New shirt?

SpiderDee

Scotlands home kit had yellow on the collar 94-96  and at no other point in our history. 
The closest was the bits of gold in the mid 2000s.
There was occasionally manufacturers' logos in yellow as a counterbalance to the yellow in the badge but only that one other instance as part of the design of the jersey.

And the 1988, 1990 and 1992 & 2003 kits all had yellow manufacturers' logos.
https://www.footballkitarchive.com/scotland-kits/#1980s

And yellow has been our away colour quite a few times too.
And yellow is the background to the badge.

It's not a conspiracy, it's one of our colours.

4 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

And the 1988, 1990 and 1992 & 2003 kits all had yellow manufacturers' logos.
https://www.footballkitarchive.com/scotland-kits/#1980s

And yellow has been our away colour quite a few times too.
And yellow is the background to the badge.

It's not a conspiracy, it's one of our colours.

I literally said all of that in my post.

Green is one of our colours too as that's on the badge and we can have salmon pink sleeves on the home kit as we have that as an away colour too. 

Green is one of our colours too as that's on the badge and we can have salmon pink sleeves on the home kit as we have that as an away colour too. 

Aye you did mention the manufacturer thing - sorry, I misread your post.

The point about salmon pink though falls rather flat as it has never been near a home kit in any shape or form since the change from the Roseberry colours over a century ago. It was also a novel away kit, once.

Yellow *is* in the crest, *has* been on the home kit more than once and has been our away kit colour of choice no less than 9 times, as well as being our GK colour 12 times (14 if you count the kaleidoscopic nightmares of the 1996 goalie tops).

It's for that reason that I'm not particularly flabbergasted about the yellow flashes in the new kit. It's an interesting change, but it's not a radical new colour for us.

6 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Aye you did mention the manufacturer thing - sorry, I misread your post.

The point about salmon pink though falls rather flat as it has never been near a home kit in any shape or form. It was also a novel away kit, once.

Yellow *is* in the crest, *has* been on the home kit more than once and has been our away kit colour of choice no less than 9 times, as well as being our GK colour 12 times (14 if you count the kaleidoscopic nightmares of the 1996 goalie tops).

It's for that reason that I'm not particularly flabbergasted about the yellow flashes in the new kit. It's an interesting change, but it's not a radical new colour for us.

Scotland 'home' jerseys were pink and yellow between 1899-1901 and 1905-8.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

So far then, we have blue, white, red, green, yellow and pink. Oh, and don't forget maroon. Have I missed any?

Is anyone seriously saying those are all "our" colours? Stop this nonsense - it's navy blue and white.

So far then, we have blue, white, red, green, yellow and pink. Oh, and don't forget maroon. Have I missed any?
Is anyone seriously saying those are all "our" colours? Stop this nonsense - it's navy blue and white.
I'd argue our primary colours are dark blue, white and red (surely only a foaming madman would disagree with red?)
My point is that, outwith these three, yellow is evidently *much* more commonly used than any other colour. Thus, it's a Scotland colour.

If that's legit then I have to say, it's incredibly boring. Probably need to see the kit in full before making a judgement but that jersey isn't doing it for me. 

Still an improvement from the coffee-stain patterned jersey horror-show we have right now. 

On 18/08/2022 at 09:36, Stag Nation said:

Don't forget our orange shorts v Switzerland in the 1954 world cup.

I suppose it doesn't matter but ultimately all life is a futile waste of time so you might as well get annoyed about something. 

On 18/08/2022 at 09:59, Gordopolis said:

My point is that, outwith these three, yellow is evidently *much* more commonly used than any other colour. Thus, it's a Scotland colour.

But only since the practice of selling replica shirts to gullible fans at inflated prices began, and thus required regular changes of design. Not something to be encouraged. White served well for decades. End of rant.

But only since the practice of selling replica shirts to gullible fans at inflated prices began, and thus required regular changes of design. Not something to be encouraged. White served well for decades. End of rant.
It's a fair point. I'd be more than happy just locking in the 1967 kit forevermore.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

another view of the new kit.

image.png.04ca3b5df587f0491c292564bfe44038.png

How is that fresh or a bit different?  It’s a decade old template with, from what I can make out, minimum of dazzle.

Edit: women’s kit is much nicer.  Sweden change kits have, often, been glorious, and that would make an excellent Sweden change kit.

Edited by Savage Henry

Not a massive fan really, I think its lazy and the worst adidas kit so far. It would have looked better with blue shorts.

As for the away it's slightly better but the purple stripes look shoe horned in as the rest of the accent colour is bright blue.