New shirt?

SpiderDee

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Yes they can. For comparison Amazon frequently cancel orders when they discover a misprice.

Fair enough, would've thought that'd be similar to wrong price stickers on stuff and stores having to honour it.  Seems a bit scummy, but then they are trying to sell football tops for 90 quid with a straight face.

7 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fair enough, would've thought that'd be similar to wrong price stickers on stuff and stores having to honour it.  Seems a bit scummy, but then they are trying to sell football tops for 90 quid with a straight face.

They don't. Some will as a goodwill gesture but it's entirely up to the shop, generally they will just tell you it's a mistake and then it's up to you if you still want it at the correct price. The whole "you have to sell me it at the marked price" thing is a myth that I know my rights type-customers seem to have latched onto for some reason.

Edited by Al B

2 hours ago, troopio said:

Nice top but have no time for people who moan about the price yet will still buy it? Fans are taken for mugs at all levels, why do 3/4 New Kits need released every season but as said the even bigger mugs are those who complain about it yet still buy them. The irony is the Clubs/Nations make barely any money on the Kit Sales so makes no sense?

Is pretty galling to see the absolutely deserved backlash it's getting, but then seeing that it's sold out in minutes anyway.  They'll get some grief for it, it'll die down, then the next top they release will probably be that bit more expensive again.  Rinse, repeat.

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

They don't. Some will as a goodwill gesture but it's entirely up to the shop, generally they will just tell you it's a mistake and then it's up to you if you still want it at the correct price. The whole "you have to sell me it at the marked price" thing is a myth that I know my rights type-customers seem to have latched onto for some reason.

This has made me sound like such a "customer is always right" w****r...I did retail for enough years, I know they're mostly c***s.  Cheers, I'd assumed there was some kind of ruling there to cover for genuine f**k-ups on their end.  Hopefully they don't cancel too many orders.

Edited by forameus

12 minutes ago, forameus said:

This has made me sound like such a "customer is always right" w****r...I did retail for enough years, I know they're mostly c***s.  Cheers, I'd assumed there was some kind of ruling there to cover for genuine f**k-ups on their end.  Hopefully they don't cancel too many orders.

Haha, not at all! Didn't mean it to sound like it was aimed at you in the slightest, apologies if it did. Just the scenario where you normally hear it quoted is someone having a right go at some poor sod behind a till somewhere.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See that JD is pretty much down across the board.

If they aren't going to honour the discount from earlier, I'll happily tell them to go f**k themselves and some mug can snap it up for £90.

Just checked my order and it's not been cancelled "yet". 

4 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Likely to have a spare top going if anyone is interested. I ordered a L and an XL and was gonna send one back depending on which one fits best. But if anyone is interested let me know.

I would be interested if either top was still available.

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

On DHGate already...not that I'm advocating piracy you understand.

image.thumb.png.9c439b6daa0f5deec18bdbc5c77212fc.png

Honestly, see the amount of money the SFA have lost out on with all this, it's going to be mental. Our TA was full of people looking to buy the new shirt, but since last night have turned to DHgate. Came into work this morning and have found another 5 who have now done exactly the same, all down to the price they are charging. 

It's the first time myself, and most of the others I have spoken too, have used DHgate (or the likes) so I hope the quality is good, but from a commercial perspective, it's a massive own goal by the beaks, especially with demand being as high.

35 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Mine's already arrived from DHgate. Superb quality.

Minus the manufacturer's emblem presumably? 

Doesn't bother me but if you are into football tops it is the first thing that stands out when someone has a replica 86 or an 82 top bought from the likes of Toffs

32 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Doesn't bother me but if you are into football tops it is the first thing that stands out when someone has a replica 86 or an 82 top bought from the likes of Toffs

I don't know about them all, because I have never used DHgate until last night, however the chat I was involved in stated that although the adidas logo is not in the pictures, when the top arrives it is there. Time will tell, but a few lads that had already received theirs said that it was on there.

29 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

It won't be in the picture but it will be on the top itself. 

I had the top in the basket yesterday morning at £63 but got the message that it was out of stock. Tried again, got to the same stage and it was £76 and again out of stock. Crashed after that and £90 was too much anyway. I'll probably just wait and pick one up at a cheaper price down the line. As others have said the SFA could have done really well had they produced loads and charged a bit less.