Edinburgh Vs The Bairns

13 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We need to give Carroll minutes too in amongst that. If we can get him involved in 10-15 minute cameos initially then it will benefit us massively. 

McGlynn said at the FSS event he'll be looking to get him on as much as possible when games are dead and buried.

Quite surprised at how little Edinburgh offered considering they've made some decent signings, that said they clicked on to Hogarth not being as comfortable passing out from the back and probably should have equalised in the first half.

That aside I thought we were really good throughout the game with McCann, Oliver and Morrison impressing, our left hand side was making everything happen.

Alegria tries really hard and did well enough linking play and being a nuisance before tiring after an hour, that said I think we saw enough from the subs to think that we'll see him benched pretty soon.

Brilliant to see us giving a chance to Carroll and for him to look more than comfortable, hopefully see more of that as the season goes on.

56 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

After years of the team being jeered off the pitch at fulltime in every game, that felt significant for me. 

Another sign that maybe, finally, we've hit rockbottom and are now on the way up again. 

AAA_7858.jpg

Cracking pic. Two of my boys are in it 😁. Wee things like that make it all the more special for them.

Can’t quite make up my mind if that’s the worst place in Scotland to watch football.  I previously had Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers as joint worst, but there’s nothing to rate Meadowbank for - it’s just a bit of Astro with no facilities!

Difficult to tell from our vantage point, but felt like we really controlled the game well today and could have scored 5 or 6.  Thought McCann was exceptional, Morrison and McGuffie played well, and so refreshing to see a front two.  really impressed with Lawal as well.

We won the game with our passing with much better running off the ball/into space than usual.

13 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Can’t quite make up my mind if that’s the worst place in Scotland to watch football.  I previously had Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers as joint worst, but there’s nothing to rate Meadowbank for - it’s just a bit of Astro with no facilities!

Difficult to tell from our vantage point, but felt like we really controlled the game well today and could have scored 5 or 6.  Thought McCann was exceptional, Morrison and McGuffie played well, and so refreshing to see a front two.  really impressed with Lawal as well.

We won the game with our passing with much better running off the ball/into space than usual.

I feel for the Edinburgh fans. Cowden and Albion rovers are just dumps but at least they've got a bit of character. 

Meadowbanks just soulless. The only thing they've got going for them is that it could be improved. I can't see how fans can't be placed on the running track to bring in everything closer. It's a real shame whoever's in charge of the facilities isn't arsed about having a football team there. 

Also double cheeseburger was tasty. 

I feel for the Edinburgh fans. Cowden and Albion rovers are just dumps but at least they've got a bit of character. 

Meadowbanks just soulless. The only thing they've got going for them is that it could be improved. I can't see how fans can't be placed on the running track to bring in everything closer. It's a real shame whoever's in charge of the facilities isn't arsed about having a football team there. 

Also double cheeseburger was tasty. 

The club asked the above as well as putting a temporary stand behind the goals but Edinburgh Leisure don’t want fans crossing the running track.

2 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

The club asked the above as well as putting a temporary stand behind the goals but Edinburgh Leisure don’t want fans crossing the running track.

Wonder what their reasoning could be? Not like people walking over the track would ruin it. That would instantly make the fan experience better too.  

So basically it is unfit for professional football.
Would you not have been better sharing with Spartans or one of the rugby clubs?

Personally, after 5 years of ground sharing with Spartans, I was quite happy to see the back of it. I know the club were looking at a number of locations including lesser Murrayfield but I think when Meadowbank gave the go ahead for us to build the new stand on the opposite side, it was decided to go back.
I think once the new stand and facilities are built it’ll be an ok ground for football but just in the meantime it’s pretty poor.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Wonder what their reasoning could be? Not like people walking over the track would ruin it. That would instantly make the fan experience better too.  

It's not even a new track either. But the athletes are very precious about these things.