St Johnstone vs Aberdeen 20/8/22

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'm thinking that 2-1 to St Johnstone is favourite but then I ponder that we look like we can score more than once but can St Johnstone score three times? Cursed it now but I think they can't so I'm going to say St Johnstone 2-2 Aberdeen or a Desmond (TuTu) as the scoreline is more commonly known...

...although this feels like recently that it always ends St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen but I feel like there are goals for both teams nowadays when Aberdeen come to town

Who plays down the left hand side for St Johnstone? That's where the game will be won, lost or drawn...

Adam Montgomery is left wing back. 

6 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Is he not injured?

Came off 'injured' on Saturday.

Miraculously recovered from a hamstring strain to be fit for selection this weekend.

EDSIT: Not quite fit, but touch and go.

Edited by Merkland Red

5 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Montgomery is one of the worst players we've had in recent years and never looked even vaguely up to it - which of course means he's going to have a blinder on Saturday.

He’s been steady for us, defensively a bit suspect but he’s improved every game. 

3 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Coulson fit again?

Unlikely reading between the lines of the REDTV press conference. 

MacKenzie LB in all likelihood.

Think we might go 4-3-3;

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales MacKenzie.
                          McCrorie.  
              Ramadani.    Hayes.   
    Morris.        Miovski.      Besuijen 

We might stick with 4-2-3-1 with that personnel.

Goodwin also said we had one or two carrying injuries so the above could be wrong. 

Be delighted if we see the last part. Maybe a hint we'll see May rather than Bair?

With the strikers, I'm almost at the point thinking we just stick MoH through the middle instead and be done with it. Probably leaning to continuing with Bair currently but need to see improvement.

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

Be delighted if we see the last part. Maybe a hint we'll see May rather than Bair?

With the strikers, I'm almost at the point thinking we just stick MoH through the middle instead and be done with it. Probably leaning to continuing with Bair currently but need to see improvement.

It's worked once IMO.