Diamonds v Alloa 20 August

We were really poor,got exactly what we deserved,absolutely nothing,and we'll be fighting relegation again this year.As bad as the signings were last season,at least we had signings.I doubt very much now that Rice has any decent contacts,lack of signings tells you as much.Had no expectations today,but we already look in trouble.I'm not alone in thinking this.Spoke to a few fans during the week,and most had no faith in us this season.Surely given that we give loan players a decent outlet to show the talent they have,you'd expect us to pick up quality loan players again.I can't accept that no team has loans to offer us,sorry I find it very hard to believe.

32 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

We were really poor,got exactly what we deserved,absolutely nothing,and we'll be fighting relegation again this year.As bad as the signings were last season,at least we had signings.I doubt very much now that Rice has any decent contacts,lack of signings tells you as much.Had no expectations today,but we already look in trouble.I'm not alone in thinking this.Spoke to a few fans during the week,and most had no faith in us this season.Surely given that we give loan players a decent outlet to show the talent they have,you'd expect us to pick up quality loan players again.I can't accept that no team has loans to offer us,sorry I find it very hard to believe.

I'm sure there are loads of loans available (we have signed two already). The difficulty is getting in quality players who will make us better and in the right positions.

Also a bit desperate to screenshot BBC match stats to try and undermine an argument, but to have two fans do it in the space of three posts is a particular minter.

So you are saying as well that Airdrie were lucky as well despite having 20 shots to the 4 Alloa had and majority of the ball?

14 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

We got the win which was deserved,even if there were a couple of narrow squeaks to let Murray show how good a goalie he is.

Lots of overplaying and final decisions being dodgy but I think it was quite enjoyable and not really just average. When finally Rhys put in a direct over the defence pass it was well drilled in by Gabby. Pity he got a knock but it meant Gal was on to do a Gal. It was a great assist by Jamieson. 

I thought Alloa looked much like last season in that they had good if safe passing spells but lacked that cutting edge. Their back four was quite resolute and I think they will be in mid table area again

. Calum Smith had one of those days and he needs a goal so against Dunfermline seems a fair place to start.

Top of League and much better start sees me comfortably relaxed after my Saturday curry .

Apologies to Craig Watson as highlights show it was his superb pass that set it up. 

13 hours ago, printer said:

Also a bit desperate to screenshot BBC match stats to try and undermine an argument, but to have two fans do it in the space of three posts is a particular minter.

Have to admit, I don't think it's desperate at all. I know stats aren't the be all and end all but isn't that exactly how you prove or disprove an argument? Facts. Data.

Anyway, really enjoyed the game yesterday. A right open game with some decent football on display. Sets us up nicely for next week at EEP.

17 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Not saying that it wasn't deserved at all. Chasing shadows for much of the game but if I'm changing the fabric of space-time it'd be much easier to nudge the Sammon header or the O'Donnell cross which happened at 1-0 than magic up another 3 or 4 Airdrie goals.

Anyway here's the man with the plan:

Murray Johnson and poor Alloa finishing definitely bailed us out a couple of times but Airdrie missed 2 or 3 chances essentially on the goal-line and a stramash so let's not be silly. 

Edited by airdrieman

18 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Last week we pump Falkirk 4-0 and all their fans are saying it wasn’t a pumping.

I wasn’t at the game today but from looking at the stats I don’t see where Airdrie got lucky but hey ho.

Looking forward to hearing what Dunfermline fans say next week if we win. IMG_5949.jpg

Alloa had more than 4 efforts at goal. They were all shite granted, but there was more than 4.

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Alloa had more than 4 efforts at goal. They were all shite granted, but there was more than 4.

That's definitely a category that should be added to the BBC stats.

Shots

Shots on target

Shite shots

1 hour ago, printer said:

That's definitely a category that should be added to the BBC stats.

Shots

Shots on target

Shite shots

Passing about the back is also easy possession when not under pressure.

Edited by LeodhasXD