Edinburgh Vs The Bairns

38 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve already got tickets but I’m doubting I’ll even bother to travel. Everyone in cars due to train strikes, no parking due to Hibs v Rangers (and Edinburgh being Edinburgh), no decent shelter from the rain.
It’s meant to be entertainment…

When you get round to the standing bit there are signs dotted about saying "no standing at any time" which raise a wry smile.

Pretty good half where it’s been all us apart from a brainfart from Mackie which nearly cost us. Even then, McGuffie should have made it 2-0 about 30 seconds later. Up there with the worst ‘stadiums’ I’ve ever been to. Dire.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Edinburgh have looked worse than Peterhead last week, good to get a couple of wins on the trot though.

Intelligent pass from Yeates to set up Oliver for the second. Brilliant ball from Carroll and then strike from Burrell to kill the game.

More of that pls!

Edited by Rizzo

Had we won by 5 or 6 it would not have flattered us. No coincidence for me that midfield was better without Hetherington. 
Lawal won’t be out the team for long 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Had we won by 5 or 6 it would not have flattered us. No coincidence for me that midfield was better without Hetherington. 
Lawal won’t be out the team for long 

McGinn and Yeats is a solid base and then let Lawal, Oliver, Morrison and Burrell roam up front.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

McGinn and Yeats is a solid base and then let Lawal, Oliver, Morrison and Burrell roam up front.

We need to give Carroll minutes too in amongst that. If we can get him involved in 10-15 minute cameos initially then it will benefit us massively. 

Fantastic performance from the team today, apart from a double save from Hogarth following some sloppy play we were totally dominant. Could easily have scored more especially Morrisons open goal miss at the end.

We have finally got a team worthy of the jersey, epitomised by Donaldsons lunging block when it was 2 nil. Also some impact from Carroll. Shout out to Burrell and Lawal for letting a few of the youngsters take some snaps at the final whistle.

A great days work.

34 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

I wonder how long it will be before the manager acknowledges that it's easier to get his team fired up to play away from home. 

The under 20’s game I went to at Meadowbank last night with a crowd of about 40 (good game it was as well) had about the same atmosphere as the Edinburgh/Cowdenbeath game from a few weeks ago, I.e. none whatsoever.

I almost felt self conscious when I applauded a good chance that Cowden created that evening, don’t think it was the done thing. 🤨