JR’s Arabs v SR’s Buddies

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

When Thomson retired he should have become an estate agent.

He had experience of selling semis.

‘Shite jokes thread’ for this.

Anyway, I’ve no idea what to expect from the game tomorrow but I’m a bit worried about United fans getting on Ross’s back if things aren’t going well in the first 20 minutes.

On a separate note, whilst Levitt is a great signing on paper I hope he’s not going to be out injured for half the season.

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

‘Shite jokes thread’ for this.

Anyway, I’ve no idea what to expect from the game tomorrow but I’m a bit worried about United fans getting on Ross’s back if things aren’t going well in the first 20 minutes.

On a separate note, whilst Levitt is a great signing on paper I hope he’s not going to be out injured for half the season.

"Shite jokes thread" for this as well then 

13 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Thomson would finish way higher up the list of United's best players than Copland, and surely the premise is having been great for both clubs?

On the shite end, I remember Kevin McGowne being god awful!

Copland went on strike , if you remember , because of wee Jum's policy of all players must stay locally. I remember McLean saying that losing big Jackie from his squad was as bad as losing Andy Gray, and that's why , almost immediately , he re-signed Walter Smith from Dumbarton to fill the hole !

There was a masterstroke from Jack Ross in that Irn Bru game when we were crying out for a creative spark late on.

He's got ramshackle wing wizard Stelios sitting on the bench, a couple of weeks removed from his 2 goal man of the match performance against Hibs where he tore David Gray up for arse paper all night. Instead, JR brings on an 18 year old for his debut, to play the same position, who barely ever played for us again, then later reflected that he should probably have brought on Stelios.

I guess he was just too intimidated by Stelios' Mediterranean good looks and quirky, but sharp tailoring.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

So St Mirren sign Gogic. Clearly available at a reasonable wage. Meanwhile United sign a striker that is an unknown quantity and we still don't have a DM. 

Gogic wouldn’t sign for Ross.

9 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

There was a masterstroke from Jack Ross in that Irn Bru game when we were crying out for a creative spark late on.

He's got ramshackle wing wizard Stelios sitting on the bench, a couple of weeks removed from his 2 goal man of the match performance against Hibs where he tore David Gray up for arse paper all night. Instead, JR brings on an 18 year old for his debut, to play the same position, who barely ever played for us again, then later reflected that he should probably have brought on Stelios.

I guess he was just too intimidated by Stelios' Mediterranean good looks and quirky, but sharp tailoring.

TBF Connor O'Keefe had been excellent all season in the reserves and had been knocking on the door for a first team appearance for weeks.

That said, 10 minutes to go in a final where Saints are losing 2-1 did require a more experienced head in order to salvage something.

9 hours ago, McG said:

Gogic wouldn’t sign for Ross.

Interesting as I always took Jack Ross strong point was man management players and staff followed him out of Saints in large numbers. Watt ? Has Ross cracks under pressure remember he went into a stand to confront a fan. Fan could be a dick head but a manager should be well above that. 

1 minute ago, ZingaliMan said:

Interesting as I always took Jack Ross strong point was man management players and staff followed him out of Saints in large numbers. Watt ? Has Ross cracks under pressure remember he went into a stand to confront a fan. Fan could be a dick head but a manager should be well above that. 

If somehow Utd and their massive budget fail to get a result tomorrow, JR will be under serious pressure. 

9 hours ago, Munoz said:

If somehow Utd and their massive budget fail to get a result tomorrow, JR will be under serious pressure. 

Yep, the atmosphere may be quite 'interesting' should Saint Mirren get in front. Even more so should it come from a goalkeeping error 

Hoping there's a nice dependable illegal stream for this one.

United's recent comedy stylings should not overshadow the fact they've got a great, talented squad, ambitious owners and a manager.

They are favourites for this but I think we'll give them a game here. Narrow 2-1 home win. BTTS looks a nap.

IMG_9509.jpg
Shaughnessy being dropped to the bench for the returning Gallagher, and O’Hara replacing Kiltie and being made captain in the process… Don’t think many would have called either of those changes.