New shirt?

SpiderDee

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

It should have been plain white on the sleeve trim. A simple and effect design.

Perhaps someone like @pozbairdcould demonstrate how it could have looked with plain white collar and plain white sleeve trim ala 1967 Baxter/Law. 

Instead it’s just modern graphic design pish. 

Totally agree.

The classic 1967 shirt was in fact a copy of County’s 1965-66 strip. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Could they not have just used the original strip and added white trim to sleeve and collar?

9B043948-35DA-4EF7-8271-0A8A7B236116.thumb.jpeg.a0467f9df7337eeba3eb80460c758fb5.jpeg

I think the hoops will be to symbolise Queen's Park socks. They probably won't go balls out with hooped socks in 2023 (besides, too many stripes for Adidas).  A couple of pages back the original kits were posted* and Queen's Park also had their 150th anniversary in 2018 with two or three hoops on their socks.

I get the gist of what you are saying though. It's not historically accurate, so critics of the kit will point to the fact that it should have been more traditional and simpler still. But the sportwear manufacturers need to get their shit on there as well and this may have been the compromise.

Posted by @Todd_is_God

Screenshot_20230208_215722_Opera.jpg

Edited by IggyStooge

On 10/02/2023 at 23:19, IggyStooge said:

A very decent wee infographic from the SFA here. Some of the 'landmark' results are a slightly tinpot though.

https://150.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-football-history/scotland-kits/

PTTGOYN for this pish, but I think that graphic should be the other way up, i.e. the earliest kits at the top of the page. I know what the recent ones look like, I shouldn't have to scroll past them to see the ones I don't

6 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

On a related topic, how do you get the discount from JD Sports as a Supporters Club member?

Was going to say it feels like a secret, but I’ve probably missed something obvious!

Usually the discount code emails in a email from the SSC. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Someone on Twitter saying the new top is going to be £90… 😬

Obviously could be nonsense, but pretty weird they aren’t posting the price anywhere when announcing it.

I read it’ll be worn for three games.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I read it’ll be worn for three games.  

Yeah - only Saturday and the England game for the mens team I think?!

I was going to get it, but if the cost is £90 I’m not willing to be ripped off to that extent given they are normally £65.