St Johnstone vs Aberdeen 20/8/22

Thought the first 15 minutes Aberdeen started well but was poor after that in the first half. Second half Aberdeen was excellent and was unlucky to only win 1-0, saying that it looked like Roos made a great save near the end.

Good to feel to win away in the league s it's was last December at St Johnstone was our last win.

This new Aberdeen looks really exciting going forward but the way Goodwin sets us up we will lose quite a few goals at the back.

Edited by betting competition

Sad to read that about the fan passing away - think it was evident at the time that it was extremely serious.

Did Vinnie upset Considine during the short spell they were together at Pittodrie? First foul was tactical, but should have been a yellow - second one was quite brutal.

Miovski looks everything we hoped he would be - I had fears he was more an advanced midfielder that we’re trying to convert to a striker.

Solid 1-0 win is very welcome after last week’s keystone cops - albeit our two wins so far this season have been the exact scorelines we achieved in the same fixtures (first time round) last season.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Random thoughts:

As easy a 1-0 as you’ll get. 
St Johnstone’s tactics of spoiling, niggling & kicking their way through games is tedious. 
Considine should’ve been sent off.

Fantastic free kick.

St Johnstone will be relegated.

Davidson gone before the break in November. 

Hope your last point is true as it will make your second last point more unlikely! 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Center half said:

It was a spectacular executed free kick, But from a saints point of view three man wall? and not lined up correctly? if he had 4 in the wall as is normal the free kick becomes  so much more difficult ! But fair play to the youngster for punishing us with a great strike!    

It went over the wall ,not round it,so don’t understand your point tbh 

9 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Callum Davidson is not a football manager. Pathetic attempt to ‘chase’ a game.

If he won’t put the effort in to manage a football team I’m not putting in the effort to say any more than that.

Bye,don’t let the door catch your arse on the way out 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Random thoughts:

As easy a 1-0 as you’ll get. 
St Johnstone’s tactics of spoiling, niggling & kicking their way through games is tedious. 
Considine should’ve been sent off.

Fantastic free kick.

St Johnstone will be relegated.

Davidson gone before the break in November. 

Agree with your first two.  Not so sure about the saintees going down.  Thought they looked better than their fans would have you believe.  Don't get me wrong,  i  don't think they're great but it's a bot early to decide relegation.  And i doubt they'll sack Davidson unless they're adrift at the bottom. 

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Did Vinnie upset Considine during the short spell they were together at Pittodrie? First foul was tactical, but should have been a yellow - second one was quite brutal.

I thought that the brutality was clever.  Besuijen doesn't like it up him,  was having a bit of a game on the wing then wasn't.  He disappeared after physicality and not for the first time.  I guess Considine knew that.  Could (not necessarily should) have seen red for that though. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The one that was a very questionable foul? 🫤

Ha ha.  Do you mean pointless and stupid?  If so i agree.  Carey's Lee Milleresque tumbles were your best hope,  and he was taking the piss a bit.  It was really quite gratifying that it was his indiscipline that cost you. 

We were not great again but with three points i can delude myself that i've seen green shoots. 

Can't  complain about the 3 points and it is obviously a great asset to have a set piece artiste in  the squad. However , it was concerning that we couldn't convert the chances and the momentum into a 2nd or 3rd  to kill the game off. We will be punished for that in other games. 

Big Tony has to sort out his passing accuracy. As cute as some of the playing out from the back was, we could easily have shipped one or two if the Saints weren't gash, no offence.

Thought The Duk looks like he could be very handy, big and physical (a bit of the Kris Boyds)  he held the ball up really well was unlucky not to score and Hayes put in another excellent shift.

And i'm very sorry to learn the fan passed away, awful news. 

Just watched the highlights. Callum says that he was pleased with the performance up to the goal. Not quite sure why as we did nothing and creating nothing. The goal was coming the whole game up to then.

And apparently Aberdeen ‘sat in’ after they scored. He’s not watching the same game the rest of us are watching. 

Edited by Sh*teAndMuck

1 hour ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Just watched the highlights. Callum says that he was pleased with the performance up to the goal. Not quite sure why as we did nothing and creating nothing. The goal was cooking the whole game up to then.

And apparently Aberdeen ‘sat in’ after they scored. He’s not watching the same game the rest of us are watching. 

As soon as Aberdeen scored they went up a level - their confidence grew and they were playing through our midfield far too easily.

Insane.