Edinburgh Vs The Bairns

18 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Where is there information on away tickets for this game? I’ve seen nothing on the website and twitter.
I’m guessing it’s all ticket as that stand looks tiny having just seen the pics…

The stand sold out before FFC even announced the details

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/08/16/next-up-fc-edinburgh/?fbclid=IwAR2I1Y5HmufGXAQxqw-b4YIPT6npiScJbkdW6Lzb0tvR9q5y9EMHjR3HR_I

There is also an allocation of standing tickets

2119469266_ScreenShot2022-08-16at15_14_25.png.a87a5f0cb7f12dad8a5d9783b56f7d97.png

6 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

There’s a retail park/Sainsbury’s 5-10 mins walk away with 4 hrs max stay or on street parking if you can find any. (Double check the signs on the car park though in case it’s changed)

Hibs are at home to the tribute act on Saturday with a 12.30 kick off, so chances off a parking space at the back of the stadium are slim.  Pretty sure the retail park is the best shout.

10 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Fuckin train strike??

Folk can't afford to feed their families and heat their homes so they are striking for a living wage and you're complaining about possibly not being able to get to the fitba? Really?

Looking forward to a game in the Capital 🍻 hopefully decent weather so we don’t get soaked. Edinburgh have had a couple of decent away wins and struggled against Dunfermline after going down to 10 men. Watched highlights of their last two games, Didn’t look threatening against Dunfermline, Took their goals well against Alloa although the Alloa defending was horrendous. Their pitch is slow and dummy like Airdrie’s and we’ll need to find a way to pass quick and realise the ball sticks and moves slow. Also shooting off these dummy surfaces seem to be an issue where players just don’t seem to hit the ball cleanly. Hopefully a Falkirk win 2-0

Bought tickets for myself and 2 of the kids and now regretting it. Had a rough idea the experience was going to be poor but having watched the fifer highlights and then realising we'll be standing on grass with the forecast of rain, this is going to be rough. 

Tbh a facility like this shouldn't even be allowed in the professional ranks.  Absolutely zero consideration for the spectator.  

32 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You seen what train drivers earn?

It would make Burton O'Brien blush

It's an RMT strike, if your going to stick the boot into the folk striking at least grasp who is out on the picket line. ASLEF are the drivers union and had their dispute resolved.

Just now, 101 said:

It's an RMT strike, if your going to stick the boot into the folk striking at least grasp who is out on the picket line. ASLEF are the drivers union and had their dispute resolved.

Ooft touchy.

For the record I support l whatever strike action takes place. Wouldn't say a light hearted joke was sticking the boot in 😘

19 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Folk can't afford to feed their families and heat their homes so they are striking for a living wage and you're complaining about possibly not being able to get to the fitba? Really?

It is possible to simultaneously be supportive of the reasons for people striking, and pissed off at the disruption it brings.  I’d bought tickets on the assumption of train through and a few beers - had I spotted the strike was on I wouldn’t have wasted my money.

Edited by Disco Duck

On 17/08/2022 at 02:32, Disco Duck said:

Fuckin train strike??

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

It is possible to simultaneously be supportive of the reasons for people striking, and pissed off at the disruption it brings.  

Sorry, but that is not how your original post came across at all but we are only human and sometimes we put in print something that isn't exactly what we are thinking.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

15 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sorry, but that is not how your original post came across at all but we are only human and sometimes we put in print something that isn't exactly what we are thinking.

Sorry, is this any clearer?  f**k off, you holier-than-thou shite.

On 17/08/2022 at 06:59, Bairn in Exile said:

So to hell with the many people who rely on rail travel to get to work to be able to earn a wage? Idiot 

3 hours ago, champions said:

So to hell with the many people who rely on rail travel to get to work to be able to earn a wage? Idiot 

Nobody ever wants to go on strike, it's the action of last resort. If you're going to blame anybody for strikes happening, blame the employers / government for not offering a living wage, not the poor workers. Idiot.