Hibernian v Rangers

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Trippier sent off for similar challenge to Lundstrom, ref reviewed it and he altered it to a yellow.

Funny as f**k................

I thought the Trippier foul was a red all day long. As were the Lundstrom and Callaghan fouls.  Given that Callaghan and Trippier both ended up with yellows, I’d suggest Lundstrom might well get that overturned.  What is equally obvious is that I don’t know the laws of football. 

The best goalkeeper in the country has his say.

Asked about the penalty, the Hibs captain said: “You can’t argue, really, can you? Rocky’s got his hands on the striker, so, yeah, there’s no argument.

“Put it this way, if it’s not given, I don’t think Rangers are up in arms, but it’s still hands on the player.

“Yes, the ball was coming straight to me, but I think we are in a different era now. I think you have to realise these things can happen and you have to defend smarter.

“Listen, it’s a contact sport and anyone who has been watching football for years knows that maybe 10 years ago that was never a penalty. But, like I say, it’s a changed game now.

“Obviously, we’ve got VAR coming in, so these things will get picked up. It might help clear things up. But I think that is why we watch football. Everybody has got an opinion. I wouldn’t be arguing the referee had a poor game anyway.”

Marshall added: “There is still interpretation there. Some people won’t think it’s a pen, some people will. I suppose you are getting a final decision anyway.

“Red card, red card, there is no point in arguing. With the Morelos red you can’t really argue because the movement of the arm is there. With Lundstram, you have expected a booking because he has done it.

“But, as I say, the game has moved on, you have to be careful if you are tackling people from behind and are not intentionally getting the ball. Aye, there are still going to be arguments.

“But I looked at back all three and I couldn’t argue that any of them were wrong. Are they soft? Yeah, maybe, potentially. But the game has changed and you have to be smarter on the pitch.”

18 hours ago, Clown Job said:

DD20CFFD-EF9D-47B3-9F30-E97C4BE67F39.jpeg

Dear me.

Reminds me of am incident where Rangers were leaving Easter Road all grumpy again and a bit of verbals between two middle aged men from the opposing sides descended into the blue corner  saying "Aye, we all ken whit school you went tae".

Quick as a flash our heroic HIbernian lad responded "George Heriots School for Edinburgh's young gentleman and don't you forget it dear boy." 😆

It is utterly pathetic that Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) can't just appeal a decision without there needing to be an investigation, or a complaint about a specific referee, or a letter raising concerns.

They were the beneficiary of one highly contentious, game changing decision on Saturday. They were on the wrong end of another. There can't really be any serious complaints about the Morelos red, surely? And as far as Lundstram goes, if you don't want to risk a red card don't slide tackle someone from behind with your foot coming up to knee height when the ball is miles away. VAR may well have knocked it down to a yellow but I can see why Collum went for a red in real time. Same goes for the Rangers penalty - the contact was minimal but ultimately Bushiri had his hands on Colak and in that instant the referee has to interpret what has happened.

25 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

And as far as Lundstram goes, if you don't want to risk a red card don't slide tackle someone from behind with your foot coming up to knee height when the ball is miles away. VAR may well have knocked it down to a yellow but I can see why Collum went for a red in real time. Same goes for the Rangers penalty - the contact was minimal but ultimately Bushiri had his hands on Colak and in that instant the referee has to interpret what has happened.

Don’t think ‘knee high’ was the problem. 

64D84010-DFA5-4DA4-9B00-40B2EC96BA90.jpeg

The actual contact wasn’t as bad as that still image makes it look. Red cards have been given for those kinds of tackles many times over the years and haven’t been overturned. See for example this one - Danny Swanson on James Forrest at 1:22 in the video - which is pretty much identical.

The stuff about the Doyle-Hayes one looking worse is a load of pish too. At least the ball was somewhere in the general vicinity for his tackle and his foot was along the ground.