Phone Zone

29 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I was issued one of these by the Cooncil when I worked for them on a project circa 1993 I think.

Problem I had was I thought i was the dog bollox and was phoning lots of "ladies" in front of my mates while out on the Bevvy.

The cooncil docked my wages by about £200 for personal calls and i found out the hard way just how expensive the network charges were back in the day.

Anyone else remember calls costing 50p a minute or whatever.

Nah, but I mind texts were 10p each! But also you could have 5 or so numbers of your choice where it was a bit cheaper to text to.

31 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I was issued one of these by the Cooncil when I worked for them on a project circa 1993 I think.

Problem I had was I thought i was the dog bollox and was phoning lots of "ladies" in front of my mates while out on the Bevvy.

The cooncil docked my wages by about £200 for personal calls and i found out the hard way just how expensive the network charges were back in the day.

Anyone else remember calls costing 50p a minute or whatever.

Who were you phoning? Babestation?

My first phone was one of these. Rented it from the old Radio Rentals. Couple of problems with it though. I was the only person that I knew of that had a mobile phone at the time. Also where I lived, there was no network coverage!

9BA3F1E1-DA8E-4FBA-8B32-9C3A2C908284.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I had a Sony Eriksson, to operate the camera you turned it landscape and pulled in opposite directions to expose the camera lens. It was like a James Bond gadget.

Anyone remember the model number?

W995

See the source image

41 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I had one of these babies. Because the bottom bit sliding down at the mere touch of a button made me cool and important and matrixy. 

giphy (1).gif

If you still have it you can make ~£150 selling it to a dealer. This is one of the phones that are hot ticket in those circles.

Got an upgrade the other day to the iPhone 13 and my fucking word, what a piece of kit lads.  Moved up from the 11 and the upgrades are ridiculous.  The A15 chip is so good, the battery isn't the biggest but it can last a day and a bit into the next with heavy use easily as the chip is so efficient.  Would recommend to a friend, and most of my enemies.

25 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Got an upgrade the other day to the iPhone 13 and my fucking word, what a piece of kit lads.  Moved up from the 11 and the upgrades are ridiculous.  The A15 chip is so good, the battery isn't the biggest but it can last a day and a bit into the next with heavy use easily as the chip is so efficient.  Would recommend to a friend, and most of my enemies.

I've got the 13 Pro. Cracking phone. Feels fucking solid. Could definitely cosh someone with it no bother.

4 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I've got the 13 Pro. Cracking phone. Feels fucking solid. Could definitely cosh someone with it no bother.

Aye catch someone with the corner of it and they'll have a crimson mask in seconds.

On 18/08/2022 at 17:29, Arch Stanton said:

I had a Sony Eriksson, to operate the camera you turned it landscape and pulled in opposite directions to expose the camera lens. It was like a James Bond gadget.

Anyone remember the model number?

Long shot but maybe the Sony Satio?

s-l640.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/09/2022 at 22:45, Mr. Alli said:

My mate has one. A ridiculous size when closed.

Just ordered the s22. My days of buying top tech are dying.

Had this over a week now and the battery life is a bit bemusing. I haven't bothered to delve into it but having to charge every day, during the day is a pain. I'm not even that  heavy on it.