Phone Zone

19 minutes ago, Venti said:

Used to have a 3210 back in the day.

Upgraded to the legendary 3310. The indestructable brick.

If you've been a good boy this year I'll give you my 7210 when I get one of the Sony Ericsson wans that yi can play the music on n' that.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If you've been a good boy this year I'll give you my 7210 when I get one of the Sony Ericsson wans that yi can play the music on n' that.

Actually had a Sony Ericsson p900 with touch screen & stylus.

Thought I was like Mr Spock.

This was my first mobile, had had for years, was like many of that era practically indestructible. Drop on stone floors of pubs, stood on, dropped down flights of stairs, and memorably dropped in lane near my flat, where it lay in the rain and wet for three days before being found. Wiped down and plugged into charge and it was working fine.

image.png.38d3f6f41c510e3285e33bc95f0e70cf.png

39 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

This was my first mobile, had had for years, was like many of that era practically indestructible. Drop on stone floors of pubs, stood on, dropped down flights of stairs, and memorably dropped in lane near my flat, where it lay in the rain and wet for three days before being found. Wiped down and plugged into charge and it was working fine.

Had one too.

Did you use the wee hack code to replenish the credit? 

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

I was issued one of these by the Cooncil when I worked for them on a project circa 1993 I think.

Problem I had was I thought i was the dog bollox and was phoning lots of "ladies" in front of my mates while out on the Bevvy.

The cooncil docked my wages by about £200 for personal calls and i found out the hard way just how expensive the network charges were back in the day.

Anyone else remember calls costing 50p a minute or whatever.

24 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's also a good way to support the Chinese revolution since we're not allowed to buy Huawei stuff because it's too good.

Huawei's latest stuff is utter shit (could be because of the petty squabbling tbf). I hold the Chinese personally responsible for still being stuck with an Oppo heap of shitto for another few months