Cheap as Chips

We are clearly all going to be financially destitute in the near future so what good meals can you suggest which will be cheap but decent.

I'll start with rediscovering liver (in a cheese omelette) which I made for the family tonight. The six year old refused to eat it but both the wife and I thought it was excellent. 

Estimated cost pp approx 76p.

Buy a Pinch of Nom book or two. They do use a lot of spices and condiments so it'll be expensive to begin with but they generally rotate said ingredients into most meals so the weekly shop cost is way down. Tried a shitload of stuff and rarely been disappointed. My weekly shop for a family of 4 is usually under £65. That includes fruit, bread, milk etc. as well. Definitely worth giving it a go for a month and I reckon you'll be surprised at how much you save.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Buy a Pinch of Nom book or two. They do use a lot of spices and condiments so it'll be expensive to begin with but they generally rotate said ingredients into most meals so the weekly shop cost is way down. Tried a shitload of stuff and rarely been disappointed. My weekly shop for a family of 4 is usually under £65. That includes fruit, bread, milk etc. as well. Definitely worth giving it a go for a month and I reckon you'll be surprised at how much you save.

Unfortunately anything with spice is out for the bairn. He generally eats loads of stuff but for some reason even a hint of spice and it becomes a pitched battle.

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Unfortunately anything with spice is out for the bairn. He generally eats loads of stuff but for some reason even a hint of spice and it becomes a pitched battle.

If there's nothing else on the table, they'll fucking well eat it eventually. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No matter how good the content i could never buy anything called "pinch of nom". That's 360° toe curling. 

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

We are clearly all going to be financially destitute in the near future so what good meals can you suggest which will be cheap but decent.

I'll start with rediscovering liver (in a cheese omelette) which I made for the family tonight. The six year old refused to eat it but both the wife and I thought it was excellent. 

Estimated cost pp approx 76p.

Funny Gifs : morrissey GIF - VSGIF.com

According to QI a toast sandwich is tasty and cheap - two slices of buttered bread with a slice of dry toast in between; salted and peppered to taste. They gave one to Romesh Ranganathan who thought they were taking the piss because he's a vegan (did you know that?) but he really enjoyed it.

I didn't literally mean spices. I'm talking, oregano, cumin, basil etc. We're the same with regards to actual spice. You just don't add it in if it tells you.
No matter how good the content i could never buy anything called "pinch of nom". That's 360° toe curling. 

You don't know what you're missing.