County vs Killie, 20/08/22

Another pathetic performance in a system that doesn't suit the players. We created one shot on target that I can remember. First half we just treated the ball like a hot tattie. So few players in the team who want to put their foot on the ball and pass it. 

That is the worst refereeing performance I've seen in a good long while. 

Start of the game he gives a foul for a foot up as the goalie takes his kick. Harkes got booked for United in week 1 for this identical foul - no booking today. How can that be? It's either a bookable offence or it's not?

Callachan's tackle is just assault. Absolutely criminal. He sees Alebiosu is away and just goes out to hammer him. As clear a red card as you'll ever see. That he then played so much more of the game is appalling. 

Cameron has a two footed lunge on him down in the corner and there wasn't even a foul given! 

Alebiousu deliberately held back by the shirt when trying to cross the ball, nothing given. 

A Killie player booked for standing in front of a foul - at the next foul the County man did the same and got nothing. 

It can't distract from what was an abject performance for us but we could have done with the helping hand of the ref doing his job and reducing them to 10 men in the first half. 

Ditto to what’s been said above. Two pish teams flinging shite at each other. Take the three points and run though.

ETA: Callachans tackles a fucking shocker and I’m obviously stunned that it wasn’t a red. Not the first time he’s put in a tackle like that though. Understand he plays on the edge but that’s a disgraceful tackle worth about 5 reds.

Let’s just agree the ref had an horrific game for both sides. Stick on draw, but these things happen and we got the luck, if there was an argument for neither team getting a point we could start here and I wouldn’t disagree. Sorry for the Killie fans and their trek down the road.

Shocking challenge by Callaghan should have gone couldn’t believe Malky left him on the park it was a certainty that he was going off at some point 2nd yellow was very soft.

Hopefully Malky has a better idea Edwards is a far bigger threat than Sims.

Will need to see more of Purrington but haven’t been overly impressed so far.

Still hopefully of a couple of signings feel we need another option both upfront and centre half.

Pleased we have finally got a win 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

@craigkillie what’s the system here? Can that yellow be upgraded to a red retrospectively and, if so, would there be further fallout given the red he got for the second yellow?

Not calling for it, just curious to rules and procedures.

I think the case is that because the referee saw it and awarded a yellow, there's no changing it. May well be wrong though. I'm hoping for a bit of trial by Sportscene but fully expect a ridiculous one minute highlights package that doesnt even show it. 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

@craigkillie what’s the system here? Can that yellow be upgraded to a red retrospectively and, if so, would there be further fallout given the red he got for the second yellow?

Not calling for it, just curious to rules and procedures.

There have been cases where yellows were given originally but the compliance officer subsequently upgraded to red - Scott McKenna against Celtic is the one I remember. In terms of him getting sent off eventually, I think what would happen is that the first yellow would be upgraded to a red and then the second would still count as a yellow in disciplinary terms (just as would be the case if someone managed to get booked on the way off after being given a red card).

If ever a game deserved to be a draw then the one in Dingwall yesterday was that one.

Not pretty but we got the break and I am delighted to finally see us get points on the board.

Top marks to Jordan White for setting up the goal, great header to set up Edwards to score.

My MoTM was Dhanda.

6 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Thanks a lot Kilmarnock.

9B28CB27-4BDF-44ED-9557-B3F9C232D001.thumb.jpeg.aeedf47db6901ba3fea74f732dc3677f.jpeg

In case you can’t tell I’m being sarcastic btw. I’m genuinely angry, and Kilmarnock fans should be thankful I’m not due to make a trip to Ayrshire for at least 6 weeks. 

Just don’t gamble, huge problem in society.

12 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There have been cases where yellows were given originally but the compliance officer subsequently upgraded to red - Scott McKenna against Celtic is the one I remember. In terms of him getting sent off eventually, I think what would happen is that the first yellow would be upgraded to a red and then the second would still count as a yellow in disciplinary terms (just as would be the case if someone managed to get booked on the way off after being given a red card).

Makes sense, thanks.

Compliance Office has been quiet for a few years. I wonder if the Hibs-Rangers brouhaha will awake them  from their slumber.