East Fife v Forfar

Ticket pricing is shocking across all levels in Scotland. Fans being charged £33 in the premiership, then £7 in the EOS leagues.

£10 for some lowland league games.

Sure I read Bonnyrigg froze there ticket prices, fair play to them.

2 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Quite an imaginative way of interpreting my response to you. Anyway why are you showing your face when PeeGee put you right in your place. Didn’t know little old Forfar had such obnoxious and bilious fans.

Look, I really didn't mean to offend you, or any resident of Methil.

I don't want to get into a slanging match. I deleted my previous post because it was unnecessary. 

Pre season east fife fans were dreading the worst but seem to have started not too bad? Guaranteed shepherd scores against us on Saturday . 

as for us , f**k knows if we will turn up or not but play like last week which I thought was decent and we should be ok. Some fans will disagree with this and be calling for irvines head. 

20 minutes ago, C_titz said:

Pre season east fife fans were dreading the worst but seem to have started not too bad? Guaranteed shepherd scores against us on Saturday . 

as for us , f**k knows if we will turn up or not but play like last week which I thought was decent and we should be ok. Some fans will disagree with this and be calling for irvines head. 

Like you say, it's hard to know which version of the team will turn up, but if they stop conceding avoidable goals, it would definitely be a positive.

Wow! Really did not expect some of the tripe  that has appeared on this post! Anyway, I stand by what I said, and we will be going to Brechin on Saturday.  This means that East Fife will be nearly £100 down by our absence, and I really hope a lot more people follow our example. I must make it clear, though, that this is not a slur on fans of either side. It is an attempt (probably hopeless) to bring it home to clubs that if they continue to take the piss out of the fans, it is they who will suffer in the long run. The sooner we get back to the days when the entry prices were set by the authorities at the start of the season, so that everybody has to charge the same, whether they like it or not.

Think about it.

18 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Wow! Really did not expect some of the tripe  that has appeared on this post! Anyway, I stand by what I said, and we will be going to Brechin on Saturday.  This means that East Fife will be nearly £100 down by our absence, and I really hope a lot more people follow our example. I must make it clear, though, that this is not a slur on fans of either side. It is an attempt (probably hopeless) to bring it home to clubs that if they continue to take the piss out of the fans, it is they who will suffer in the long run. The sooner we get back to the days when the entry prices were set by the authorities at the start of the season, so that everybody has to charge the same, whether they like it or not.

Think about it.

I always thought the league set price brackets per division rather than fixed prices?

That would still give leeway for some to charge more than others.

47 minutes ago, dipsy said:

Think about it.

You guys are lucky that you only might have to pay East Fife entry fee twice at most. EF do have some very loyal supporters who may have to pay the inflated prices 18 times this season.

Hi

5 hours ago, RateofKnots said:

Look, I really didn't mean to offend you, or any resident of Methil.

I don't want to get into a slanging match. I deleted my previous post because it was unnecessary. 

likewise I have followed your example and deleted my post. It too was unnecessary. May the best team win on Saturday.

There is no doubt that East Fife have got their pricing badly wrong.

They inflated season ticket prices and backtracked to include admission to two friendlies v Lowland Leaigue teams.

This then required them to set walk up rates at a ridiculous price to try and make season ticket prices appear reasonable.

That said, turn out from both home and Bonnyrigg fans was healthy for first league match at Bayview, although both sets of supporters made their feelings known about the pricing.

I think the pricing will really start to bite if the team fails to complete at the upper end of the table and fans drift away with no likelihood  that they will ever return.

I would not blame any fan for giving Bayview a miss during current economic climate 

12 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

You guys are lucky that you only might have to pay East Fife entry fee twice at most. EF do have some very loyal supporters who may have to pay the inflated prices 18 times this season.

Particularly in todays financial climate, that's brutal.

Anyway, the big question for this weekend… Will James Keatings finally be fit enough for the bench or will we have to wait another week? Almost two months now since we signed him and he still isn’t fit.

1 hour ago, fafc1885 said:

Anyway, the big question for this weekend… Will James Keatings finally be fit enough for the bench or will we have to wait another week? Almost two months now since we signed him and he still isn’t fit.

He’s a myth 

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

According to the website he should be fit enough for the bench. No doubt he'll twist his ankle in the warmup and be forced to miss another month 😄

Deary me the state of this thread is chronic.

onto the game I’m fairly confident going into this one, we’ve played very well the past 2 weeks & look good going forward.  East Fife will provide a sturdier test so it really could go either way. Hopefully Darren Whyte is fully fit & available from the start. 

I’ll go for a nice 2-0 victory, up the road with all three points & a clean sheet. Happy Saturdays.