East Fife v Forfar

On 18/08/2022 at 16:51, RateofKnots said:

Look, I really didn't mean to offend you, or any resident of Methil.

I don't want to get into a slanging match. I deleted my previous post because it was unnecessary. 

Apology accepted 🖤💛🖤

10 minutes ago, C_titz said:

That was pish. 

It was that, I didn’t think we deserved to lose but didn’t deserve to win either. I don’t dispute a foul was committed, even though it was unintentional, but I want to see the footage as it looked outside the box to me. Unfortunate for Hussien as he was having a decent game, Nditi and Flanagan both good too but as a whole lacking something.

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

It was that, I didn’t think we deserved to lose but didn’t deserve to win either. I don’t dispute a foul was committed, even though it was unintentional, but I want to see the footage as it looked outside the box to me. Unfortunate for Hussien as he was having a decent game, Nditi and Flanagan both good too but as a whole lacking something.

Definite foul for the penalty could see it coming as soon as the ball bounced . Draw probably would have been fair as both teams as bad as each other . 

we were saying the same after the game , we seem to be lacking something but no idea what it is. Too many winger type players up front. 

As the score line suggests not much between the teams. East Fife were the better team in the first half with no cutting edge, lots of corners and free kicks but nothing on the money. Forfar playing with wind advantage probably shaded possession and chances in the 2nd half but lacked a cutting edge as well. Think Forfar targeted a lack of pace in our full backs. Both Forfar wingers flattered but final ball never troubled our defence. I would have settled for the point but a very clumsy and rash challenge gave the ref a decision to make. Trouten opened up his East Fife account with a very cool penalty sending keeper the wrong way. Forfar have a lot of players that have played at higher level than league 2 and I’m sure they will be a match for every team in the league. We looked solid in the heart of defence, and Fleming did everything asked of him. Fair play to the young lads over the last two weeks really dug in for the clean sheet and took their chance when it came along. Wins breed confidence and the young lads are learning all the time. 

Can't believe he hooked Hanratty - who along with Flanagan were our only threats - and went one upfront but that's Irvine for you. Still say he's got Slater playing too deep and Moore is hopeless.

Results are garbage and the style of play is on Stuart Malcolm levels of boredom. 

53 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Yusuf Hussain had been off the park for a full hour. 

It was an interesting game as Forfar had clearly done their homework and identified Joao Balde as the main East Fife threat,  doubling up against him. Nditi did well against him for the most part but a clumsy challenge (from someone) presented us with a late penalty. 

I'm not sure where this anger against the Forfar management comes from. Yes,  you probably deserved a point today. But against a side just relegated,  away from home,  it's hardly a catastrophe. 

I think you look capable of making the play-offs. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It was an interesting game as Forfar had clearly done their homework and identified Joao Balde as the main East Fife threat,  doubling up against him. Nditi did well against him for the most part but a clumsy challenge (from someone) presented us with a late penalty. 

I'm not sure where this anger against the Forfar management comes from. Yes,  you probably deserved a point today. But against a side just relegated,  away from home,  it's hardly a catastrophe. 

I think you look capable of making the play-offs. 

The anger comes from watching it every week . 

2 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm not sure where this anger against the Forfar management comes from.

Unfortunately it comes from having to watch months of dire football from a manager who has no Plan B. If Plan A doesn’t work then we are fucked, which as has shown, is a lot of the time.

Forfar were definitely worse than I expected. Thought we were the better team over the piece but given how few clear cut chances both sides created a draw would have been fair. No idea if it was a penalty or not, I'll need to wait to see the highlights.

First time we've won consecutive league games since April 2021.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Forfar were definitely worse than I expected. Thought we were the better team over the piece but given how few clear cut chances both sides created a draw would have been fair. No idea if it was a penalty or not, I'll need to wait to see the highlights.

Definite penalty 

23 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I stated he was unfortunate, he got injured while having a decent game, I stand by that, how is being off an hour anything to do with it?

12 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Definite penalty 

I believe, hopefully the highlights show it how I thought I saw it, that the foul was committed just outside the box.

52 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

We’ve been chronic since the turn of the year.

no need to wait for the highlights it was a definite penalty. Very clumsy from Callum Moore to make a challenge like that in the box regardless of the minute of the game.

Nice to see shepherd just running about like a headless chicken again today and proving us all right.

I don’t rate him however I thought the stick he got was a bit overkill today though, the lad just wasn’t good enough & never got offered a contract with us yet was getting dogs abuse from some fans 😂

20 minutes ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

Nice to see shepherd just running about like a headless chicken again today and proving us all right.

I don’t rate him however I thought the stick he got was a bit overkill today though, the lad just wasn’t good enough & never got offered a contract with us yet was getting dogs abuse from some fans 😂

Scott Shepherd offered far more than anything Forfar had up top today. Your main threats came from Nditi,  Flannigan and your number 10 (forget his name). 

Shepherd has also hit 4 goals in 6 starts to date this season. 

17 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Scott Shepherd offered far more than anything Forfar had up top today. Your main threats came from Nditi,  Flannigan and your number 10 (forget his name). 

Shepherd has also hit 4 goals in 6 starts to date this season. 

We know our strikers are dog shit . Shepherd was one of them for the last 2 years 

Pretty in pink! 

First time I've seen us this season. Thought we looked the better side first half & was confident at half time. Balde looks a player, not scared to get stuck in, which is often a criticism of a flair player. Mercer looked confident. Fleming assured, does seem to make the simple look spectacular at times. 

Not sure we created enough for the 3 points but Forfar looked disappointing. Mccallum seemed to struggle with a couple of free kicks bouncing in front of him, wind mightve been a factor. Also will we ever create a chance from a corner? 

Away from the game, various road closures meant not time for pre-match pint, so that equalises the £3 increase, nice to get a macaroni pie for a change & glad Liam found another battery for the mic! 

All in all a good day & didn't need the jacket. 9points from 4 matches, probably more than anyone expected at this stage. 

Time to get the train out of the shed, rail strikes permitting of course! 

8 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

Looks in to me

FB_IMG_1661043847295.jpg