St Johnstone vs Aberdeen 20/8/22

It was a spectacular executed free kick, But from a saints point of view three man wall? and not lined up correctly? if he had 4 in the wall as is normal the free kick becomes  so much more difficult ! But fair play to the youngster for punishing us with a great strike!    

Beaten by a much better team. Aberdeen battered us on the wings all afternoon and really should’ve had more than 1 goal for their efforts. 

We were shite. Don’t think I’ve got anything constructive to say really as I’ve been repeating myself for the best part of 2 years now. Guff. 

Might be in the minority here, but until Aberdeen scored, I don't think we were that bad and the game could have gone either way.

But, the lack of any real urgency once we conceded is concerning. Far too many times, we cut inside and go backwards when there is space and options further up the pitch.

Murphy had some real forward intent, which is refreshing, but it all exposes how light we are up front. We are all willing Bair to do well and he's probably worth of the starts at the moment based on what options we have, but he needs to be more vocal and angry. He had a reasonable shout for a penalty, but didn't really protest. 

Aberdeen looked decent and will be better than last season, but I doubt they will finish in that 3rd spot. Keeper looks a bit suspect to me, not that we forced him into any real saves.

All fades into insignificance when you hear the awful news about the fan before the game. 

Might be in the minority here, but until Aberdeen scored, I don't think we were that bad and the game could have gone either way.
But, the lack of any real urgency once we conceded is concerning. Far too many times, we cut inside and go backwards when there is space and options further up the pitch.
Murphy had some real forward intent, which is refreshing, but it all exposes how light we are up front. We are all willing Bair to do well and he's probably worth of the starts at the moment based on what options we have, but he needs to be more vocal and angry. He had a reasonable shout for a penalty, but didn't really protest. 
Aberdeen looked decent and will be better than last season, but I doubt they will finish in that 3rd spot. Keeper looks a bit suspect to me, not that we forced him into any real saves.
All fades into insignificance when you hear the awful news about the fan before the game. 
St Johnstone are a very tough team to break down,no where near relegation this season,what happened to the fan

5 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:
11 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

St Johnstone are a very tough team to break down,no where near relegation this season,what happened to the fan

Unfortunately he passed away. Fair play to the emergency services, they worked tirelessly on him. 

11 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Said in our thread, first half we were fine and going well, but within 5/10 minutes of the second half it was pretty obvious the game was going away from us. If we can see that, why can’t the manager - the one who is supposed to see these things.

The squad is there, imo, maybe striker apart. I still think this season is salvageable. With this management and their decisions, I’m not so sure.