Hibernian v Rangers

I would have thought my point was very obvious. Why would Rod Petrie, who was apparently complaining about this shameful treatment of Hibs for years, become the most powerful person in the SFA and decide to do nothing at all about it? Why would a lifelong Hibs fan and long-time Hibs chairman preside over an organisation which served two clubs to the detriment of his own? And why is a match in which Rangers had two men sent off against Hibs evidence of this?

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I would have thought my point was very obvious. Why would Rod Petrie, who was apparently complaining about this shameful treatment of Hibs for years, become the most powerful person in the SFA and decide to do nothing at all about it? Why would a lifelong Hibs fan and long-time Hibs chairman preside over an organisation which served two clubs to the detriment of his own? And why is a match in which Rangers had two men sent off against Hibs evidence of this?

Rodders is president, he probably spends most of the week on Longniddry golf course and leaves the real work to Maxwell and Doncaster.

Remind me, when did I say that match was "evidence" of anything?😂

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hibs think nothing of the sort, it's pure theatre and nothing else. Rod Petrie is literally the president of the SFA.

Incorrect.  And Rod has no attachment to our club anymore either.

Our CEO already met the head of refs in February time.

Every club should be encouraged to do the same to show the hypocrisy of moaning faced OF. 

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

What could he possibly do? Display a bias towards Hibernian when all we want is any sort of level playing field. 

He isnt a lifelong fan either.  Hes an accountant from Aberdeen who had very little interest in football?

We should have had a penalty at a crucial time to go ahead but instead went behind to a dubious one.  Should we not ask why the referee wasn't consistent with them just because Morelos raised his hand and rightly got sent off and Lundstrums was borderline anyway? Just forget the penalty incidents because lucky us finally got a wee break after two baffling decisions against us?  We say fk all and the **** complain we all know what happens next game. 

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would a lifelong Hibs fan and long-time Hibs chairman preside over an organisation which served two clubs to the detriment of his own? And why is a match in which Rangers had two men sent off against Hibs evidence of this?

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

HIBS have reportedly contacted the Scottish FA to discuss 'refereeing inconsistencies' following their 2-2 draw with Rangers on Saturday.

The fixture at Easter Road was marred by controversial referee decisions by Willie Collum.

There was no shortage of drama between Hibs and Rangers on Saturday.

Both managers were unhappy with how Collum handled the fiery fixture in Leith.

It all started when Rangers were awarded a penalty early on after Antonio Colak was deemed to have been hauled down in the area.

There was to be further controversy though as the away side were reduced to nine men in the second half.

John Lundstram was given his marching orders after he tactically fouled a Hibs player with a sliding challenge.

Several pundits have since slammed the decision, feeling that it should only be a yellow for the ex-Sheffield United midifielder.

Morelos was then rightfully sent off after he struck an opposition player with his arm.

Hibs also had a strong penalty shout when Rocky Bushiri went down after wrestling with Rangers captain James Tavernier.

And now Hibs have taken action in the aftermath of the match.

According to Edinburgh Evening News, Hibs chief have contracted the Scottish FA to discuss 'refereeing inconsistencies' that were present in the match.

They also went on to say that one of the issues raised is believed to to do with the two penalty incidents in the first half of the match at Easter Road.

The Hibees want an explanation why they were not awarded a penalty kick for Tavernier's challenge on Rocky Bushiri.

They feel that the Light Blues' captain illegally hauled down their defender.

Rangers also took action after the match after they appealed the decision to send off Lundstram.

They also reportedly want to discuss Collum's performance on Saturday in line with rivals Hibs.

16 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

What could he possibly do? Display a bias towards Hibernian when all we want is any sort of level playing field. 

He isnt a lifelong fan either.  Hes an accountant from Aberdeen who had very little interest in football?

We should have had a penalty at a crucial time to go ahead but instead went behind to a dubious one.  Should we not ask why the referee wasn't consistent with them just because Morelos raised his hand and rightly got sent off and Lundstrums was borderline anyway? Just forget the penalty incidents because lucky us finally got a wee break after two baffling decisions against us?  We say fk all and the **** complain we all know what happens next game. 

Not according to a highly experienced ex top level ref, it was Tav who was being fouled.

On the actual football and not the constant overanalysing and greeting about decisions……

Josh Campbell was absolutely superb, other than the goal, it’s by far his best performance for us, he seems to have improved since Johnson’s come in, not sure if it’s confidence or the style of play suiting him better but he may not be playing for Bonnyrigg Rose in 5 years after all. If he can cut out the shite passing and negativity (like he has this season so far) I would rather have him in the team than Newell, attitude is far better and does far more work.

Having said that, Newell wasn’t bad on Saturday however I don’t know who he bribed to give him the sponsors man of the match award.

And another shout for Marijan Cabraja, guy is the same age as me and to lose his dad and play like he did is incredible, be lucky if I could tie my shoes if that happened to me, what a footballer he appears to be aswell.

If you want to put a whole lot of time and energy into talking about marginal refereeing decisions and endorsing public attacks on referee performances then don’t find yourself in the VAR thread in a few months time moaning about how shite it is. 

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

"Gaslighting" appears to be the new in-word on P&B.

I never thought I would need a dictionary of "modern phrases" for Bennys posts, P&B always full of surprises.

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you want to put a whole lot of time and energy into talking about marginal refereeing decisions and endorsing public attacks on referee performances then don’t find yourself in the VAR thread in a few months time moaning about how shite it is. 

I am not a VAR fan anyway - especially the Poundland version we will get - but its coming and I think it might help some snap decisions, it really depends on what is flagged up by the eye in the sky.

From the match the other day, I would think the penalty call (tavernier on Bushiri) and Lundstroms red as those which I would hope the VAR ref flagged up as worthy of additional review. Of course, Collum could still have gone with his original decision for both.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I never thought I would need a dictionary of "modern phrases" for Bennys posts, P&B always full of surprises.

I am not a VAR fan anyway - especially the Poundland version we will get - but its coming and I think it might help some snap decisions, it really depends on what is flagged up by the eye in the sky.

From the match the other day, I would think the penalty call (tavernier on Bushiri) and Lundstroms red as those which I would hope the VAR ref flagged up as worthy of additional review. Of course, Collum could still have gone with his original decision for both.

I think the penalty is a classic example of why VAR won’t solve these issues. 

Some refs would give that, some wouldn’t. I think in both instances VAR would stick with the original decision. 

Have any Rangers fans criticised Morelos for his absolute fucking stupidity. That's a big reason why you didn't win the game. You would probably have held out with 10 men but 9 made it much more difficult or is it just easier to blame the ref

I don't think Morelos getting sent off was a "big" reason Rangers lost. I'd say it was the exact reason they lost. Hibs were struggling to break down 9 men and it took a cracker to find the net. If that fuckwit had stayed on I really don't think Hibs would have equalised.

Anyone blaming Collum and not their fuckwit animal of a player really need their heads checked.

[mention=12169]19QOS19[/mention] Greenie for dropping in the words "Rangers lost" twice above [emoji38]
I await the meltdown from Bennie with interest.....................
I don't know how to make words bold on the app sadly.