New shirt?

SpiderDee

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

The wee man got a new Scotland home top for Christmas, he's now wanting to get a player name and number on it.

Is there anywhere in or around Glasgow that will do proper authentic printing? It's a very particular font that Adidas have for the numbering just now and he wants to get it just right.

As far as I am aware JD Sports are the sole stockists of the kits, so they should be able to do it for you. They certainly do it if you order the shirt online

That said, as it is an Adidas template the likes of Greaves Sports might stock them too. 

15 hours ago, Hauzen said:

The wee man got a new Scotland home top for Christmas, he's now wanting to get a player name and number on it.

Is there anywhere in or around Glasgow that will do proper authentic printing? It's a very particular font that Adidas have for the numbering just now and he wants to get it just right.

I’ve heard of other people going to Greaves for printing. They don’t sell Scotland kits as far as I know but they’ll have the adidas font for the other international kits.

I’d imagine JD have it in as well but I would trust Greaves to do a more professional job than them.

I don't know the reason but its arguably not a part of the historical kit having not been a fixture for the first 70 years. Its ingrained in the consciousness as it had been fully adopted when we were qualifying for world cups and colour TV- although we had been flirting with it since the 50s and even red hoops in the 30s.

The navy isn't part of the saltire either.

The saltire is sky blue reflecting the cross of St Andrew appearing as a cloud against the sky before the battle at Athaelstanford.

The navy blue in the Union Jack was a practical adoption when flying the flag at sea where the salt air and sun would have bleached the sky blue to white too easily.

And no I don't have any friends or hobbies.

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't know the reason but its arguably not a part of the historical kit having not been a fixture for the first 70 years. Its ingrained in the consciousness as it had been fully adopted when we were qualifying for world cups and colour TV- although we had been flirting with it since the 50s and even red hoops in the 30s.

The navy isn't part of the saltire either.

The saltire is sky blue reflecting the cross of St Andrew appearing as a cloud against the sky before the battle at Athaelstanford.

The navy blue in the Union Jack was a practical adoption when flying the flag at sea where the salt air and sun would have bleached the sky blue to white too easily.

And no I don't have any friends or hobbies.

Thanks for this (you saddo) 👍

"The first official international match between England and Scotland took place on November 30 1872 in Glasgow. All eleven Scottish players came from Queen’s Park who turned out in their club kit. Navy and white are the national team’s first choice colours to this day."

tumblr_lo29kaSxg51qaky2jo1_500.gif

Is it really true that in all that time Queen's Park have only ever returned to that colour scheme once (2016-18) in terms of the home kit?

queens_park-2016-2017-1st.gif.379864b88076fc515f14308db3519b89.gif

If the arithmetic is correct then that must have been to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the club.

Edited by IggyStooge

6 hours ago, IggyStooge said:

Is it really true that in all that time Queen's Park have only ever returned to that colour scheme once (2016-18) in terms of the home kit?

queens_park-2016-2017-1st.gif.379864b88076fc515f14308db3519b89.gif

If the arithmetic is correct then that must have been to coincide with the 150th anniversary of the club.

Your maths is correct. That kit was indeed for our 150th anniversary.

The deal with Adidas (now extended to at least 2028) is not the first time a Scotland international team taken to the field adorned in die Marke mit den drei Striefen.

An Adidas kit was worn in the Victory Shield in 1994 consisting of one of those baggy efforts of the day with the garish goalie top thrown in for good measure. Looks very similar to a template Rangers had at the time of Gascoigne, Goram et al - except with an oversized white collar instead of the standard crew neck.

Screenshot2023-02-09at13-10-49ScotlandvEnglandSchoolboys.VictoryShield94(PartRecorded)-5thMay1994.png.bb2efd2df402b2848eaf94eae128efc6.pngScreenshot2023-02-09at13-05-32ScotlandvEnglandSchoolboys.VictoryShield94(PartRecorded)-5thMay1994.png.75298fff3b2f37cd8121fb2059a7d3e2.pngScreenshot2023-02-09at13-04-18ScotlandvEnglandSchoolboys.VictoryShield94(PartRecorded)-5thMay1994.png.7060674d5c9f8f5ac822ff2b5ed99fc7.png

The mid-nineties were shocking for kit design and, barring a couple of away tops, I am glad we escaped relatively unscathed. All those wide stripes over the shoulders and day-glo keeper kits have not stood the test of time at all. We'd have looked a bit like '98 Yugoslavia if we had Adidas back then.

Scotland-1996-adidas-fantasy-home-01.pngScotland-1998-adidas-fantasy-home-01.png

The away kit is acceptable in the template of France circa 90-94. As is the more understated Yugoslav-lite 1990 home template.

Screenshot2023-02-09at13-36-34FantasyKitFridayScotlandinadidasatItalia90.thumb.png.a47b2f05e031f1d7fb2453eb8ffda7b6.png

See https://museumofjerseys.com/2020/06/12/fantasy-kit-friday-scotland-in-adidas-1996-and-1998/ for the kit designs.

And, aye, I do have too much time on my hands today, obvz.

PS - The website is nothing to do with me! But it's a great find nonetheless. They do some great work and there is a Scottish guy among their ranks, he may even be the main man, not sure.

Edited by IggyStooge

Just one more thing. I wouldn't have minded having the Women's bespoke kit for a year or two. Just chucking that kit after releasing it during one summer for a tournament we didn't even qualify for was a scandalous rip-off. The centered badge does still rankle though. Yet another 90s design quirk that seems to be making a comeback. Quality kit though with the understated purple and also the yellow being fresh(ish) in a home kit.

Screenshot2023-02-09at13-43-23Scotland2022WomensHomeKitReleased.png.aaad71c0fd3caff10709868df9dd7861.png

Edited by IggyStooge