New shirt?

SpiderDee

Read somewhere they've only made 1500 shirts in total. So they were selling it in certain stores, they've kept a few back for the £30 extra cos its in a box edition meaning there might have only been 500 to a thousand actually available at half 8 yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Read somewhere they've only made 1500 shirts in total. So they were selling it in certain stores, they've kept a few back for the £30 extra cos its in a box edition meaning there might have only been 500 to a thousand actually available at half 8 yesterday. 

Think there was a limited number of shirts to buy in Edinburgh yesterday. 

6 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Minus the manufacturer's emblem presumably? 

Doesn't bother me but if you are into football tops it is the first thing that stands out when someone has a replica 86 or an 82 top bought from the likes of Toffs

No, it has the Addidas logo on it.

20230320_143820.jpg

It's worth noting that Adidas did something very similar with the Japan 100th Anniversary shirt they released in 2021.

On that occasion too, as well as the regular shirt they also made a 'boxed' version which was limited to 2021 pieces and cost a fair bit more (and is worth a fortune on eBay these days if you have one in good condition). Although in fairness that one was a properly nice box made out of prime Japanese wood, rather than what appears to be prime Scottish...cardboard. Adidas then produced a lot more of the regular unboxed ones, and it was still possible to buy them new online until fairly recently at a reasonable price. Not sure whether that was the call of Adidas or the JFA though.

So it might be the case that 1500 is the initial run, and they might be producing more later? If it was going to be limited to 1500, you'd think they'd number each one individually or something like that.

The last Ltd edition top was the maroon one we lost to Georgia in 2008. They were all numbered buy I'm sure they made 30,000 of them. 

If there's only 1500 of these then there must be something with them to identify them as a genuine shirt because they will be worth a tidy sum in 20 odd years. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

The last Ltd edition top was the maroon one we lost to Georgia in 2008. They were all numbered buy I'm sure they made 30,000 of them. 

The match was in October 2007.

I'd bought a tiny version of that kit for my 1 year old son at the time.  I didn't realise it was a limited edition.  It wasn't exactly a good luck charm for the team.

I had a bit of a mare with this. I get a 10% discount on eGiftcards with JD through my employer and I also noticed the discount code on twitter for 15%, so all in I was getting the top for £67.50.

Managed to get the top in my JD basket yet by the time I'd entered the discount code and the eGiftcard, the tops were out of stock. So now I have a £75 non-refundable JD eGiftcard sitting there that I can't use on a Scotland shirt as they're out of stock 🤣

I might bite the bullet and buy the boxed version if I can but I'll NOT be happy about it.

Buy the box set, keep it pristine in a drawer, and in twenty years time cash in - it’ll be worth more than sticking the equivalent amount into a traditional bank or building society type of investment these days.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Buy the box set, keep it pristine in a drawer, and in twenty years time cash in - it’ll be worth more than sticking the equivalent amount into a traditional bank or building society type of investment these days.

If the box set is cheaper than the expected price, I might be tempted to get it and keep it in a drawer then cash it in at some point in the future. 

5 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Mine arrived today and got it for £63. Quality is the exact same as the tops released last year. Looks brilliant!

Mines arrived earlier and likewise for £63. Best Scotland shirt released in the last 20 years. 

13 hours ago, pozbaird said:

20 years? God willing.

Think the SFA have dropped a bit of a clanger making this shirt a limited edition 3 game thing. Looking online just now, every clip or photo from today is filled with replies from non-Scottish folk on about the kit - if they sold it normally* i could easily see it becoming one of *those* shirts that crossover to a non-Scottish crowd - the way shirts like the Columbia one from the other year, that Ajax away shirt, the Japan shirt from 2018 etc essentially became fashion items. Not that it'd quite go as far as say, the Venezia kit, but it'd sell shitloads if it were both widely available and repeatedly worn (and consequently advertised) over the course of a year or two. 

I can only guess that it was designed/signed off on after the normal kit was already released, as no one in their right mind would chose that one over this. 

*Have seen mention of a full release at some point, which has to happen surely.

Edited by Fratelli