JR’s Arabs v SR’s Buddies

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Not normally a happy hunting ground for us. So, I predict…

1-4. ‘Oohhhh, that’s a honey of a goal!’ (Quiz time for auld fart Saints fans like me) 🙂

Are you sure? You've had a 2-1 and a 5-1 victory at Tannadice the last couple of seasons.

Was the 4-1 when you had that cool French guy in goals?

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Distinct lack of ‘Maureens’ in the thread title.  Other than that I hope we win.

Will Levitt be fit for this?

I thought my thread title was nice and respectful to both teams. No need for me to have titled it ‘1987 Scottish Cup Runners Up v The Mighty Maureens…. On reflection though, a better title than the one I went for. I could have mentioned penalty shootouts too. Be thankful I didn’t go there. 🙂

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Are you sure? You've had a 2-1 and a 5-1 victory at Tannadice the last couple of seasons.

Was the 4-1 when you had that cool French guy in goals?

Happy Butler Bulldogs GIF by Butler University

Ludovic Roy?

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I thought my thread title was nice and respectful to both teams. No need for me to have titled it ‘1987 Scottish Cup Runners Up v The Mighty Maureens…. On reflection though, a better title than the one I went for. I could have mentioned penalty shootouts too. Be thankful I didn’t go there. 🙂

^^^ Maureen pozbaird.

Keeper

Freeman Edwards Mulgrew Behich

Meekison Sibbald

Cudjoe McGrath Watt/Middleton

Fletcher

Freeman in for Smith as a better attacking option, picked up 5 or 6 assists during his run in the team early last season, Meekison in for Harkes (Levitt out for a few weeks) as Harkes does a lot of running without contributing very much and tough call between Watt and Middleton, Watt played well despite the lack of goals last season but has disappointed the last couple of games. What I would like to see (unless we miraculously bring in a decent defensive midfielder before then) but fully expect Smith and Harkes to start. 

Very early in the season but this already feels like an important game after 2 very timid performances. 

We've been looser at the back than a Dock Street thrupenny whore in the last two games.

Assuming JR has the lads doing the footballing equivalent of Kegels all week to tighten things up, we have to be aiming for a resurgent performance and a clean sheet.

Hope Cudjoe gets another start as he's looked the most spritely in recent games.

35 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Who’s the best/worst player to have played for both clubs? I’m going Billy Thomson/Alan Irvine.

Jackie Copland is the best player to have played for both Saints and Utd.

Not sure about the worst player, but I’ve never forgiven big Billy Thomson for letting a Peter Weir shot through his legs in the cup semi- final replay v The Dons at Dens park back in the day.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Not sure about the worst player, but I’ve never forgiven big Billy Thomson for letting a Peter Weir shot through his legs in the cup semi- final replay v The Dons at Dens park back in the day.

In recent times, Stevie Thompson and Keith Watson are probably the two best shouts.

3 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Billy Thomson was a great keeper for us, great. I was at that replay in Dundee, sat on a wet bench seat right behind the goal. Horrible night, horrible mistake, but he was fantastic. Big Thommo’ a shout for best player to have played for both? Has to be Copland though. Class act.

10 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

What a night that was. Goalkeeping mistakes all over the place from Billy Thomson and Jim Leighton, more from Thomson right enough.