New shirt?

SpiderDee

Why are the women moving to this kit?

Scotland's women just had a new bespoke home kit released at full price in March this year and the release article confirms they are moving over to this strip.

So they got, literally two games from it. That's a complete rip off to anyone who bought their home shirt (which was full price at £65) that it's now out of date in less than six months, no?

image.png.b9ebf20cc5ef1419fee6a6dd0fca63e2.png

image.png.8b7c9a7ede3682aab905a1b120ffb319.png

image.png.7cf93f3aaceabdc37d138fb9610fb0c4.png

image.png.791ac21f0f23e9aff574feef0bcd3de2.png

Edited by djchapsticks

Scotland have until the euro 96 kit always worn white shorts. These days they seem to rotate the shorts as well as the red or blue socks. 

This kit would have benefitted from  being all one colour as the white looks out of place. 

As for the away right blue shorts they won't match the home kit so cannot be interchanged and also for some reason remind me of scotrail. 

25 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Isn't blue shorts a recent thing? Other than the stripes ones for Mexico 86, they've always been white until the recent trend for one colour kits, surely?

I thought that was a UEFA/FIFA/TV thing?

18 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:
White shorts on the home kit is always wrong. Those shorts on the away kit actually look quite smart though.

Eh? Blue top and white shorts was the norm for over 100 years.

And it was wrong for 100 years.

31 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Delighted to see the white shorts back, red socks too much to ask for? Home kit should then be brilliant but there is something not quite right about the top, needs a bit more white. Like the away one. 

I think there's more white on the back/underarms.

image.png.7cefd7fd8b2925249fd149712e160594.png

I don't mind it, would look nice with red socks but blue is also okay in my opinion.

Bland, plain shite really.  It's not bad, but it's not even the best example of a clean design there's been.  It's mental that the price of these keep on rising whilst manufacturers do their best to just do one or two templates and change the colours.  The shorts on the away also have the whiff of Primark swimwear about them, and I'm not sure fit in at all

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Why are the women moving to this kit?

Scotland's women just had a new bespoke home kit released at full price in March this year and the release article confirms they are moving over to this strip.

So they got, literally two games from it. That's a complete rip off to anyone who bought their home shirt (which was full price at £65) that it's now out of date in less than six months, no?

That's fucking criminal.  It's bad enough that they bring out a barely updated one every two years, with little in the way of reductions until each shirt is literally obsolete, but to do that in 6 months - presumably as a way of trying to ride the Women's Euros wave (despite us not getting there) - is dreadful.  

I'll buy both, but that's more down to the fact that I have a very large disposable income rather than actually liking either shirt. To put it into context, if I were to drop a £100 note in the street, it wouldn't be worth my time picking it back up.

Edited by Barry Ferguson's Hat

15 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I'll buy both, but that more down to the fact that I have a very large disposable income rather than actually liking either shirt. To put it into context, if I were to drop a £100 note in the street, it wouldn't be worth my time picking it back up.

Can you tell me where you live so that I can follow you round the streets?