 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

O Riordan did pretty well again, which is a positive at least.  

Aye, he doesn't do it very often, but he's got the confidence to step out of the defence every now and again which is good, gives us a slightly different option as we try to build from the back. 

Nolan's mistake today was the first catastrophic error from either of them, but it won't be the last. Such is the nature of inexperienced defenders. Other than that they managed the game relatively well, better than I expected. I still think we need much more out of Dick and Millen though. 

Overall I actually thought the Rovers were better than I was expecting today, but it's frustrating to see the areas that we're falling short in. 

3 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Aye, he doesn't do it very often, but he's got the confidence to step out of the defence every now and again which is good, gives us a slightly different option as we try to build from the back. 

Nolan's mistake today was the first catastrophic error from either of them, but it won't be the last. Such is the nature of inexperienced defenders. Other than that they managed the game relatively well, better than I expected. I still think we need much more out of Dick and Millen though. 

Overall I actually thought the Rovers were better than I was expecting today, but it's frustrating to see the areas that we're falling short in. 

Yeah, both full backs were really poor.

Like you, I feared today a bit - but when the game was lost down to soft goals and poor finishing it's really frustrating.

I think you lot are being harsh on yourselves, I would say Raith are in with a play off shout based on what I saw today. We looked far better first half and then out of nowhere gave away a truly ridiculous goal to give out a life line. Second half I think Raith where certainly the better team and missed two sitters. I think a draw wouldn’t have been all that unfair on us. Certainly not at our best but good to see us grinding out wins like that. In years gone by we would have folded seeing 8 odd minutes added on but we saw out the injury time pretty comfortably with some good game management. Wee lawless was brilliant again as was McMillan. Thought tunji was better today and credit to McCall for his subs for once. Made at the right times and bringing on aero worked brilliantly as he steadied the ship. One of those fist pump enjoyable relief wins in the end.

4 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

I think you lot are being harsh on yourselves, I would say Raith are in with a play off shout based on what I saw today. We looked far better first half and then out of nowhere gave away a truly ridiculous goal to give out a life line. Second half I think Raith where certainly the better team and missed two sitters. I think a draw wouldn’t have been all that unfair on us. Certainly not at our best but good to see us grinding out wins like that. In years gone by we would have folded seeing 8 odd minutes added on but we saw out the injury time pretty comfortably with some good game management. Wee lawless was brilliant again as was McMillan. Thought tunji was better today and credit to McCall for his subs for once. Made at the right times and bringing on aero worked brilliantly as he steadied the ship. One of those fist pump enjoyable relief wins in the end.

On the Rovers second half performance definitely deserved at least a point

2 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Nolan, I assume, was tactical. Not sure about MacDonald, he had a wee lie down after a ball into the box, but I don't know if he took a knock or if he strained something. 

Jamie took a knock to the head, will be looked at again tomorrow, but went home under his own steam.