The Mo v The Bully Wee

Second best all over the pitch. Clyde fans will say we've been poor, Montrose fans will say they've controlled the game.ย 

If teams press us up the pitch at goalkicks then we don't have an outball.

Wasnโ€™t there today, so I canโ€™t comment on how we played, but Iโ€™m trying not to get too hung up on that one. Montrose is always a difficult place to visit and it was made harder with a few injuries/a centre-half who seems like heโ€™ll never get a work permit. Kennedy missing out certainly made me a bit nervous about our left hand side and by the sounds of things, Duthie may have helped get us up the park too. A 2-1 defeat at Links Park shouldnโ€™t sap morale from the team too much.

Didnโ€™t sound like we really deserved anything from the game but Iโ€™m sure losing two goals from headers, and losing the second goal so soon after equalising, will annoy the management team.

Whilst Iโ€™m trying to look up rather than down the table, itโ€™s perhaps also nice from our point of view that Peterhead, Edinburgh and Alloa all lost, with Kelty only picking up a point (albeit a decent one). Itโ€™ll be an interesting game next week against FC Leisure Centre that I may even make the trip along to (even if they are charging ยฃ18 for the privilege).

Edited by Scott-Replay

The better team won and deserved to, we could have nicked a point and it wouldn't have been a total robbery.ย 

Montrose just a bit quicker and more physical all over the pitch.

Losing a goal from the corner is disappointing but not as frustrating as the fact we just continued playing sloppily in the moments after the equaliser.

Great to finally get 3 points under our belts and Rory get off the mark. Not at our best but every player put a shift in.ย 

Kerr Waddell was immense, nothing got past him and also netted his first goal to boot. ย Disappointed to lose the goal pretty much from our own corner and felt we should have pulled the trigger more, often an extra pass that wasnโ€™t required. Clyde could, and probably should have nicked a draw at the end which may have meant a slightly undeserved point.ย 

Didnโ€™t see game so canโ€™t comment too much; not getting too downbeat about the result but will wait to see goals. On face of it disappointing to lose headed goals, thought we might have sorted that with the 3 central defenders.

What I will say is that we are evidently still lacking quality in key positions which is frustrating as we have massively improved since last year. 2-3 players would make a world of difference but I suppose every team will say that.ย 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Certainly no classic but we done just enough to deserve the points. Good to see Rory get his first for the team. He's something we've been missing for years. Took his goal well, as did big Kerr. Annoying to lose a goal from a corner to us. Winning games like this is what will ensure our league 1 status..

Poor performance from us in comparison to the other league games.

Montrose were on top from the start of the game. We struggled to string a couple of passes together and Montrose closed us down very quickly.

We had a shot straight at the keeper which was only chance in the first half. Montrose scored when McAllister got a free header in the box.

We got ourselves back in the game when Gomis broke forward with the ball from a Montrose corner. He played it through to Allan who had a free shot on goal after the Montrose defender fell on his arse. Allan hit it low into the corner giving the keeper no chance

We then shot ourselves in the foot with Waddel getting a free header from a corner to score a few mins after the equaliser.

Not many chances after that for either side. We had a corner that everyone missed that got cleared off the line and the ball fell to Grant a few yards out right at the end but he volleyed it over the bar.

Thought Gomis, Lyon and McLean played well for us. The forwards had little service and couldn't hold it up, far too many high balls which were easy for Montrose.

Parry's distribution was awful, Peter Grant had a poor game and Hendji was all over the place postionally.

The subs we made were a bit bizarre with Lyon ending up at left back for 10/15 mins and Sula at right. Rodden then came on to play left back and Lyon moved back to right and Sula put up front.

Despite not playing great we were still in it right to the end. We are having no luck with left back/wing back that's 5 different players we've tried there.

Hopefully we can get some of the injured players back for next week.

A frustrating game to watch mainly because it always felt as if we could have got something without being pretty to watch.ย  Agreed, compared to previous games that was the poorest we've been, but even then the fact we came close to getting something is more annoying than losing.

Although Montrose probably controlled possession I wouldn't say we were ever fully under the cost at all in the game.ย  I don't remember too much Parry having to do.ย  Indeed what's more frustrating again is that the goals we lost were poor.ย  We had a bit of momentum, or at least were building some, when we equalised, but conceding such a piss poor goal knocked the stuffing out of us.

We seemed a bit sluggish at times in possession, and Gomis for me was guilty of a lot of that.ย  There were a number of hospital balls throughout the game, mixed in with some lumps up the park to an ever willing Jordan Allan, but even he can't be expected to do that much running.

Jordan Allan for me was man of the match, not just for his goal but his willingness to chase and pester, should have had a few fouls out of that as well which weren't given.ย  Felt big Sula was positionally a bit poor today, but given he's only played 2 and a bit games so far, definitely deserving of benefit of the doubt.

Not a disaster by any means, just annoying that we couldn't continue building the undoubted feel good factor that's evidently coming back into things.

For myself Montrose were the slightly better team yesterday and deserved winners of the game.Clyde will be fine this season,fair bit of experience in the squad and played quite well in spells.Thought Morgaro Gomis had a very good game especially for being 37.

As for Montrose a don't think we played brilliant and their is definitely room for improvement ,but we got the job done with quite a few injury's when they are all back we have a pretty strong squad and will hopefully be up at the top end of the table.

Disappointing to lose a goal so soon after equalising but felt it was a fair result anyway. Cunningham was a lot quieter this week and as a result we had no real threat apart from our goal and a couple of chances near the end. Could be doing with another couple of bodies - left hand side an obvious issue and a striker with a bit of presence so we're not chucking Sula up top when chasing games.ย 

Definitely having Kennedy, Cuddihy and Duthie back will boost us so hopefully they will all be back fully fit.

Wasn't there but going by twitter we just couldn't get the equaliser. Disappointed to loose a goal from a corner as we've looked decent in the air so far this season.
And...that big p***k got his token goal against us as per but I always assume we start -1 goal when he lines up against us

2 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

And...that big p***k got his token goal against us as per but I always assume we start -1 goal when he lines up against us

As per? He scored once in 6 meetings with Cove and can only remember a brace at Broadwood in his last couple of years at Peterhead. Mightve been a bit more prolific against us before that when we were rank rotten under Duffy.

13 goals in 31 games against Clyde apparently. He's played more times against us than anyone else.

He has scored more goals against Montrose than against any other side (21 in 28).

More bizarre than that, his best record in terms of goals per game is 13 in 13 games against Peterhead.