New shirt?

SpiderDee

3 minutes ago, forameus said:

If they charge even a penny more than the usual price, they can f**k off.  To be honest, if they even charge close to what the usual price is, they can also f**k off.  

Quite a few people saying they are £90 now - pretty poor. 

9 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Quite a few people saying they are £90 now - pretty poor. 

It is.  Sadly, it'll still sell like crazy, and validate the behaviour, and nothing will change.  You have to pay through the nose to even see the games, and if you want to kit out, say, a dad and a kid in the latest home shirt alone, you're looking at over a hundred quid.  This one could end up pushing £150.  

Not to mention the farce of bringing out a women's only top, then immediately changing the team over to using the new home kit.  Shameless.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Someone on Twitter saying the new top is going to be £90… 😬

Obviously could be nonsense, but pretty weird they aren’t posting the price anywhere when announcing it.

Have heard this price being banded about but i'm not sure if it's true or not. Me personally, I'll pay it and buy one........before people have a go at me, hear me out. I'm still attending matches in my Italy 90 shirt and I don't buy many of the Scotland kits, in fact I think I only own another 2. So for this shirt, I'll buy it, retire the old faithful Umbro one before it's damaged beyond repair and this will become my Scotland shirt for the next 20 years or so.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

It is.  Sadly, it'll still sell like crazy, and validate the behaviour, and nothing will change.  You have to pay through the nose to even see the games, and if you want to kit out, say, a dad and a kid in the latest home shirt alone, you're looking at over a hundred quid.  This one could end up pushing £150.  

I'm not sure I agree with this, £25 for an Adult ticket and £10 or £5 for a child, is reasonable in my opinion. The SFA have priced tickets very well since Clarke came in.

Edited by BB_Bino

24 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The SFA have kept ticket prices fairly reasonable over the last few qualifying campaigns so it'll take more than 1 special edition £90 top before I can get too annoyed at them.

They'd have some some set on them if they charged top dollar to attend Hampden.

It's a shite stadium. 

28 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm not sure I agree with this, £25 for an Adult ticket and £10 or £5 for a child, is reasonable in my opinion. The SFA have priced tickets very well since Clarke came in.

Sorry, should have said, meant the television coverage rather than going to the game.  I'd agree that the SFA have done a decent enough thing to get people into the stadium, but, particularly as we're getting better and tickets get a bit more scarce - not to mention those that were never going to be able to go in the first place - the price of getting to see the game is ridiculous.  

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

There's an option of buying the shirt with a commemorative box, a whisky miniature and a commemorative coin, it's possible that's what's £90.

I was passing JD so thought I would confirm, it’s £90 for the shirt only so who knows how much the extra package will cost. The SSC discount makes it slightly better though. 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The SFA have kept ticket prices fairly reasonable over the last few qualifying campaigns so it'll take more than 1 special edition £90 top before I can get too annoyed at them.

To their credit ticket prices have been good over the last few campaigns, however it doesn’t negate the poor pricing of this. 

Edited by No_Problemo

£90 is a sore one but I suspect it'll sell in massive numbers. Do you still get 20% off through the supporters club? 

Jd regularly give 10% off for signing up to emails and there are things like armed forces and blue light discount but best case scenario is bringing it down to somewhere in the region of 70 quid. 

There's an even more special edition kit next week probably the same top but it comes in a box f**k knows what they'll charge for that. 

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Baffled by the excitement surrounding this shirt and even more baffled that people are prepared to spend £90 on it. Shirt looks shite IMO.

4 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

It's dench af.

No idea if you are agreeing with that ridiculous assessment of the shirt or not 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Top on JD now. £90!.

£63 with SSC discount. 

Isn’t the discount 15%? 

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/blue-adidas-scotland-150th-anniversary-shirt/19451389/

Doesn’t actually look as nice as I originally thought and there’s absolutely no chance I can justify paying £90 for a newly released football shirt

Callum McGregor is just a shite model IMO…