JR’s Arabs v SR’s Buddies

7 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

They have Celtic next week United get hammerd Ross will be out the door. That will be destination championship or Falkirk for Ross. Shame moved to quickly from Saints before learning the trade properly, Goodwin is the same in my opinion should have stayed at least another season.  Glad they did not  club has restructured to a certain extent especially with Robinson assistant at Mothwell took over from Fitzie we have looked at Motherwell and said we can replicate that in Paisley in my opinion.  

Can you repeat that in English please? 

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Charles Dunne absolutely bullied him all day. He might let Fletch out his pocket so he can toddle off to training on Monday.

Charles Dunne put in a brilliant defensive display today, a real unsung hero. The tricky forward that United brought on at half time tried to beat him to a long ball in the far corner, and Dunne eased him out the way like he was up against a schoolboy and seen the ball out for a goal kick with complete ease. Dunne has the odd mistake in him as I’m sure everyone can see, but he never, ever shirks a challenge and he never misses a chance to put his body on the line for the team. At the start of the season I wouldn’t have bothered were he to move on; Aberdeen were apparently interested for a fee, and most St Mirren fans would have volunteered to drive him up the A90 themselves. I’m not sure there would be as many in the same boat now. 

With regards to Ayunga, I have been singing his praises since the Linfield friendly in pre season. As much as Main will rightly take the plaudits for putting the ball in the back of the net today, it’s been a while since St Mirren have had a forward with the quality of Ayunga. He can hold the ball up with his back to goal, has the strength to match up with opposing defenders and has the skill to actually beat a man and go past them. His finish against Linfield was top quality, and although he’s not repeated that in the league he’s shown enough to prove that he’s going to be a major asset for us. Even that second goal today, where the bit of skill doesn’t come off, he still has the strength and ability to beat the Dundee United player to the ball and lay it in to Mains path. He’s going to be an excellent asset for a team that will be relying on quick, accurate passing on the counter attack. That’s what impressed me most today, as much as Dundee United weren’t great, we managed to capitalise on 3 counter attacking opportunities by getting the ball forward quickly at the same time as showing a bit of quality in the final third.

Edited by IrishBhoy

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Agent Ross works his magic again. 

want GIF

Without a word of a lie, just sitting in my living room listening to some tunes, and just as I got to this post, ‘Gimme A Kiss’ from Def Leppard’s ‘Diamond Star Halos’ album came on the Bose. Strangely perfect marriage of sound and image. Have a greeny. 🙃

26 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

EASY! EASY!

Didn't want to mention the T*p 6.

Anyway as a long suffering Saints fan I'm just counting the days down to our next "Robbo must go" crisis - I'll say before the Feast of Samhuinn! 🧙‍♂️