Celtic v Hearts. 21st August.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If only that were true. Every single Celtic match thread pretty much becomes a diddy heads gone takeover wanting to tell us just how meaningless and boring it must be like they have some experience of what it actually feels like it

Seen me on any that don’t involve HMFC? 

Best thing about this place is the fact the two sectarian glory hunting teams have their own sub-forum.

7 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Seen me on any that don’t involve HMFC? 

Best thing about this place is the fact the two sectarian glory hunting teams have their own sub-forum.

The best thing is a practically dead sub forum that barely any of the regular Celtic or Rangers fans post on?

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Celtics average attendances through the years

ABB414D8-6C8C-4E99-8CDD-759CCD0F6147.png

Quite interesting the significant dip in 83/84 & 84/85, despite Celtic having a more than decent side those two seasons, narrowly missing out on the title each season to Ferguson's incredible Aberdeen side, making 3 of the 4 domestic cup finals, desperately unlucky to lose the two we lost and some decent results in Europe (I'm convinced we would have made the 85 CWC Final were it not for those cheating b*****ds Rapid Vienna 🤬, although highly unlikely we'd have beaten a superb Everton side in said final)

The reason I suspect for the significant attendance drop for those two years, not just at Celtic but at clubs all over the country will have been the dire economic crisis at the time, mainly the miners strike (of which my dad, and community was embroiled in) which saw thousands of families in Lanarkshire, Ayrshire, Stirlingshire, West Lothian and Fife go without income for the best part of two years, there were also knock on effects and industrial disputes in steelworks and shipbuilding, not to mention the arse had fallen out of the construction industry, football suffered more than anything as a side affect of the public crises ripping the heart out of working class communities everywhere, pretty sure every club suffered plummeting attendances bar prosperous Aberdeen which was in the fledgling years of the oil boom, not to mention they were the success story in Scottish football then.

6 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Wasn't there a game (Burns era I think so about 1994, I was still in school) that Celtic got about 9000 at home for. Did they close the mines down again for that one

There were a couple of games at the tail end of the 83/84 season that were below 10k, one a midweek game v Dundee after Aberdeen had won the league was around the 8000 mark I seem to recall, that was the last four figure attendance for a competitive home match.

Tommy Burns first season was the Hampden season, most games were around the 20 to 30k bracket but a couple below 20 near the end, including a midweek game v Partick Thistle, Celtic returned to a newly rebuilt stadium the following year and averaged about 30k the first season with just the North Stand and existing Main Stand before the two ends were built.

11 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Wasn't there a game (Burns era I think so about 1994, I was still in school) that Celtic got about 9000 at home for. Did they close the mines down again for that one

It was more a comment on how the social issues of the day, particularly in Scotland had a severe effect on things like football attendance in general, not just at Celtic but of course you knew that 😁

Apart from OF fans, and the few remaining diddy team supporters who bizarrely have a preference, when it comes to the two stinking carcinogenic teams in our league … NOBODY ELSE CARES!

NOBODY. YOU ARE RECOGNISED AND DESPISED.

Anyway… HHGH

5 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

There were a couple of games at the tail end of the 83/84 season that were below 10k, one a midweek game v Dundee after Aberdeen had won the league was around the 8000 mark I seem to recall, that was the last four figure attendance for a competitive home match.

Tommy Burns first season was the Hampden season, most games were around the 20 to 30k bracket but a couple below 20 near the end, including a midweek game v Partick Thistle, Celtic returned to a newly rebuilt stadium the following year and averaged about 30k the first season with just the North Stand and existing Main Stand before the two ends were built.

I mean when he was manager, I'm no in my 60s

5 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Apart from OF fans, and the few remaining diddy team supporters who bizarrely have a preference, when it comes to the two stinking carcinogenic teams in our league … NOBODY ELSE CARES!

Anyway… HHGH

Definitely cheered on his big team in the Europa league final in May in Seville. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Anyway… HHGH

monday night raw whatever GIF by WWE

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Let’s not forget the great miners strike of 2013-16 when Celtic’s attendances once again took a major hit 

Something inside so strong 

The same strike that caused Rangers average attendance to drop to 32k one season? No wait sorry  that was Mike Ashley effect on those who don’t walk away 😉